Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sirius - Howard Stern 100 News is on the air!

Sirius Howard Stern channels 100 & 101 are on the air! They are playing all kinds of interviews and clips from the characters from his show. Howard contractually cant be on the air till Jan...but what I'm hearing is pretty funny.

Howard Stern 100 gets soft launch on Sirius
    Sirius satellite radio subscribers got a pleasant treat last night when they tuned into channel 100.

While Stern himself doesn’t hit the airwaves until January 2006, programming began last night on his new channel over at Sirius.

“Howard 100 News” included several spots with Stern-related content including an interview with former show regular Jackie Martling. The interview alluded to the possibility of Martling returning to the Stern fold in some capacity.

Meanwhile, listeners this morning heard the beginning of a promised 24 hour segment with Wendy the Retard, a regular caller to the Stern show who is in fact, retarded. The content was clearly unscripted with long periods of dull silence interspersed with the sounds of Wendy playing video games and in-house drum kit while coughing and ad-libbing into the mic.

Stern has lined up some additional content in the coming days.

Saturday, October 22 – Ronnie The Limo Driver’s birthday party at 10 p.m.
    Monday, October 24 – Double A’s interview with Beth O at 6 p.m.
    Tuesday, October 25 – Angry Black and King of All Blacks (Time TBD).
    Thursday, October 27 – High Pitch Eric all day, how much crap is really in High Pitch?

Clearly not a highbrow lineup , Stern and Sirius are probably using the soft launch both as a teaser to encourage fans who haven’t bought a Sirius subscription to do so, as well as a dry run in preparation for the King of All Media’s Sirius debut in January.
    http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/blog.php?p=2899
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jackie is probably coming back!!!!

I hope the great Billy West will comeback too!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Honestly, who even cares anymore about Howard and his whiny ass bunch of nuclear-bombing survivors. I'm sorry, but he stopped being funny after his divorce, the show was never the same. I find it creepy that a 51 year old (that looks like the crypt-keeper in black) makes millions asking...'Hey, can we see your boobs' while I make a lousy 32K pushing a gas pedal. What a fucking moron. Get with the times, douchebag.

Besides, you can't be the INVENTOR of something that's ALREADY BEEN DONE!!!!! Opie and Anthony have been on satelliete radio since October '04. So it looks like they've one upped you eh, Howie???
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FiftyoneFtfty
    I find it creepy that a 51 year old (that looks like the crypt-keeper in black) makes millions asking...'Hey, can we see your boobs' while I make a lousy 32K pushing a gas pedal.
    that's your own damn fault.

as for O&A...big deal. they were an easy hire, they were FIRED, because they were stupid. no contractual obligation to wait out.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Maybe I'm just not juvenile enough to get in to them, but I don't find O&A or Stern funny. I will give Stern credit where it's due, he revolutionized radio and it's content. He also made programmers nervous, which was his allure. That's what made him popular, he went against the norm and anyone after him was just an imposter.

But, now that what he does is the norm, he needs to re-invent himself, Sirius is the way to do it, but I don't see people chucking down 15 bucks a month to hear him. Maybe his die hard fans will, but the common radio listener is most apt to give Diamond Dave a listen and stay loyal to the station, not the man.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

O&A are lame. When they were on in Chicago, I gave them a try but to me, they're like 2 Mancows.....no thanks.

Fuck Jackie, he's a moron for leaving the show. Artie is a lot better IMO.....and his stand up is WAY better than Jackie's crap.

I listen to Stern every morning and it will suck when he's gone, But I really don't think I'll be getting sattelite radio. $13 bucks a month plus buying all the equipment just to hear dick jokes and swear words....Um no.

I know they have a huge variety of stuff on sattelite, but I have enough cds to keep me entertained without paying an additional fee per month. I'm not sure that sattelite radio will be as huge as Howard thinks (hopes) it will.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Meanwhile, listeners this morning heard the beginning of a promised 24 hour segment with Wendy the Retard, a regular caller to the Stern show who is in fact, retarded. The content was clearly unscripted with long periods of dull silence interspersed with the sounds of Wendy playing video games and in-house drum kit while coughing and ad-libbing into the mic.

That's going to make me run to Sirius!!!
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw
    I know they have a huge variety of stuff on sattelite, but I have enough cds to keep me entertained without paying an additional fee per month. I'm not sure that sattelite radio will be as huge as Howard thinks (hopes) it will.
    i'm really diggin' Sirius so far. i've listened to it more in the house than i have in the Jeep. i have yet to listen to any of the talk offerings, i can't seem to get past Hair Nation and Buzzsaw. dabbled in a little New Wave, plus they've got Rolling Stones Radio on till the end of the month or so...i think i've listened to the Stern news maybe an hour tops.

do i think satellite will overrun terrestial? no. is satellite going away? probably not.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Hopefully my Sirius stock starts rising. Some of you might want to look into it yourself. Around $6.50. I bought at $2.36. He has 12 million listeners. So if even a quarter of his followers subscribe to Sirius that is a good thing. Something to think about.
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

once O&A went to XM, it was almost a given that Stern would end up on Sirius...and i wish i woulda bought stock.