Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

nothing new here . but good reading about randi.
    Last edited by lal5150; 10.09.05 at 07:08 AM.

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 02:44 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Wanna know about Randy?

Just go here: http://www.randyrhoads.tk/

Endorsed by the Rhoads family, and Kevin DuBrow posts there too.

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Steven B
    Wanna know about Randy?

Just go here: http://www.randyrhoads.tk/

Endorsed by the Rhoads family, and Kevin DuBrow posts there too.
    Excellent site about Randy.

Favorite VH Album

II
    Last Online

05.18.16 @ 10:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    Excellent site about Randy.
    Doesn't seem to work for me. Is this one still workig for anybody else?

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Worked for me.

Many thanks for remembering the late great Randy Rhoads.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 1,962 Times in 1,362 Posts

Default Randy Rhoads 25th Anv 3/19/82 RIP

I find it pretty hard to believe that he died 25 years ago. I was pretty young, but I remember it making the news. Those 2 albums (Blizzard & DOAM)were some great guitar work. The Live material from that period was great as well.

TON of pics: http://www.randy-rhoads.com/plogger/...level=album&id =8

SOME mp3s to listen to today, Some of the best Ozzy/Randy LIVE shows from 81-82:

http://eternalrandyrhoads.com/82_01_22/upgrade/
    http://eternalrandyrhoads.com/81_07_28/
    http://eternalrandyrhoads.com/81_05_11/
    http://eternalrandyrhoads.com/82_01_15/
    http://www.eternalrandyrhoads.com/audio.html

Also a TON of LOSSLESS recordings at www.dimeadozen.org

Anyways it looks like there will be a NEW documentary filmed about RR. They start shooting at the RR gravesite in San Bernardino. Looks like quite a big event is planned on 3/19/07 for the 25th Anv.

Also for the Bootleg collecters it is possible that the film company have made some contacts for unreleased RR footage. Possible rumor of a complete Pro-shot show from the 82 DOAM tour.

some more info:

With the blessings of the Rhoads family, Dakota Pictures and Director Peter Margolis will begin filming the Randy Rhoads Untitled Documentary on March 19, 2007 at the Mountain View Cemetery in San Bernardino, CA between 10am and 4pm. In hopes to fully capture the significance of the 25th Anniversary of Randy’s passing, we will be interviewing as many of Randy’s fans as possible. We encourage all of you to join us in celebration of the life of Randy Rhoads at Randy’s final resting place.

We will be combining interviews with those closest to Randy who have never spoken publicly before along with thousands of rare photographs and videos from private collections. The filming will continue throughout this year and more information will be available in the near future.

For up to date information, please visit www.randyrhoadsfilm.com & www.myspace.com/randyrhoadsfilm (please note that these sites are still under construction and content is not complete)

Thanks for the support!

A.J. DiAntonio
    Producer
    Dakota Pictures
    The Untitled Randy Rhoads Documentary

FROM the Director:

The production company is Dakota Films.
    Thusfar they have paid for everything.
    We are in the process of negotiating a deal with a publicly traded company to provide additional financing.
    I would rather not disclose the person who opted not to participate.
    It will be very obvious when the films is completed who that is.
    Let's not discuss this one any further because I enjoyed speaking with them on the phone and through e-mail and respect their privacy.
    The Osbournes have yet to be contacted.
    It is difficult at this point to hope for a specific release date.
    I anticipate that all of the prinicipal photograpy will be completed by the end of 2007.

We have many people to interview so we are trying to line them up as quickly as possible. We are also traveling out of state for many of the interviews.
    I suspect the post production will be fairly labor intensive and clearing all of the music will be quite a task as well.
    I would hope for a 2008 release but it is too early to make any promises.
    Thank you for your question and comments.
    I look forward to meeting everyone who will be in San Bernardino on the 19th.
    Peter Margolis

A few good RR message boards:

www.randyrhoads.tk
    www.ultimaterhoads.com

Last Online

12.09.17 @ 06:02 PM
    Liked 720 Times in 290 Posts

Excellent, Thanks for the post. Randy is and always will be my favorite guitar player... It's a shame there's not more available to listen to... "Diary" is a phenominal album of guitar playing, and the production is 100 times better than "Blizzard".

RIP Randy....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.27.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts

Donor

Randy Rhoads ~ Soundcheck (Fair Park Arena / Beaumont, Texas 2/18/82)

. . . . .
    "The eagle lands at midnight: bacon burger ice cube over" ~ jetguy5150

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If there is indeed a pro shot Diary tour concert in releasable condition somewhere, you can bet either Sharon Osbourne will scuttle plans for it's release by asking for way to big of a cut of the profits or the rights are in limbo because they were contracted to Jet Records which was long ago absorbed into Sony.

I've always heard that no Diary tour was pro filmed with Rhoads because the long range plan was to film the Irvine show well into the tour which they did, but Randy had already died and Brad Gillis was in his spot.

T.B.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

This is great to hear! I'm glad somebody's doing something to acknowledge this tremendously gifted guitarist whose time here was much too short.

I saw him during his last tour with Ozzy right before the accident and it's something I'll never forget. The sounds coming from that guitar of his were amazing.

RIP.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.27.16 @ 07:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I just wanted to share a personal experience I had as a kid that inspired me and further proclaimed a love for music I have to this day!

I will never forget seeing Randy Rhoads along with Ozzy during the Blizzard of Ozz tour that rolled through Buffalo New York in May of 1981. I was just a teenager and thankfully had a cousin who loved Ozzy for his days in Black Sabbath. He took me to this concert at Shea's Theater, and for those who have never been to a concert there, it is an intimate place with amazing acoustics! I saw U2 perform there as well and I remember the balcony was shaking so much I thought it would collapse. Anyway, about seeing this concert, it's obviously difficult to remember most of that time but what I do remember most is the way Randy could play with so much feeling and the great tone he had that would ring through the threatre and you knew this was going to be one special guitar player! There are only a handful of guitar players that can light up any room and besides seeing Stevie Ray Vaughan (one of the most mind-blowing experiences EVER!) this kid had a gift that was taken away far too young! Like I said, I was very young when I saw this performance but you never forget those magical moments in a concert and this was one of them. I didn't really know too much about them then, but Motorhead opened and all I remember from it was plugging my ears throughout most of their set, lol.

I was looking forward to seeing Randy perform again during the 'Diary of a Madman' tour but he died in March and they were coming to Buffalo in April. I'll never forget the news on the radio and actually have that recorded on cassette. I really thought Ozzy would cancel the rest of the tour! I saw the tour regardless in both Buffalo and Toronto and Brad Gillis filled in nice and if anything Randy's tragic death inspired Ozzy to continue and honor the gifted guitar player that changed his life forever.

Rest in Peace Randy, where have 25 years gone?

Randy, you will never be forgotten! It was a privilege to have seen you preform, thank you!
    Bono Vox: Poetic, Political, extremely generous and just a tiny bit egomaniacal.

"You know twenty-five years ago, Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen"-David Lee Roth

"Will there be a Van Halen reunion? I have hope and faith, and thats more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque -David Lee Roth

"This band is three quarters original, one quarter inevitable" -David Lee Roth~2007

"We had a lot of fun on the tour Dave was a blast. And next time we go out, were going to have some new stuff, too. Im looking forward to getting on it. Ive got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff Actually, next week or the week after, Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe well give Dave a call and see what hes up to. - Edward Van Halen ~ 2009

~Congratulations to 2009 World Series Champions the New York Yankees~

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

I can't believe it's been 25 years! Watching Randy and Rudy together was something I'll never forget. Oh yeah, and Ozzy of course.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 1,962 Times in 1,362 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bono Vox View Post
    I just wanted to share a personal experience I had as a kid that inspired me and further proclaimed a love for music I have to this day!

I will never forget seeing Randy Rhoads along with Ozzy during the Blizzard of Ozz tour that rolled through Buffalo New York in May of 1981. I was just a teenager and thankfully had a cousin who loved Ozzy for his days in Black Sabbath. He took me to this concert at Shea's Theater, and for those who have never been to a concert there, it is an intimate place with amazing acoustics! I saw U2 perform there as well and I remember the balcony was shaking so much I thought it would collapse. Anyway, about seeing this concert, it's obviously difficult to remember most of that time but what I do remember most is the way Randy could play with so much feeling and the great tone he had that would ring through the threatre and you knew this was going to be one special guitar player! There are only a handful of guitar players that can light up any room and besides seeing Stevie Ray Vaughan (one of the most mind-blowing experiences EVER!) this kid had a gift that was taken away far too young! Like I said, I was very young when I saw this performance but you never forget those magical moments in a concert and this was one of them. I didn't really know too much about them then, but Motorhead opened and all I remember from it was plugging my ears throughout most of their set, lol.

I was looking forward to seeing Randy perform again during the 'Diary of a Madman' tour but he died in March and they were coming to Buffalo in April. I'll never forget the news on the radio and actually have that recorded on cassette. I really thought Ozzy would cancel the rest of the tour! I saw the tour regardless in both Buffalo and Toronto and Brad Gillis filled in nice and if anything Randy's tragic death inspired Ozzy to continue and honor the gifted guitar player that changed his life forever.

Rest in Peace Randy, where have 25 years gone?

Randy, you will never be forgotten! It was a privilege to have seen you preform, thank you!
    BonoV........Wow, great story.

Here is the Aud recording from the Buffalo show you went to on 5/6/81. Rough recording but still something you might want. http://eternalrandyrhoads.com/81_05_06/

Just a few years to young myself. Couldn't get my parents to let me go. They played several shows in NorCal during the July & Dec 1981. Thankfully I got tapes of the shows in later years. Randy's playing is just out of this world during the LIVE shows. I especially liked his playing on the early 1980 European Tour, just so Raw and Explosive. The Summer 81 shows are great as well. Not a big of fan of the DOAM shows when the damn keyboard player would overpower Randy's guitar sound. DAMN Don Airey, LOL!!!
    Last edited by atomicpunk5151; 03.19.07 at 02:05 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 07:21 PM
    Liked 181 Times in 82 Posts

Donor

25 years man it really just does not feel that long ago.

In respect to an absolute gifted guitar player, I really should play the 2 Ozzy records and 1 Quiet Riot record I have of Randys playing.

RIP Randy Roads ... Sorely missed but remembered with these recordings.