Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Default Xbox 360 and best LCD tv ?

Anyone have one preordered? Mine is paid for and waiting to come home. I plan on getting Pefect Dark and possibly Call of Duty.

I have been looking at a 40" Samsung LCD flatscreen to go with the 360. Anyone have any recommendations for flatscreen LCDs? Plasmas supposedly get burn in and DLPs are too big/bulky.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

what do ya mean by 'burn in'...?

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muffdiver
    what do ya mean by 'burn in'...?
    "Burn In" is what happens with certain games if they are on, or played too much. If you've ever looked at some of the old arcade games like pacman, you can see certain images burned into the screen.

Burn In
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Limecuda
    Anyone have one preordered? Mine is paid for and waiting to come home. I plan on getting Pefect Dark and possibly Call of Duty.

I have been looking at a 40" Samsung LCD flatscreen to go with the 360. Anyone have any recommendations for flatscreen LCDs? Plasmas supposedly get burn in and DLPs are too big/bulky.
    Plasma or DLP is the way to go by far, way better picture quality over LCD.
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

Detroit Red Wings

GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGuitars99
    Plasma or DLP is the way to go by far, way better picture quality over LCD.
    I agree plasma is nicer in most cases, however if you watch news tickers, the nfl score in the corners, or play video games you run a risk of ruining the set. DLP is just too big. Thus far I really like the clarity of the Samsung. I like the ambient lighting of the phillips but the picture is not nearly as sharp and crisp. I also noticed that the xbox360 kiosk are using the Samsungs.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:44 PM
    Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    "Burn In" is what happens with certain games if they are on, or played too much. If you've ever looked at some of the old arcade games like pacman, you can see certain images burned into the screen.

Burn In
    I've heard that too about plasma's and playing vid games. Your not supposed too....but, how old do you think that Pac Man game is that has burn in on the screen?

I'm looking to get a 42" plasma, but, i saw an LCD a couple days ago and was really impressed with the picture.
    Dealing with it.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Currently: 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Currently: Panama
    Last Online

05.30.17 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I guarantee you that you won't own your TV long enough or watch enough of it to ever experience Burn-In. I have 2 Plasma TV's that I use here at work and they are on in courtrooms for 8 hours a day...sometimes showing the same image for those 8 hours and we have not experienced Burn-In yet. These Plasmas have been in use in our courtrooms for 5 years now. DON'T BELIEVE THE BURN-IN HYPE!!! This IS a reality...but certain representatives from certain companies want you to believe it will happen the first week you own the TV. Trust me...I research this stuff for a living. If you want a REALLY good TV, check out the Sony 50 inch SCRD HDTV ($4,000). The only draw back with it right now is that it upconverts to 1080p and doesn't have the ability to show TRUE 1080p....but not too many of the new crop of 1080p sets can anyways. If you are wanting an XBOX 360 or the PS3 then you will probably want a TV that is 1080p capable. It is a far superior picture to 1080i.
    Last edited by evans5150; 11.07.05 at 09:53 AM.
    Thunder Mountain Brewing Company
    Owner and Brewmaster

Bottled: 2010 Imperial Bastard Stout (9.5% ABV)
    Bottled: 2011 Thunder Mountain Pale Ale (5.5% ABV)
    Fermenting: 2011 Thunder Mountain Irrish Ale (4.9% ABV)

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music. As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool." -Eddie Van Halen, 1996

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 10:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree plasma is nicer in most cases, however if you watch news tickers, the nfl score in the corners, or play video games you run a risk of ruining the set. DLP is just too big. Thus far I really like the clarity of the Samsung. I like the ambient lighting of the phillips but the picture is not nearly as sharp and crisp. I also noticed that the xbox360 kiosk are using the Samsungs.
    haha, im guessing you saw this at a Best Buy?
    i say that, because i work at one and EVERY tv display not used in home theatre is gonna be a Samsung LCD tv... i dont know why, but thats what we use, haha
    "And I used to wonder why, then later i realized, cuz he's Eddie Fuckin Van Halen!"
    -Michael Ian Black on VH1's I Love the 80s as to why Eddie Van Halen is always smiling.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

If you are looking at LCD definately go Hitachi or Panasonic, Hitachi makes the best LCD on the market and warrenty wise Panasonic is two years right out of the box. As far as Plasma, anyone who tells you Plasma is Plasma is a complete fool, HUGE difference between High end and Low End. I run DLP simpley because I have seen very few TV`s with out more than doubling the price range who`s pic even come close, DLP shit`s all over LCD in everyway for picture quality, not sure what you meaan about too big, mine is only 13 inches deep, not to mention for standard definition programing DLP looks better then both Plasma and LCD, I am running High Def Sat and the pic is unreal.
    If you go high end TV in any form, do not go below Component Video for your connection, or you are wasting your money. DVI or HDMI is perfect picture as far as signal goes, but it is up to the eye, you will notice MUCH crisper pics with DVI/HDMI, but also brings out the blacks as well. You might want to look into a High Def or up converting DVD player as well.
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

Detroit Red Wings

GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Screen burn only happens when the same image is displayed on the screen consistantly over the course of a long period of time. Games now have constantly changing screens and are basically the same as watching TV. I wouldn't worry about screen burn anymore, unless you still play Pacman 22 hours a day.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousD21
    haha, im guessing you saw this at a Best Buy?
    i say that, because i work at one and EVERY tv display not used in home theatre is gonna be a Samsung LCD tv... i dont know why, but thats what we use, haha
    Samsung was used at Best Buy, WalMart, and Gamestop. Working there what do you feel is the best LCD?

DLP is too big to mount on a wall. lol

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 10:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Samsung was used at Best Buy, WalMart, and Gamestop. Working there what do you feel is the best LCD?

DLP is too big to mount on a wall. lol

haha, sorry dude not my department, i work in the Digital Imaging (cameras and camcorders) department. i can gladly help you out with a camera
    oh and want to hear something cool? EVERY LCD tv that you wanna buy, if i were to buy it, i would pay roughly $500 less then you
    "And I used to wonder why, then later i realized, cuz he's Eddie Fuckin Van Halen!"
    -Michael Ian Black on VH1's I Love the 80s as to why Eddie Van Halen is always smiling.