Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    PM Goo with your concerns OLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    Enumclaw, WA
    Posts
    18,055
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Likes
    91
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

    Default 35yrs old dating 21yrs old

    I would like to hear some of your thoughts on this.

    I have a cousin she is 21 and just graduated from the University of Washington. She has her first real job and her first serious boy friend, her boy friend happens to be her boss and is also 35 years old!! Now I know its none of my dam business what she does with her life. I will say she is extremely attractive, she could be a model if she wanted to do so. She is also very naive, she has been sheltered by her parents her entire life. I have met this guy but only breifly, it was one of those nice to meet you and a shake of the hands type things. The whole time I am thinking what do you see in each other? He is 35 she is 21, she has a lot of growing up to do. Besides the physical attraction I just dont see it. Its not the gap in years that bothers me, its the fact that she is so young, had she been 26 and he 40 it wouldnt bother me so much. She is still a kid, that lives off her well to do parents.

    I just think at 21 you have so much growing up to do, its a time in your life when you are figuring out who and what you are.

    I cant imagine dating a 21 year old gal, what would we talk about? My life consists of my buisness, my home, investments etc etc. At 21 my life was a shitty studio apartment, beer, pizza, beer and trying to find out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. At 21 someone 35 seemed all grown up to me, I cant imagine dating a 35 year old woman at 21.

    Thoughts please
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

  2. #2
    Damage your reputation seenbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.24.00
    Age
    45
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    26,946
    Favorite VH Album

    Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the one
    Last Online

    11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Likes
    73
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OLO

    The whole time I am thinking what do you see in each other? He is 35 she is 21
    ......BWA HA HAWWW HAR HAR HAR

    Olo....surely you jest.


    I cant imagine dating a 35 year old woman at 21.
    Now we're clickin.

    Thoughts please
    I hope my thoughtful insight has inspired clarity. No problem. Anytime.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

    Gunter glieben glauchen globen

  3. #3
    Baluchitherium Texas Poundcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.16.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Posts
    4,141
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

    Poundcake
    Last Online

    07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OLO
    I would like to hear some of your thoughts on this.

    I have a cousin she is 21 and just graduated from the University of Washington. She has her first real job and her first serious boy friend, her boy friend happens to be her boss and is also 35 years old!! Now I know its none of my dam business what she does with her life. I will say she is extremely attractive, she could be a model if she wanted to do so. She is also very naive, she has been sheltered by her parents her entire life. I have met this guy but only breifly, it was one of those nice to meet you and a shake of the hands type things. The whole time I am thinking what do you see in each other? He is 35 she is 21, she has a lot of growing up to do. Besides the physical attraction I just dont see it. Its not the gap in years that bothers me, its the fact that she is so young, had she been 26 and he 40 it wouldnt bother me so much. She is still a kid, that lives off her well to do parents.

    I just think at 21 you have so much growing up to do, its a time in your life when you are figuring out who and what you are.

    I cant imagine dating a 21 year old gal, what would we talk about? My life consists of my buisness, my home, investments etc etc. At 21 my life was a shitty studio apartment, beer, pizza, beer and trying to find out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. At 21 someone 35 seemed all grown up to me, I cant imagine dating a 35 year old woman at 21.

    Thoughts please
    I think I would feel the same way that you do Olo. Although I was married at 21, I really did have alot of growing up left to do. And.... SNIC is only 3 yrs older than me. I would love to have a 21 yr old guy though!

  4. #4
    PM Goo with your concerns OLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    Enumclaw, WA
    Posts
    18,055
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Likes
    91
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    I agree with you guys as far as the sex goes. But beyond the sex what is there?
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

  5. #5
    Damage your reputation seenbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.24.00
    Age
    45
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    26,946
    Favorite VH Album

    Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the one
    Last Online

    11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Likes
    73
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    oh oh! I know!

    SEX!
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

    Gunter glieben glauchen globen

  6. #6
    Good Enough SassyLassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.17.05
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,648
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    04.27.16 @ 06:28 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I guess you'd just have to ask what both of their intentions are. Maybe she's trying to prove that she's not a little girl anymore by going out with grown man, and maybe he's just divorced or something, trying to get his ex jealous by dating some young bombshell. Give it a few months. If they're serious, they'll still be together, and if they are, good luck to 'em!
    ***OFFCIAL TLW 8 VIRGIN/SURVIVOR!***

    "Mean ass calendar!"-TST

    "GYPSY DILDO PUNKS!"-Harry Dean Stanton

    I'm Polish but I don't speak any of the language or know anything about it's culture other than getting mowed down by Hitler...-fast98dodge

    My head is freshly shaven and I have cleaned the house before my departure-Viking preparing for TLW

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,179
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 12:37 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,599 Times in 982 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Yep, it all depends on whether they're just boinking each other or whether they're in love.

  8. #8
    Summer Nights in Cabo SNIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.21.04
    Age
    48
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,850
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

    10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Likes
    89
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Poundcake
    I think I would feel the same way that you do Olo. Although I was married at 21, I really did have alot of growing up left to do. And.... SNIC is only 3 yrs older than me. I would love to have a 21 yr old guy though!
    Done! You can have a 21 yr old if I can have a 21 yr old woman.

    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

  9. #9
    Eruption Badhorsie551's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.03.04
    Location
    Houston,Texas
    Posts
    1,346
    Favorite VH Album

    all of them
    Favorite VH Song

    pretty much all of them
    Last Online

    04.02.13 @ 10:13 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Sometimes its real and sometimes its not.
    What do you mean i dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday!

  10. #10
    Baluchitherium Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.10.04
    Location
    Slightly North of Sanity
    Posts
    4,558
    Favorite VH Album

    Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

    Ditto
    Last Online

    07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Likes
    150
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Yep, it all depends on whether they're just boinking each other or whether they're in love.
    Indeed, perhaps they simply have a "service agreement". The buddy system. Giddyup !!
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

    This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

  11. #11
    PM Goo with your concerns OLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    Enumclaw, WA
    Posts
    18,055
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Likes
    91
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    The fact that she has brought him to family functions tells me that its more than a service agreement.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,179
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 12:37 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,599 Times in 982 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Do you know your cousin well enough to know whether she's really in love or just perhaps infatuated with an older man? It's easy to confuse one with the other, especially if like you mentioned there's a certain amount of naivete to be considered. That said, true love can happen at 21, no problem.

    Also, there's the Dude factor. What kind of vibe did you get from the guy during your cursory introduction? Usually dudes can tell where other similarly aged dudes are coming from. Did he have the 'banging the young innocent babe' vibe, or the sincere 'I care for her' vibe?

  13. #13
    Baluchitherium Rovus's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.10.03
    Age
    36
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,100
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    07.09.11 @ 09:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Maybe she's not considering this to be a serious thing yet and might be over before you know it. I agree she should try and get more taste of life first. I love older women also but not in the serious sense.

    If this guy is her boss, is it possible that she could be doing this out of say...self recognition?
    Bobby Cohn: Who's going to be at Waynestock?
    Wayne Campbell: Um, uh...Aerosmith & Pearl Jam!
    Garth Algar: Ha ha ha ha ho!
    Bobby: Who else?
    Garth: Uh, me...and...and Wayne...
    Wayne: ...and uh...VAN HALEN!!!
    Garth: Wow. Van Halen. Who else?
    Bobby: Yeah, who else?
    Wayne: Uh, an old man fashioning a kayak out of a log?

    - Wayne's World 2

    "God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams

    "Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." - Winston Churchill

  14. #14
    Niners Fan! SactoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.00
    Age
    47
    Location
    The Tiki Bar...
    Posts
    9,524
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    6
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Let's kick his ass!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

  15. #15
    PM Goo with your concerns OLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    Enumclaw, WA
    Posts
    18,055
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Likes
    91
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Do you know your cousin well enough to know whether she's really in love or just perhaps infatuated with an older man? It's easy to confuse one with the other, especially if like you mentioned there's a certain amount of naivete to be considered. That said, true love can happen at 21, no problem.

    Also, there's the Dude factor. What kind of vibe did you get from the guy during your cursory introduction? Usually dudes can tell where other similarly aged dudes are coming from. Did he have the 'banging the young innocent babe' vibe, or the sincere 'I care for her' vibe?
    I dont know if its true love with her or not, her parents seem to think so.

    The vibe I got from him was a bit stand-offish, almost like he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. It could have been that he had meet so many people in such a short amount of time we do have a large family. I have two male cousins that are about my age (mid to late 30's) and we were all thinking the same thing.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Internet Dating.. your views!!
    By stilleddiesangel in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04.18.07, 05:12 AM
  2. Dating threads
    By Menlow in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05.30.06, 09:42 AM
  3. 10 rules for dating my daughter
    By Bob_R in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01.12.06, 09:36 AM
  4. Valerie is dating Jacko
    By SeriousDooDoo in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03.06.03, 10:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •