Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: this is news?

Last Online

08.19.06 @ 09:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this is news?

O.K. this isn't really news, but I'm sittin here watchin adult swim (some show called FLCL) and some kids are talkin about some store. One kid mentions that the store still carries Crystal Pepsi. Another kid doesn't know what that is so the first kid replies "you know the one Van Halen did the commercial for." First, I'll again say it is sad that to me this is knda cool. But on the other hand it is good to see that the band's legacy is still surfacing in such remote places as an obscure japanes anime show. This plus other references I've seen and heard show there is still an undercurrent of enthusiasm about the band. There is a whole new generation out there that will discover the band's music (Ed's guitar playing ultimately) without the stench of the soap opera of despair that plagues those of who have been follwing the band since they started. I have read interviews of newer guitarists (grunge or new metal) that talk about really being into VH (i.e. Lupus Thunder at ultimate-guitar.com or the guitarist from Creed). Even though the band seems to be passing into relative obscurity, the VH legacy will live on. Who knows, maybe we will see a resurgence of guitar rock again (you know, guys who actually are creative rather than using the guitar as a percussive instrument) and be witness to the EVH.

By the way has anybody checked the link to a recent interview w/ Ed with those two dorks in Iowa? Sadly another drunken 20 minute rambling, but interesting. Go to http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=42518

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

On fire, SGMAD
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hmmmm
    "People ask me 'Dave, what's it like to be a rock and roll star?" I tell them 'It's simple: in your mind, line up every woman you've ever been with. Got 'em there? well, I wouldn't fuck any of them.'" - DLR

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.05.11 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

whatever