Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

09.28.16 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Do you guys think that if the boys announce that there is nothing past this HUGE fucking tour, that it will cause it to be even bigger than it would? Because people, (even the casual fan), would realize that they couldn't "get this stuff no more"? I dunno, it was a long ride back from the Cape this Thanksgiving.

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I can't imagine them officially saying that any project would be the last one, even if they believed it to be true.

I think anyone who knows VH's history even vaguely has to be aware that with their ages and the past volatility, any day could be the final day. That being said, I think this tour (if it happens, and I believe it will) will be huge no matter what. They could come out with the lamest album of all time and still do amazing business on the road.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.28.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 21 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    I can't imagine them officially saying that any project would be the last one, even if they believed it to be true.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Glenn, however I do think the question will be asked by the media and my guess is we will get the baby steps answer again.

I would be shocked if they do two tours with Roth. I can see them doing more albums but not more world wide tours, maybe some small tours.

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OLO:
    I agree with Glenn, however I do think the question will be asked by the media and my guess is we will get the baby steps answer again.

I would be shocked if they do two tours with Roth. I can see them doing more albums but not more world wide tours, maybe some small tours.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But good oldies do rock pretty well, look at the rolling stones for instance, i don't mind if VH will do the same thing, make say a studio album evry year and then make a small world tour after every second album, i pesonally think that would be nice.

See Yaa

Diamond Mafia

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

09.28.16 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I guess what I meant was if they came out and said this is a one-time thing with Dave, and that they're still looking for a permanent singer, etc. Something like that. Do you think it would make the tour more popular.

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EUX4Life:
    I guess what I meant was if they came out and said this is a one-time thing with Dave, and that they're still looking for a permanent singer, etc.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think Van Halen fans are looking for a commitment. Not necessarily a permanent one, but at least a current one. I would hate to see them saying "we're working with Dave, but we're still looking for another singer". If they want people to shell out $50 (or probably more) for a tour, they need to make people feel like it's not just a temporary money grab or a way to fulfill a contract. I don't ever want the marquee to say "Van Halen with David Lee Roth". I want a band; a commitment, even if it obviously isn't going to last forever.

I think Van Halen badly needs to come out like a four headed monster with a commitment to burn the world down and ask questions later.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 10:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, I always have to chuckle at people who say things like, "At their age they won't be around much longer."

Hell, you act like being 50something is one foot in the grave. Yeah, okay, it's old compared to us, but it's not really OLD.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"old people on a rock n roll is kind of pathetic" quote from GRACE SLICK.

i don't think VH is close to that.

reunions usually don't last. this one will last past one album and one tour.

i've come to the relization that without DAVE VH is done as a band.

there not going to put out albums without touring(although i wish they would).

i think ED and AL will do soundtrack work. mike will do guest spots and DAVE will continue to make solo records.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 10:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Glenn........I don't think they could make an album any more lame than VHIII.........

------------------
    Where the possessed go to mingle........
    Don't sweat the petty things in life, just pet the sweaty things........