dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default new book about clinton

WASHINGTON - Louis Freeh, the FBI director appointed by President Clinton, says his relationship with his boss fell apart because Clinton's "closets were full of skeletons."

Clinton's spokesman said Freeh's account was "a total work of fiction."

Freeh's relationship with Clinton soured due to friction over investigations aimed at the president or his immediate circle, and disagreement over the probe into a 1996 bombing in Saudi Arabia that killed 19 Americans.

In the past, Freeh has strongly criticized the Clinton administration's response to the bombing of Khobar Towers, and has praised President Bush.

In his upcoming book, "My FBI," Freeh says Clinton failed to pressure Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah to let the FBI question suspects the kingdom had in custody.

" Bill Clinton raised the subject only to tell the crown prince that he understood the Saudis' reluctance to cooperate and then he hit Abdullah up for a contribution to the Clinton library," Freeh writes.

Jay Carson, Clinton's spokesman, said Freeh "wasn't even present for the meetings he describes. President Clinton repeatedly pressed the Saudis for cooperation on the Khobar Towers investigation and his pressure led to the eventual indictments."

Carson said Freeh's claims about the library "are more untruths in a book that clearly has many."

Freeh discussed the bad blood with Clinton in an interview to be aired Sunday on CBS' "60 Minutes."

"We were preoccupied in eight years with multiple investigations," Freeh said in the interview, according to excerpts released Thursday.

In the book, according to CBS, Freeh writes: "The problem was with Bill Clinton — the scandals and the rumored scandals, the incubating ones and the dying ones never ended. Whatever moral compass the president was consulting was leading him in the wrong direction. His closets were full of skeletons just waiting to burst out."

Freeh bemoans having to send FBI medical technicians to draw blood for a DNA sample in the investigation into Clinton's relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

"It was like a bad movie and it was ridiculous," Freeh said.

Carson said Freeh's book was "a total work of fiction written by a man who's desperate to clear his name and sell books."
    Last edited by billy007; 10.07.05 at 05:42 AM.

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Not very surprising. Clinton was as humorous of a President as Bush is. The only difference was that Clinton was humorous because he was a pussy chaser with a mild interest in the country and no military sense, while Bush is humorous because he can't seem to speak clear, think clear, or do anything remotely intelligent without his advisors writing it for him first...and he appears to fuck that up too.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    Not very surprising. Clinton was as humorous of a President as Bush is. The only difference was that Clinton was humorous because he was a pussy chaser with a mild interest in the country and no military sense, while Bush is humorous because he can't seem to speak clear, think clear, or do anything remotely intelligent without his advisors writing it for him first...and he appears to fuck that up too.
    Amen to that. I saw a clip of Bush, not sure when it was shot, and he was asked about Native American tribal sovernigty (sp?). Basically, its the right of a tribe to govern itself w/o any outside interference. Bush sounded like Madden up there repeating the words over and over, saying it was a good thing, and things along those lines.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Favorite VH Album

Dave - WACF, Sam - FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Dream is Over
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 09:23 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by csm5150
    Bush sounded like Madden up there repeating the words over and over, saying it was a good thing, and things along those lines.
    "And then the white men came over, and BOOM!"
    If it's BROWN, flush it DOWN.

GO STEELERS!

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Clinton a scumbag? Now, that's just crazy talk!!!
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Hot For Teacher Eddie's Little Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

05.25.07 @ 05:14 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Say what you will about Clinton's moral character. It was flawed to say the least, but at least he gave two shits about the people of this country. I find it hard to take a man like Freeh seriously when he was the man in charge leading up to 9/11. While Clinton does indeed bear some of that weight, It has been said (by Freeh's own admission) that the FBI was incompitent in the years leading up to 9/11. It's very easy for him to point a finger at Bill Clinton and say it was all his fault, but lets face it, He is just as responsible for that disaster as Clinton was, and as both Bush Administrations were. I also find it humorous that Freeh has the gaul to slam Clinton for being chummy with the Saudi Royal Family. when we all know the extent of relationship the Bush family has with them. I'm Sure that Bush Sr. & Jr. Never asked the Saudis for anything "trivial" when there more important matters at hand. All in all it seems very hypocritical for Freeh to write this book. And I only say all of this because I've heard (obviously haven't read it yet) that Freeh is Very supportive of the Bush Administration in the book.

http://www.nationalreview.com/commen...ling101702.asp
    now more than ever, the world needs Eddie Van Halen
    -Alchemy

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Little Monster
    Say what you will about Clinton's moral character. It was flawed to say the least, but at least he gave two shits about the people of this country. I find it hard to take a man like Freeh seriously when he was the man in charge leading up to 9/11. While Clinton does indeed bear some of that weight, It has been said (by Freeh's own admission) that the FBI was incompitent in the years leading up to 9/11. It's very easy for him to point a finger at Bill Clinton and say it was all his fault, but lets face it, He is just as responsible for that disaster as Clinton was, and as both Bush Administrations were. I also find it humorous that Freeh has the gaul to slam Clinton for being chummy with the Saudi Royal Family. when we all know the extent of relationship the Bush family has with them. I'm Sure that Bush Sr. & Jr. Never asked the Saudis for anything "trivial" when there more important matters at hand. All in all it seems very hypocritical for Freeh to write this book. And I only say all of this because I've heard (obviously haven't read it yet) that Freeh is Very supportive of the Bush Administration in the book.

He cared about one person, himself- not Hilary, Chelsea, us- otherwise he would not have cheated, and fallen sleep at the wheel for 8 years- false accounting, fraud, corruption, all part of the so-called roaring economy that he simply ignored. and the forming of Al-Queda, not caring enough to stop terrorists even after we were attacked a number of times here and abroad. Not caring enought to even come by and look at the WTC in the aftermath of the bombing- he had better things to do- give a speech in NJ about his economic agenda to some lobbyists. And just a mention (one sentence) about the bombing in his weekly radio address. He cares alright, about his own image- his spent two terms obessing about it.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Little Monster

Explain to me -in detail - how the FBI works. Then relate that to Freeh and his "failure".

Then for fun, explain to me how a President gets re-elected WITHOUT sucking up to big oil.

This should be good.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    Explain to me -in detail - how the FBI works. Then relate that to Freeh and his "failure".

Then for fun, explain to me how a President gets re-elected WITHOUT sucking up to big oil.

This should be good.
    Look, I am not some big Clinton defender here. All I am saying is that If Freeh is going to start pointing fingers, He needs to point them in all directions including himself. I know Bill Clinton was flawed as a president. But I also know that Bush Sr. and Jr. are flawed as well. Our Problems in the middle east go way back to before Clinton's time in office and falls on the shoulders of Regan, Bush Sr. CLINTON AND W. I SAID THAT IN MY ORIGINAL POST FREEH NEEDS TO SHARE BLAME WITH CLINTON AND BUSH. FUCKING READ.

THE FBI IS ONE OF THE AGENCIES THAT IS CHARGED WITH OUR NATIONS SAFETY. AFTER 9/11 HAPPENES, NO ONE IS FIRED? EXPLAIN THAT ONE TO ME. I DONT CARE WHO WAS IN CHARGE. FREEH IS JUST AS RESPONSIBLE AS ANYONE ELSE. THATS ALL I AM SAYING. READ THE FUCKING LINK I PUT IN MY ORIGINAL POST. SEEMS LIKE A GUY WHO REALLY GAVE A DAMN ABOUT TERRORISM TO ME.
    -Alchemy

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The FBI guy who was in charge of counter-terrorism died in the South Tower of the WTC on 9/11/2001. He retired early from the FBI because he couldn't get along with other key elements of the National Security machine, namely ALEC Station, the CIA's special unit tasked with watching Al Qaeda. The head of ALEC Station resigned from CIA a few years back.

The Clinton Admin had created an advisarial situation between the FBI and the CIA. AG Reno had the FBI investigating the CIA over a variety of allegations, careers were ruined and enemies were made. THEN it turns out that the main counter-intelligence guy for the FBI had been a mole for the KGB for almost 20 years, to then the FBI had to clean house and the CIA had to wonder how many secrets ended up in foriegn hands thanks to the FBI and their KGB mole.

Prior to that there was Waco. Following that cluster-fuck, the house and Senate held hearings. Good agents were fired, the shitbirds got promoted. This was at the hands of the GOP and their actions damaged the FBI, the nation's national security was put in jepardy over petty politics.

So who's to blame for 9/11? The American people and Al Qaeda.

We get the government we deserve, we send assclowns to Washington based almost solely on their position on abortion, never asking if they understand how to balance a checkbook or can find Guatamala on a map. Those dipshits are elected, that means that you and I aren't doing our jobs and worse we are letting our country be hijacked by a minority issue. It's the same as if we elected our representatives based on how they wipe their ass, font to back? Back to front? It's that stupid.

Nobody's been fired? Why should anybody be fired? What would it solve?

Everybody involved did their jobs, the problem was the system and that darned Constitution with it's "Civil Rights". FBI agents couldn't take their investigation to the next step, their supervisors wouldn't risk the Civil Rights lawsuit that would certainly ensue if their field agents harrassed an Arab national, you know - Racial Profiling? The FBI couldn't tap multiple phones with a single court order, the had to get one for each line. Even if all of the 19 hijackers had been arrested they would have walked, maybe expelled from the country but the attacks would have happened anyway at a later date.
    Then there was the barrier that forbade the CIA from investigating inside the U.S., the FBI and CIA didn't play nice so the FBI wouldn't show the CIA their goodies and visa versa.

Hell, just yesterday the Senate passed an ammendmant that forbids "Aggresive treatment" of terror suspect in US custody. They are already handicapping intelligence gathering AGAIN, the same kind of chickenshit crap that lead to the first two attacks on the WTC.

Firing some FBI and CIA agents will only make stupid people feel better, these will be the same people who will be bitching after the next attack. Oh and there will be another attack, count on it. Which brings me to my final point, Al Qaeda has all of the advantages, they can hit us anywhere at any time and even if we lived under martial law, they would still pull off a successful strike. Since we don't live in a police state, their job is that much easier.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    The FBI guy who was in charge of counter-terrorism died in the South Tower of the WTC on 9/11/2001. He retired early from the FBI because he couldn't get along with other key elements of the National Security machine, namely ALEC Station, the CIA's special unit tasked with watching Al Qaeda. The head of ALEC Station resigned from CIA a few years back.

The Clinton Admin had created an advisarial situation between the FBI and the CIA. AG Reno had the FBI investigating the CIA over a variety of allegations, careers were ruined and enemies were made. THEN it turns out that the main counter-intelligence guy for the FBI had been a mole for the KGB for almost 20 years, to then the FBI had to clean house and the CIA had to wonder how many secrets ended up in foriegn hands thanks to the FBI and their KGB mole.

Prior to that there was Waco. Following that cluster-fuck, the house and Senate held hearings. Good agents were fired, the shitbirds got promoted. This was at the hands of the GOP and their actions damaged the FBI, the nation's national security was put in jepardy over petty politics.

So who's to blame for 9/11? The American people and Al Qaeda.

We get the government we deserve, we send assclowns to Washington based almost solely on their position on abortion, never asking if they understand how to balance a checkbook or can find Guatamala on a map. Those dipshits are elected, that means that you and I aren't doing our jobs and worse we are letting our country be hijacked by a minority issue. It's the same as if we elected our representatives based on how they wipe their ass, font to back? Back to front? It's that stupid.

Nobody's been fired? Why should anybody be fired? What would it solve?

Everybody involved did their jobs, the problem was the system and that darned Constitution with it's "Civil Rights". FBI agents couldn't take their investigation to the next step, their supervisors wouldn't risk the Civil Rights lawsuit that would certainly ensue if their field agents harrassed an Arab national, you know - Racial Profiling? The FBI couldn't tap multiple phones with a single court order, the had to get one for each line. Even if all of the 19 hijackers had been arrested they would have walked, maybe expelled from the country but the attacks would have happened anyway at a later date.
    Then there was the barrier that forbade the CIA from investigating inside the U.S., the FBI and CIA didn't play nice so the FBI wouldn't show the CIA their goodies and visa versa.

Hell, just yesterday the Senate passed an ammendmant that forbids "Aggresive treatment" of terror suspect in US custody. They are already handicapping intelligence gathering AGAIN, the same kind of chickenshit crap that lead to the first two attacks on the WTC.

Firing some FBI and CIA agents will only make stupid people feel better, these will be the same people who will be bitching after the next attack. Oh and there will be another attack, count on it. Which brings me to my final point, Al Qaeda has all of the advantages, they can hit us anywhere at any time and even if we lived under martial law, they would still pull off a successful strike. Since we don't live in a police state, their job is that much easier.

No matter what side of the fence you sit, I have to say that I agree with 100% of what you said above. The number of gross incompetence’s that happened to set in motion the chain of events leading up until 9/11 boggles the mind. There is so much blame to go around it's tough to know where to begin. Even today as you and I sit here having this debate, the "issues" people deem important really are trivial in the grand scheme of things. The hurricanes have showed us that we are no better prepared at the Local and National level to deal with a mass disaster. It's just one of the realities we now have to deal with in our lives. We will never be 100% safe, and we're worried that some ones feelings might get hurt because they look a certain way. As for the fact with no one being fired after 9/11, its one of those things were the buck has to stop somewhere. If the Bush Administration felt like it had to stand by its "guys", then I guess there’s something sorta commendable in that. But Like I said, it’s hard to know where to start and so I guess you start with the guys in charge. It works like that in any business. Someone fucks up so that person is gone, and if enough people fuck up then they obviously had a bad leader and the leader is gone. We had the opportunity to "fire" our leader but, a little more than half the voters chose to keep him. That’s the way it goes in our system. I didn't like it, but I pride myself in the fact that I did the research and paid enough attention to what was going on in my world to make an informed decision. It bothers me too, when people choose solely on minority issues like you said. “Catch Phrase” issues like - Guns, abortion, homosexuals, God.

I do find it humorous that so many people (including our government) are concerned about installing democracy all over the world when, in so many ways it is failing us here, and so many people take it for granted here. I believe the contempt in this country stems from the fact People are tired of everyone in Washington looking out for #1 and not doing what's best for the country. It’s just easier to say fuck it than it is to try and make a difference. And that also ends up causing resentment towards us around the world.
    There is no easy answer but, I'm glad we could have this debate. At least I know there are other people out there making informed decisions as well, whatever that may be.
    -Alchemy

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Nice rant, Axx. You’re even right about a lot of it, but let’s not take some of the blame off of the FBI and CIA…that’s bullshit. They did not do their jobs.

The FBI had numerous contacts with at least two of the 9/11 terrorists, but never put them on any watch list. The CIA had information that al-Hazmi and al-Mihdhar--who had already been linked to terrorism--were or might be in the United States. Yet it had not placed them on a watch list for suspected terrorists or shared this information with the FBI. To blame that on “an adversarial situation between the FBI and the CIA” is a bullshit excuse.

The FBI couldn’t take their investigation to the next step? Bullshit, Axx. The FBI wouldn’t work together. You had agents that had information on the terrorists, but not sharing it with other FBI offices…don’t blame the supervisors--although there just as culpable--the agents fucked up too.

Oh, and no, firing those dumbasses won’t “make stupid people feel better” it will create an opportunity to put people in place that know what the fuck to do!

I am glad we can’t aggressively treat terrorist SUSPECTS badly…their fucking SUSPECTS! If they are actual known terrorists, then that is different.

Yeah, there will be another attack, and after it you will be saying the FBI and CIA are not at fault even in the eye of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The FBI and CIA work within a system set up by representatives of the people of the United States.

They both also have to work within the framework of the Contitution.

The terrorists don't.

My Blog: