Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Default The Official Blind Melon Thread

Ok so tonight I went to the music store with my 7 year old son to pick out a show to watch. He has seen all the VH dvd's and AIC, Korn, God Smack, Mad Season so I figured I would show him something a little different. I last saw Blind Melon In late Sept. 1995 at Toads Place in new Haven, ct and it was awesome. The DVD I bought was recorded Sept 12 1995 about a month before Shannon Hoon died of a drug overdose. I know there are people out there who feel no remorse for people who DIE of O.D.s but his death like Layne Staleys was tragic. Anyway this DVD is awesome. If you are a fan of music this is a must have.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

2 hit wonders who because of axel rose's friendship they got a record deal. never liked them.

Hot For Teacher Eddie's Little Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

05.25.07 @ 05:14 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I love that first album. Those guys had a future. The way that the 2 guitar players guitar lines meshed perfectly was awesome. I challange anyone to listen to that album start to finish and not be somewhat impressed by the guitar playing. And they mixed it one guitar right and one guitar left so, you can pan back and forth and listen to the distinct parts. I saw them in Phoenix about a week before Shannon Hoon Died and they put on an awesome show. People tend to discredit them because they didn't like Shannon Hoons' voice and of the whole bee girl thing but they were really talented.

Too bad.
    Last edited by Eddie's Little Monster; 10.08.05 at 10:16 PM.
    now more than ever, the world needs Eddie Van Halen
    -Alchemy

Last Online

03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

I saw their show 2-3 weeks before he died and it was solid. Axl friendship aside I thought they had a future in music, more so than the other crap bands from that era.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

I never really got into blind melon, but I do like "No Rain" which is the only one I like of theirs
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I love Blind Melon. One of my favorite bands to listen to when I'm down. Shannon had one of those damaged, pained, off key styles just like Neil Young. And great lyrics about personal damage.

Favorite songs on the debut are Tones of Home, I Wonder, Change, Sleepyhouse and Drive.

"What do you think they would say
    if I stood up, and I walked away?"

Soup is just an amazing album. Great songs from top to bottom. The last four songs are particularily great; St. Andrews Fall, New Life, Mouthful of Cavaties and Lemonade. Lemonade is probably the best song on the album, with my favorite lyrics. "Hello Mr. Uppercut, how nice to have avoided you!"

The song 'Soup' should have been on there, thankfully it made it onto the Nico album, because it's too good a song to have been lost. "You gotta do your best to decorate this dying day"! Great lyric.

Soul One, Life Ain't So Shitty, All That I Need. Nico is an interesting end to the band.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Default Blind Melon Recording Album With New Singer

from www.billboard.com:

October 20, 2006, 2:45 PM ET

Greg Prato, N.Y.

It's been exactly 11 years since the death of singer Shannon Hoon effectively put an end to Blind Melon. But now, the group's surviving members -- guitarists Christopher Thorn and Rogers Stevens, bassist Brad Smith and drummer Glen Graham -- are back together again under the Blind Melon banner, with a new singer, 25-year-old Amarillo, Texas, native Travis Warren.

Warren met Smith and Thorn through a mutual friend and was initially interested in having the pair help produce his own music. Then, a joke email from Smith to Stevens got the ball rolling towards getting back together last summer. "Brad wrote a fake press release and sent it to me -- it was saying how we were back together and how Travis had brought us together," Stevens says. "It was the first I'd heard of it. I called Brad and I was like, 'What do you mean? You got the band back together without me?'"

Soon after, Warren and the four Melons congregated in the studio. "We decided to get into a room and play -- we thought it would be fun," Stevens says. "I was really skeptical in the beginning about doing anything, and none of us are into doing any kind of 'nostalgia trip.' We started playing, and I knew within the first half of a song that [Warren] was nailing it. It was something about the way he did it that it immediately disarmed my skepticism."

The group then took a break to collaborate on songs via e-mail, and recently got back together for another round of jamming, which confirmed that Blind Melon was back in business. "We started writing and recording, and we've got three new songs that we're excited about," says Stevens, revealing their titles as "Make a Difference," "Harmful Belly" and "For My Friends."

"His voice is in that sort of higher register that Shannon's voice was in, but he doesn't sound like him," Stevens promises. "There are certain similarities, just because he's in that range, but on the stuff that we're doing, his phrasing and whatnot is different than Shannon's. On the old songs, he can sing them really well. They are different, but he definitely was influenced by Shannon."

The group plans to have a new record finished early next year and hit the road afterward. Currently, a label is not in place. "I don't know what's going to happen -- we don't have anything right now," Stevens says. "We haven't talked to anybody about it. People are calling, but we don't know what's going to happen. These days, it's wide open."

Despite such a long layoff (their last all-new studio recording was 1995's "Soup"), Stevens says that the group is picking up right where it left off musically. "I feel like I'm back where I belong with these guys," he enthuses.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

I liked "No Rain," but that was it.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Travis Warren.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=48385346

Blind Melon in shock comeback

Eleven years after the tragic death of frontman Shannon Hoon, early 90s outfit Blind Melon are working with a new singer on fresh material.

The group who shot to fame following the famous dancing bumblebee film clip for "No Rain" saw their career ground to a halt after Hoon's death from a cocaine overdose in 1995. But they've recently unveiled a new singer, 25-year-old Texan Travis Warren.

Guitarists Christopher Thorn and Rogers Stevens, bassist Brad Smith and drummer Glen Graham are currently planning a third album and US tour.
    "I was really sceptical in the beginning about doing anything, and none of us are into doing any kind of nostalgia trip," Stevens said. "We started playing, and I knew within the first half of a song that [Warren] was nailing it. It was something about the way he did it that immediately disarmed my scepticism."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

01.25.09 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think that it might be a good show
    "I'm late to everything. I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half hour late and says on the side, like in gold, 'Sorry I'm Late'." - Axl Rose

Can You Feel It, See It, Hear It Today
    If You Can't, Then It Doesn't Matter Anyway

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Default Blind Melon Preps First Studio Set Since '95

from www.billboard.com:

January 22, 2008, 10:45 AM ET

Greg Prato, N.Y.

The recently reborn Blind Melon will release its first studio album in 13 years this spring. "For My Friends" is due April 22 via Adrenaline and introduces new singer Travis Warren as a replacement for late frontman Shannon Hoon, who died in 1995.

Warren joins original members Rogers Stevens (guitar), Christopher Thorn (guitar), Brad Smith (bass) and Glen Graham (drums). "This record's a great rock'n'roll record," Warren tells Billboard.com "It's kind of like [1995's] 'Soup' -- the more you listen to it, the more it grows on you."

The frontman says the title track "has got a special place in my heart" since it "was the first that we worked on together." Stevens sent him the song at 9 or 10 p.m. ET, and upon first listen, Warren "heard a melody for it, threw it on ProTools and literally wrote the lyrics right there. Recorded it, and when Rogers woke up the next morning; I had sent the song back to him with vocals on it."

Without eschewing familiar Blind Melon sounds, the album ventures off on tracks like "Sometimes," according to Warren. "We definitely want to experiment and do different things with music," he says. "Hopefully with the [next] record, it'll go completely left field from where this record took off."

The album's first single will be the track "Wishing Well," and a U.S. tour in support will begin Feb. 28.

Also in the works is a book that will focus on the Hoon era of Blind Melon, tentatively titled "Caramel Cake Covered Christmas: The Story of Shannon Hoon and Blind Melon." Updates about the book will be included on the group's official Web site.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

This should be a pretty cool tour. They will be in CT in February at a small club in Hartford. I used to love going to see these guys. Looking forward to it.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    This should be a pretty cool tour. They will be in CT in February at a small club in Hartford. I used to love going to see these guys. Looking forward to it.
    The Webster?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

blind melon was a phenomenal group....i'll give this version a shot...