Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.31.08 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Realtors are Evil

OK, so I have my house on the market, it’s been up since August 16, 2005. I am simply amazed at the character of Agents who would like to show my home to their clients. My first run in was the day after my house was listed. The listing specifically states,”Please call Homeowner and give two hours advance notice. If Homeowner is not available, please leave Voice Mail stating when you will be in the house. Please leave your name, company and phone number in case Homeowner needs to reach you. House will only be shown during the hours of 9:00 AM to 7:00PM, Monday through Saturday. House will not be shown on Sundays. No Exceptions. Only pre-qualified buyers please. If Buyer is not pre-qualified, please do not make an offer."
    So this Agent calls me at 8:30 PM, wants to show the house now. I refused and he was pissed. Started yelling at me and stated…”This buyer has traveled all the way down from Seattle to look at your home and you are going to refuse them?” I have since learned that this is a nice little line that Agents will use to get inside your home. Every time they use that line…I laugh because it is simply Bullshit. I have heard it at least 10 times.
    I have Wednesday’s off. So when I am home I like to relax, stay in my PJ’s, watch some TV, do some chores and so forth. On three occasions, my door suddenly opened with an Agent and their clients walking in. I exploded and would yell some nice obscenities. This is uncalled for. It is still my fucking house and I value my privacy. It has become quite apparent that Realtors don’t really give a shit about the seller’s privacy. Two days ago, I received a voice mail, the agent said he would be showing my home at 6:00 PM. OK, very cool, no big deal. Thanks for the advanced notice. 6:00 PM rolls around, nobody. Finally tried to call the agent with the number that he left me, he would not answer. Finally at 7:15 PM, there was one knock, and then my door opened. I calmly walked out of my den, and stated, “You could at the very least wait an appropriate amount of time before you opened the door.” The Agent acted as though I was being an asshole about the whole thing and his client finally said, ‘I don’t want to see the house, not like this.” His Agent was pretty pissed.
    Now this past Sunday, (Remember…..the house will not be shown on Sundays) I get a voice mail from an Agent and he said he will be showing my home at 5:30, Sunday Evening. Asshole did not leave a name, did not leave a number. It was my son’s Birthday and we were having a party for him during that time so I left a note on my door that said…”To the Agent that called and would like to show my house this evening at 5:30, the house will not be shown tonight. Please read the listing. I would have called you but you failed to provide some important information. Have a good evening.” So the party goes as planned and guess what….a knock at my door. It was the Agent that called earlier in the day. “Can you fucking read, how dare you interrupt my son’s Birthday party.” The Agent apologizes and stated that his clients would really love to see the house tonight and they are ready to make an offer. I told him…. And I would turn that offer down, because you are their agent, have a nice night. And I closed the door. The fucker knocked again and pleaded with me to show the house…I had him take a look inside, it was quite apparent that there is a party going on and he said that it did not matter. I told him they could wait until tomorrow. If they want it bad enough, they can wait until the following day. Then I slammed the door on his face.
    OK, so I know I have not been nice, but shit, when you do not respect my wishes how am I supposed to act? Most of them have been respectful, most of them have been kind but damn, the ones who are complete pricks that simply do not care can go fuck themselves. I’m tired of it.
    So, if anybody is looking for a house in the Portland/Vancouver area, mine is still for sale. 4 bedroom, two bath 2100 SQ ft with AC, Hot tub, fireplace. Built in 1997. Great house and it’s priced to go. $249,900. And no, I will not pay for your closing cost!

Sorry for the rant but I feel better now.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

villains
    Favorite VH Song

cup of tea
    Last Online

08.13.09 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dude, you really don't want to sell that house do you?

Last Online

12.31.08 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Of course I want to sell it. But should I allow people to just walk in unannounced? There have been times when an Agent would call me and say, "Hey dude.....can we work something out here, my clients would love to see it but...." Then yeah, I will work with them and have done so. It's the Agents that dont give a shit that really piss me off. I have learned that when you sell a house, you give up a certain amount of privacy. Remember man, agents are after one thing....$$$$$$$$, and they will do anything to get that 3 or 6 percent. All I ask is that you play by the rules, and if you dont wanna play by the rules...screw you. Put yourself in my shoes dude...would you let an Agent walk all over you? A house is a very personal thing. Its your house you know, you have the right to set the ground rules and mine are not that bad, I have seen worse. Most have a 24 hour advance notice, mine is only 2 hours.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:07 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Whats sad is the successful agents are the assholes. One of my best friends sold real estate for awhile, he said the only way to be successful is to be a ruthless ass and cut your competitors off at the knee. He left the business because he couldn't stand the back stabbing.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts

Donor

I dabble in Real Estate. It's not my main job though. It's something I do part-time. We are an auction company, so we run things a little different. I'm a licensed broker, and I'd have to agree with you. Most of them are horrible, and it's sad. Allow me to make a recommendation:

Don't allow any private showings. At all. Have your agent run an open house for a short time over the weekend, and if they are interested in seeing it, then they'll come then. Trust me, these stop in and look people hardly every buy. If someone wants to come back after an open house, allow that...but tell them only if they are pretty sure they are going to make you an offer. You can play hard ball too. Your house has been listed since August. I don't know much about the market in Washington, but I can tell you already that's too long. Somebody is not working things the right way for you or it's overpriced. Selling a house is all about stirring up an "event" type atmosphere...your event would have been in August...Now it's just another house that has sat on the market...

This all goes back to my open house theory...Get more than one group of people looking at the house at once...make em think there's something special about it...I'm not saying to lie to anyone...but this is a sales event.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

01.31.14 @ 07:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is the listing agent doing for his/her share of the commission? A full service Brokerage should be the portal for setting up showings. The Buyers' Agent should call your agent, who should lay down the rules for showing your home. There are homes in every MLS that have specific showing limitations, day sleepers, weekends only, etc. Sure there are genuine buyers who might have a scheduling conflict, but a good agent works things out without being an ass. There are a few good Realtors out there (I'd like to think that I'm one) who do care about the best interest of their client, not just the check. There are also a bunch of idiots out there that sully the profession just like any other job. Too bad these morons don't realize the wake that they leave....makes it hard for those of us who are trying to "do it right" and not be "cut-throat". PM me if you want...

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Could be interested, but I would have to see it on sunday
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by weesfreewheelin
    Could be interested, but I would have to see it on sunday
    Nice...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:52 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

My favorite real estate agent story was when we sold our first house 3 years ago. We called the best known real estate company in our city and they sent the big dog over himself with his lovely wife in tow. We had the house appraised and we knew it was in the ball-park of around $220 - $235000 CDN for a 1750 sq foot semi-town. So this guy comes in and walks around and takes his little notes. We sit at the table an he suggests we should list at $195000 in our area. He said anything more would be an insult to the buyers and we wouldn't sell. I thanked them an showed them the door and called an agent referred by a friend.

So...he looks at the house and says lets list at $224000. Sounds good. He goes back to his office and finishes the paperwork and lists it on the real estate network. Within 5 minutes (and this is a fact..it was within 5 minutes) he gets a call from a real estate agent that wants to show the house to their client. Guess what? It was the original real estate agent that told me I should list at $195000. Turns out while he was looking at my house he already had a buyer who had been looking in the area for 3 months and our house fit what they were looking for perfectly. Only problem is they were looking to pay around.....are you ready for this.....$195000! What a jack-ass.

So in his mind..I list at $195000 and he sells my house without even having to list it. He looks like a hero and I am supposed to be happy. And of course he takes his 5% commission.

Ironically (if that is the correct term) it was his clients that ended up buying the house at $222000. They offered $195000 and asked us to leave the appliances. I wanted to write the offer back as my original plus $10000. My agent suggested that was a bit harsh. So we sold it for $222000 and I threw in the toaster.

Long winded, pissed off real-estate story. And for those interested, I did mention to the other agent that it was quite the coincidence that he wanted to list my house at $195000 and his clients wanted to pay $195000. It was the first time the guy didn't have anything to say.

I am done. Thank you for your time. I'll buy drinks for all in the Full Pub.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

I ran into that in a house I was renting. The owner put it up for sale. I didn't have a phone at the time, but I told the real estate agents to call me at work if they wanted to show it. I didn't receive many phone calls at work about them showing the house, so I decided to leave a little tape recorder in the living room and set it to come on when noise was picked up. Sure enough after a couple of days, I come home and check it and they had shown the house without my permission. I was livid! I went over to my sisters and called the real estate agent, who got very nasty with me, so, I in turn, got very nasty back. Anyway, I should have just bought the fucking house, because it went for cheap. 1 BR cabin style house on 2 acres for about $20,000.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Stormfront2112, you are certainly in the right. Until you close, its YOUR home. If an agent cant be trusted to follow simple instructions and protocol, then how the hell can u trust them with the people they bring, or with having any access at all to your home.

I'dd put a chain on the door and when it opens again w/o proper notification etc, i'd shoot a paintball at them!
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

My realator was not evil. In fact, she was .....just wondermous all around.

sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:07 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad
    My realator was not evil. In fact, she was .....just wondermous all around.

I would spread her on a bagel with a dollup of strawberry jam.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfront2112
    OK, so I have my house on the market, it’s been up since August 16, 2005. I am simply amazed at the character of Agents who would like to show my home to their clients. My first run in was the day after my house was listed. The listing specifically states,”Please call Homeowner and give two hours advance notice. If Homeowner is not available, please leave Voice Mail stating when you will be in the house. Please leave your name, company and phone number in case Homeowner needs to reach you. House will only be shown during the hours of 9:00 AM to 7:00PM, Monday through Saturday. House will not be shown on Sundays. No Exceptions. Only pre-qualified buyers please. If Buyer is not pre-qualified, please do not make an offer."
    So this Agent calls me at 8:30 PM, wants to show the house now. I refused and he was pissed. Started yelling at me and stated…”This buyer has traveled all the way down from Seattle to look at your home and you are going to refuse them?” I have since learned that this is a nice little line that Agents will use to get inside your home. Every time they use that line…I laugh because it is simply Bullshit. I have heard it at least 10 times.
    I have Wednesday’s off. So when I am home I like to relax, stay in my PJ’s, watch some TV, do some chores and so forth. On three occasions, my door suddenly opened with an Agent and their clients walking in. I exploded and would yell some nice obscenities. This is uncalled for. It is still my fucking house and I value my privacy. It has become quite apparent that Realtors don’t really give a shit about the seller’s privacy. Two days ago, I received a voice mail, the agent said he would be showing my home at 6:00 PM. OK, very cool, no big deal. Thanks for the advanced notice. 6:00 PM rolls around, nobody. Finally tried to call the agent with the number that he left me, he would not answer. Finally at 7:15 PM, there was one knock, and then my door opened. I calmly walked out of my den, and stated, “You could at the very least wait an appropriate amount of time before you opened the door.” The Agent acted as though I was being an asshole about the whole thing and his client finally said, ‘I don’t want to see the house, not like this.” His Agent was pretty pissed.
    Now this past Sunday, (Remember…..the house will not be shown on Sundays) I get a voice mail from an Agent and he said he will be showing my home at 5:30, Sunday Evening. Asshole did not leave a name, did not leave a number. It was my son’s Birthday and we were having a party for him during that time so I left a note on my door that said…”To the Agent that called and would like to show my house this evening at 5:30, the house will not be shown tonight. Please read the listing. I would have called you but you failed to provide some important information. Have a good evening.” So the party goes as planned and guess what….a knock at my door. It was the Agent that called earlier in the day. “Can you fucking read, how dare you interrupt my son’s Birthday party.” The Agent apologizes and stated that his clients would really love to see the house tonight and they are ready to make an offer. I told him…. And I would turn that offer down, because you are their agent, have a nice night. And I closed the door. The fucker knocked again and pleaded with me to show the house…I had him take a look inside, it was quite apparent that there is a party going on and he said that it did not matter. I told him they could wait until tomorrow. If they want it bad enough, they can wait until the following day. Then I slammed the door on his face.
    OK, so I know I have not been nice, but shit, when you do not respect my wishes how am I supposed to act? Most of them have been respectful, most of them have been kind but damn, the ones who are complete pricks that simply do not care can go fuck themselves. I’m tired of it.
    So, if anybody is looking for a house in the Portland/Vancouver area, mine is still for sale. 4 bedroom, two bath 2100 SQ ft with AC, Hot tub, fireplace. Built in 1997. Great house and it’s priced to go. $249,900. And no, I will not pay for your closing cost!

Sorry for the rant but I feel better now.
    You are an angry dude. If I walked into your house, I would have to wear body armor. "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

LOL...
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion