Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Goodbye and Best of Luck

This email was sent through our company's entire system from an employee who quit her job... She left at 2:30pm and the email was timed to be sent out at 4pm...

Goodbye and Best of Luck:
    As most of you know today is my last day. I would like to take the moment and say that I've enjoyed working with most of you and learning a bit about "-company name-" and third party certification. I would like to wish you all the best and good luck to you all.

A Few Final Words
    To those of you who had nothing better to do then to speak amongst yourselves about the times that I close my door and speak on the phone, now you have more time to pick on someone else and complain about him/her. Hopefully you can learn to speak lower when you are in the corridor and respect other people trying to do their work.

To the App Guide Manager, may you continue to stall the App Guide on the Web process to save your job. Thank you for taking over my work and using it as your own and for making my work and projects unimportant and unnecessary. This project should be on the web by now or at least on its way, however it will be some great time before that happens. May you also learn how to treat people like people and not like slaves and also learn how to communicate well and use the good English that you know so well.

To those who told me that I am unprofessional in the workplace, hopefully everyone can take some classes on how to be professional, because at "-company name-", I didn't see much that was professional. I also apologize for being honest, I didn't know that being honest constitutes as being unprofessional.

To those who have been chosen as the favorites, because you are needed for what you do. Keep on getting away with slacking off and having others pick up that slack. Your manager is aware of that. To all the ones that are required to pick up that slack, your manager is well aware of that, and she allows it because she needs that person to do her job more than she needs anyone else. So to her, keep on slacking, then end of that hopefully will be soon. And to those that actually need a job, your redemption will come. You love your children and health, and as long as you take care of your health and children, one day you will be treated fairly as well. Maybe not here but that day will come. Hang in there.

Wish you all the very best.

Yours truly,
    A-name F-withheld
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Sounds like there is some serious shit going on at your place!!!!!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

im glad the bottom of that letter didnt say anything to the idea of ending her life..i thought it was going to go there.
    Good for her to speak her mind. the company..is it fucked up..like almost every other company in the country?
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 87 Posts

Disgruntled employee....hmm, that's something rare.

Don't you just love email. WHere i used to work some girl wanted to vent about how somebody was treating her to a friend of hers, so instead of just sending it to her she accidentally sent it to the whole company.

Pretty funny email with a lot of F bombs and female dog references.
    Dealing with it.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I hear what you guys are saying but sometimes people need to learn to get over themselves. It's not news that people can be a pain in the ass to deal with, get over it. It's your job it's not your life, if you feel thing's can be done better but nobody really seems to care what you think that's not the end of the world, you life begins when you step out of that place of business and head toward your real life, you know, your family and or friends. Work used to piss me off too for a lot of the same reason's this person stated, but that stopped when I was about 22, stupid shit just doesn't piss me off like it used to, besides, what the hell do I know. One way might make perfect sense to one person yet make little sense to the next, who is right? If your not in a situation that creates policy or set's priorities you should probably just keep your mouth closed every once in a while, your opinion isn't nearly as important to me as it is to you, you shouldn't take that personally.

In matters of safety I have no problem with people getting on there soap box and just rattling away until there opinion is considered, but other then that I wish more people could learn not to take themselves so seriously. You were hired to support something and to work within the confines of a team, we all can't be the boss.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

LOL.. all those things sound so familiar.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Wow. Sounds like quite the hotbed of office activity.

Guess she already got her letters of reference before she dropped that one?
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc
    Guess she already got her letters of reference before she dropped that one?
    HR departments are so hogtied as to what they can say anyways...if she already got the new job she's probably safe.

sounds a bit like our place too. it's just as screwed up as any other place i've worked.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

was she a hottie??
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    was she a hottie??
    lol.

I'm guessing if everyone that was allegedly shitting all over her were women, then i'd say she probably is. I used to work in a large bank and saw this quite a bit, and that was IF the old, ugly HR lady would even hire someone halfway attractive. Which was rare.
    Dealing with it.

Last Online

11.26.17 @ 10:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Wow!!! Nothing like burning those bridges.
    There was no need for her to send that email, she'll never know when she might require a favour from somebody she worked with in the past.
    That was really dumb. There's better ways to vent your anger - the best way is to just leave without saying anything.
    Last edited by CanCanSingSing; 11.01.05 at 02:01 PM.
    "In our house, a song was considered shit if it didn't have a big guitar solo on it"- Slash

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

That sounds like just about every place I've worked. Why is it though, that we accept the fact that no matter where we work, we will be treated like shit? I always think, "Well, I could find another job.", but in reality the "Other" job could, and probably will suck worse than the one I already have. It's a catch 22, and they know that they have you by the balls or whatever it is you might possess.

I have just recently heard about this book, which I've heard explains somewhat, why where you work sucks.

The Peter Principle was first introduced by L. Peter in a humoristic book (of the same title) describing the pitfalls of bureaucratic organization. The original principle states that in a hierarchically structured administration, people tend to be promoted up to their "level of incompetence". The principle is based on the observation that in such an organization new employees typically start in the lower ranks, but when they prove to be competent in the task to which they are assigned, they get promoted to a higher rank. This process of climbing up the hierarchical ladder can go on indefinitely, until the employee reaches a position where he or she is no longer competent. At that moment the process typically stops, since the established rules of bureacracies make that it is very difficult to "demote" someone to a lower rank, even if that person would be much better fitted and more happy in that lower position. The net result is that most of the higher levels of a bureaucracy will be filled by incompetent people, who got there because they were quite good at doing a different (and usually, but not always, easier) task than the one they are expected to do.

The evolutionary generalization of the principle is less pessimistic in its implications, since evolution lacks the bureaucratic inertia that pushes and maintains people in an unfit position. But what will certainly remain is that systems confronted by evolutionary problems will quickly tackle the easy ones, but tend to get stuck in the difficult ones. The better (more fit, smarter, more competent, more adaptive) a system is, the more quickly it will solve all the easy problems, but the more difficult the problem will be it finally gets stuck in. Getting stuck here does not mean "being unfit", it just means having reached the limit of one's competence, and thus having great difficulty advancing further. This explains why even the most complex and adaptive species (such as ourselves, humans) are always still "struggling for survival" in their niches as energetically as are the most primitive organisms such as bacteria. If ever a species would get control over all its evolutionary problems, then the "Red Queen Principle" would make sure that new, more complex problems would arise, so that the species would continue to balance on the border of its domain of incompetence. In conclusion, the generalized Peter principle states that in evolution systems tend to develop up to the limit of their adaptive competence.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,480 Times in 902 Posts

Nice to see the person really unload.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo
    Nice to see the person really unload.
    and without a weapon in their hands...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton