Last Online

10.09.12 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Delusions of eloquence

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Note to Bart; you're a good guitar player, but you have no business playing Eruption at a David Lee Roth concert. This time out, tell Dave NO!!!.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thank you Glenn!! He even stated he felt uncomfortable playing it, just Dave wanted him too.
    I am awesome

Bru
    why does he have no business playing eruption? what cause its eddies? guys he isnt staking claim on the solo like its his, he isnt stealing it and someone has to do it live since eddie wont get off his ass. people believe it or not like to hear it like and many artists cover other artists material. i see nothing wrong with that and bart does the solo justice, he does quite a great job of it and covers VH excellent!!!!!!!!

do it up bart!!!! the majority like it and you know it from the cheers in the crowd.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 10:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Something I noticed. The previous announcement: "Great things are on the way" posted on the 17th.

That should show you about how long ago these shows were cooked up.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

"Dance the Night Away"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bru - Bart should not play "Eruption." Dave didn't write lyrics or music for it. There is a difference in doing songs by Van Halen and doing songs by just Eddie Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 01:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Why shouldn't Bart play "Eruption" on the tour? The next thing you know is that you all will be saying Bart copying Eddie is like some other guy wearing cat makeup and pretending he's Peter Criss.

Oh wait...strike that one from the record. That one IS going on. (see Eric Singer in his latest role to find that ONE job that best suits him) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

By the way, my above post is meant in a joking manner. I DON'T think Bart should do it. There are STILL some things that are considered "holy" in my book and "Eruption" done by "the man" is one of them. If Bart wants to showcase his fretwork, he should create something of his own that'll get him some recognition...that ain't a slam on him, either. Bart seems like a cool guy and one with a conscience, too.

Rock on DLR Band! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.28.16 @ 07:40 AM
    Liked 7,732 Times in 3,247 Posts

I'm kind of torn on this one. I guess I see the point that Dave didn't have a hand in that piece of music, but Bart played in a VH cover project and Dave has made it pretty clear that he enjoys playing a lot of VH material live, so I don't see why he shouldn't do it. Plus he plays it pretty damn well and I like Bart.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

07.15.16 @ 04:33 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts

Why shouldn't Bart play Eruption? Yeah, I know he didn't write it, big deal. On the 5150 tour, Van Halen used to close some of their shows with Led Zep's "Rock and Roll." I'm pretty sure that Eddie didn't write that song, but they did it anyway. Besides that, as someone else said, Dave told Bart to play it. I hope Bart does do it, since we won't be hearing Eddie do it live again.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Reason #1 Bart shouldn't be playing Eruption; he said himself that he wasn't comfortable doing so and didn't want to play it.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

09.28.16 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 773 Times in 532 Posts

Premium Member
    I gotta side with the people that don't feel that Walsh should be doing "Eruption". Is there precedence for one guitarist playing another guitarist's signature solo? This isn't the same as Eddie and that bunch playing "Rock And Roll" - that's a song, this is an instrumental that is probably, what, 90% Eddie (and the 10% that isn't is probably all in the first 5-10 seconds).

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

07.15.16 @ 04:33 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts

It doesn't matter if Bart should or should not play Eruption. Bottom line is this; if Dave tells him to play it, more than likely he will. I guess it depends on how bad he wants to tour with Dave or not.

On Fire
    Last Online

06.24.06 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For me, there isn't much difference between Bart playing Eruption, or Gary singing I'm the One. Either way, I'd be disappointed! Sometimes I wonder if Dave had it in the set to prove a point. He obviously knows that no one can play it like Edward, much like Gary or Sammy couldn't match the classic VH sound that Dave added. The bad thing is, Bart probably felt (and looked) like such an ass up there doing such a signature peice. Poor guy...Hammered65 is right. Daves the boss!

Last Online

05.01.12 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I too noticed the previous post on the Bartwalsh web site. May 17 post of a promise of great things to come.

It made me immedietly think of what was going on a few weeks back, and remembered Eddie's golf outing and the pictures of him with his child. That was around May 17 or so...maybe off by a week each way! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for Bart Walsh playing Eruption. Has anyone of you even seen him do this live? If you did, you might understand something. Dave needed to take a break. Thats his little time to run offstage and take a breath. The show is non-stop live in your face and under your naked steaming eyes. By having a little intermission Dave is attempting production; putting on a show. The man is giving you David Lee Roth. So why not play Eruption? The show was not a showcase of Bart Wash's talent. It was also not an attempt to re create a Van Halen show neither. It was David Lee Roth. He was being David Lee Roth.
    Bart Walsh didn't play it to mimic Ed, nor to mock much less as a tribute.
    He just played it, Dave puts his hand out like a gameshow hostess showing a prize.

Does it seem stupid? Does it make you uncomfortable? You bet your ass!
    I agree,kinda made the show seem more like a tribute band than it already seemed.

But I can see why Dave wanted Bart to play that.

I am just very excited at the idea of Dave going on tour again. I really want to go see him live again. Just put aside the differences you have with the man, and forget about the YEARS of hacking over and over and over the Van Halen Saga; step back, let loose, go to the SHOW and scream and yell and get WILD! Show Dave your respect and just ENJOY the show. Don't pick apart the significance (thats for later in life)
    and have ONE fun night. * * * *
    Yes

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

09.28.16 @ 05:27 AM
    Liked 452 Times in 211 Posts

It is a free country,

BUT,

That is Eddie's thing man, not Bart's.

I hope that Dave isn't trying to make the DLR Band some sort of Van Halen tribute band.

I wouldn't expect or really care to hear David Coverdale sing "Stairway to Heaven" back when he toured with Page either.

If Bart is that good, then why doesn't he create HIS OWN signature solo.

If he were in a band and lets say Vince Neil or someone else were the singer and no one that was ever with VH was in the band as well then I wouldn't mind him playing it because it would be more of a tribute than RIP OFF.
    Him playing it with Dave, only makes DLR look like a nostalgia act playing Las Vegas.

[img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.