Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Fogerty an EVH Fan?

Went to the Fogerty & Mellencamp show in Nashville last night. Fogerty hasn't lost a step. I was highly impressed when he did a guitar solo between two songs, and he started tapping and turned a few heads...I was even more impressed that he did it on an Axis. Even though it's a post EVH model...you still know who designed it...so I took it, in a round about way, as a tribute...to EVH. Probably not, but maybe.

Great show, check it out if you dig his stuff.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Currently: 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Currently: Panama
    Last Online

05.30.17 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I was thinking of getting some tix to see them in South Tahoe. It's only a 45 minute drive from my house. Do they ever take the stage together?
    Thunder Mountain Brewing Company
    Owner and Brewmaster

Bottled: 2010 Imperial Bastard Stout (9.5% ABV)
    Bottled: 2011 Thunder Mountain Pale Ale (5.5% ABV)
    Fermenting: 2011 Thunder Mountain Irrish Ale (4.9% ABV)

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music. As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool." -Eddie Van Halen, 1996

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blount5150

setlist?????????

Last Online

07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mellencamp and Fogerty didn't take stage together last night...I don't know about the rest of the tour

I didn't take a setlist for either, but the keep them on johnfogerty.com

Mellencamp, the best I can remember was small town, paper and fire, blood on the scarecrow, pink houses, hurts so good, cherry bomb, jack and diane, ain't even done with the night, crumblin' down, all the hits...except for "check it out".

Favorite VH Album

Can't Decide
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To Choose From
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Went to the Fogerty & Mellencamp show in Nashville last night. Fogerty hasn't lost a step. I was highly impressed when he did a guitar solo between two songs, and he started tapping and turned a few heads...I was even more impressed that he did it on an Axis. Even though it's a post EVH model...you still know who designed it...so I took it, in a round about way, as a tribute...to EVH. Probably not, but maybe.

I saw them a few weeks when I was back in Chi-town @ Tweeter in Tinley Park, IL. Amazing show!!! Fogerty did the tapping intro on Keep on Chooglin' with the whammy bar dive bomb - very EVHish.

Yes, I found it interesting, he choose to use an Axis. Btw, there is some tapping/left hand hammer-on/pick slide Stuff on Creedence albums - Pagan Baby, Sweet Hitchhiker, etc.

Favorite VH Album

Can't Decide
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To Choose From
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evans5150
    I was thinking of getting some tix to see them in South Tahoe. It's only a 45 minute drive from my house. Do they ever take the stage together?

Yes, Fogerty played with the Coug during his set. They jammed on Green River and a Coug song - I forgot which one!

Oh, and I could have swore I saw original Creedence bassist Stu Cooke, assume bass chores for the night. Damn, that's half of Creedence right there! Too bad Cosmo wasn't there, though.

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I saw them in Chicago and Fogerty did the same thing with the guitar and the tapping. It was cool and he really pulled it off. By the way, Fogerty puts on a hell of a show and his guitar work was spot on all night - very impressive.

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:54 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

Mellencamp and Fogerty didn't take stage together last night...I don't know about the rest of the tour

I didn't take a setlist for either, but the keep them on johnfogerty.com

Mellencamp, the best I can remember was small town, paper and fire, blood on the scarecrow, pink houses, hurts so good, cherry bomb, jack and diane, ain't even done with the night, crumblin' down, all the hits...except for "check it out".
    I have a friend who saw them in Va Beach, he said they did a couple of songs together:

Green River (w/ John Fogerty)
    Rain on the Scarecrow (w/ John Fogerty)

He had a rave review for the show, but said that overall, Fogerty's performance was better than Mellencamp.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.05.16 @ 08:47 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Keep on Chooglin'- The Official John Fogerty Thread

Some of you may have heard that John has re-signed with Fantasy Records after they changed ownership, which now reunites him with his classic CCR stuff, which is only right. As far as there being a CCR reunion, I would not hold your breath for that one, John and his old rhythm section may still pretty much hate each other, so that is not looking good. On Nov. 1 he is releasing an anthology of his entire career, which now he can do with him signing with his old label. I am looking forward to that release, Fogerty is one of the greatest songwriters that rock n' roll has ever seen, he is right up there with his greatest of peers. Seen him in concert about 8 years ago and seeing him on TV a few times recently, and the man brings it with joy to spare.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Isn't one of the CCR members dead?

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Tom Fogerty died back in 1990 I believe, but CCR did carry on without him the last year or so of their existence. Obviously, if they were to tour, they bring a rhythm guitarist or two with them to make the sound complete. This is one of them tours like the original VH line-up that will probably never happen. It would be something if they decide to let bygones be bygones and get back together, in my book CCR was probably the most unheralded rock bands ever because every other band of their era gets brought up before Creedence does, but their songlist is comparable to the Stones and Petty or whover else band there is. Maybe because John Fogerty is such the major talent of that band that most people seem to skip over them. Shameful.

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts

Donor

Creed ence Clearwater Revisited=Van Hagar

Chasin' down a hoodoo there...well well well....I put a spell on you...cause your mine...well, Suzi Q...Tombstone Shadow....The Old Man(Ol' Scratch) is down the road...In them ol' cottonfields back home...when I was a little bitty boy my mama would rock me in the cradle in dem ol' cottonfields back home...when dem cotton balls get rotten you cain't pick very much cotten...well, yonda come Miss Rosie how how how how in the whirl didja kno...I cain tell by her apron an' the funky dress that she wore...umber ella on he shoulllllda, piece a paapa in her haind...I heard her tell the captain, turn loose my main...Well Hello Mary Lou, goodbye heart...People say believe half of what you see, son, and none of what you hear...Good Golly Miss Molly...
    Last edited by Blind Lemon Loons; 10.11.05 at 08:17 PM. Reason: My baby left me
    ASHES TO ASHES...DUST TO DUST...IF THE WOMEN DON'T GET YA, THE WHISKEY MUST!!...

"I used to play the blues alone in all the local joints," he explained. 'The only thing that I can really play on guitar to this day is the blues. I heard Doc Watson and his son playing 15 years ago, and from there I got into Leadbelly and John Lee Hooker."--DLR

If you pay attention -- what I sing, the guitar sings, too, and what the guitar says, I say.--Mississippi Fred McDowell

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Yo Blind Lemon, no need to turn this into the umpteen trillionth Dave vs. Sammy thread, I agree with your assessment of Creedence Clearwater Revisited being a total joke and a waste of time, but for fuck sake that is just the old rhythm section of CCR, where as Van Hagar is 3 quarters of the original band with a different type singer/personality fronting it. That would be like if Mikey and Alex went out as a band and tried to fill arenas all the while Eddie was doing something else. Besides, the only reason people do go see Creedence Clearwater Revisited is the songlist only, but what a songlist though. However, that songlist is best sung by John C. Fogerty himself.

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts

Donor

LOL...too bad both bands won't re-unite and tour...you forgot the Creed reference I made,too(as in Creed is a Pearl Jam wanna-be band and Van Hagar is a Van Halen wanna-be band)
    Last edited by Blind Lemon Loons; 10.12.05 at 07:31 PM.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hey y'all, check it out, go to Melodic Rock and you can download two new John Fogerty songs for your enjoyment, the new album comes out on the 2nd of October( John Fogerty and Bruce Springsteen on the same day???? Damn!!!!) They are awesome songs, further proving the importance of John Fogerty to rock and roll. Thanks Andrew, for all you do!