Register
Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: iPod

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default iPod

I'm thinking of purchasing an iPod for my wife's upcoming birthday. I know that there is iTunes avaiable for Windows and songs can be purchased for 99 cents.

Can I download songs already on my computer?

Can I hear about some experiences pro and con of this iPod thingy?

I'm thinking about the $99, 512 MB one.

Thanks.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

I have an Ipod, but I would go with the $169 one. You will be amazed how quickly you will use the space.
    The battery sucks (maybe they have fixed that problem)
    You can download any MP3 from iTunes to it...I have the entire VH catalog on mine, from the CDs. Any song you can copy into Itunes from CDs or downloading can go on your Ipod.
    I am very pro Apple and pro Ipod...so the only negative you will get from me is the battery issue. After a while t seems to only last about two hours tops.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

I've been thinking about getting an iPod as well for when I am working out. any other advice would be welcome! Thanks for letting us know about the battery issue!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Any MP3 or AAC file you have on the computer will work fine. When you first install iTunes, it'll offer to search for them and then import them into its library. It'll also offer to manage the organization of your files. I'd let it do both, and I'd also set it to move files that you import later into the library. It's a whole lot easier than having things scattered about willy-nilly.

I don't think I'd want a Shuffle if that was going to be my only MP3 player. You can't just pick a song you want to hear. Yeah, most of the time I have my iPod on random, but not all the time.

I'd get a mini while you can still find one. They're not that much more expensive, and have fully functionality.

I've had two iPods so far, and both have been great. I had one of the 2nd generation 20GBs, and now I've got a third gen 40GB. Sometime in the next year I'll have to trade it in on a bigger one.

There's absolutely no downside to an iPod. They're simply the best MP3 players that money can buy. I've owned one other, and it just didn't compare. There's so much to be said to having all of your music with you at any time, and having it so easily accessible. We all invest so much money in our music collections. Spending a few hundred has allowed me to enjoy that music investment anywhere. I can't say enough good things about it.

The battery issue is the same for anything with a rechargeable battery. If you don't take care of the battery properly, it'll die a premature death. It's no different than anything else with a battery.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's a thread with alot of info in it...
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/show...highlight=ipod

I believe Apple just discontinued the Mini in favor of the Nano though.

The battery issue has been fixed big time! Don't let that stop you from getting one. I can get about 12 hours out of my mini before I have to recharge it.

I have moved alot of my cd collection over to my Mini....If you can afford the large ipods....buy it. You will be amazed how fast your storage space goes!

I have had no issues with my ipod. I highly recommend it!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I download K-Scum right into iTunes then right onto the iPod.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Watching out for a video iPod
    A scheduled Oct. 12 announcement by Apple has fueled speculation on Internet about new device.
    October 5, 2005: 6:29 AM EDT

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Computer Inc. has e-mailed invitations to reporters for a special event next week, prompting speculation on the Internet that the company would unveil a long-rumored iPod that can display videos.

The invitation from Apple, which is notoriously tight-lipped about its future products, said simply: "One more thing..."

Early last month, Apple unveiled its pencil-thin iPod nano, which holds up to 1,000 songs and replaced the iPod mini, then the most popular iPod model.

Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs has in recent years at conferences and events saved the largest products that most delight the Apple faithful toward the end of his keynote speech, prefacing the announcement with the phrase, "Oh, and one more thing" or a variant.

Apple enthusiast Web sites, including AppleInsider, speculated Tuesday that the Oct. 12 announcement could well be a video iPod that has long been rumored.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/10/05/tech...ex.htm?cnn=yes
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Watching out for a video iPod
    A scheduled Oct. 12 announcement by Apple has fueled speculation on Internet about new device.
    October 5, 2005: 6:29 AM EDT

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Computer Inc. has e-mailed invitations to reporters for a special event next week, prompting speculation on the Internet that the company would unveil a long-rumored iPod that can display videos.

The invitation from Apple, which is notoriously tight-lipped about its future products, said simply: "One more thing..."

Early last month, Apple unveiled its pencil-thin iPod nano, which holds up to 1,000 songs and replaced the iPod mini, then the most popular iPod model.

Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs has in recent years at conferences and events saved the largest products that most delight the Apple faithful toward the end of his keynote speech, prefacing the announcement with the phrase, "Oh, and one more thing" or a variant.

Apple enthusiast Web sites, including AppleInsider, speculated Tuesday that the Oct. 12 announcement could well be a video iPod that has long been rumored.

Apple (Research) declined to comment beyond the invitation.

Many analysts have said Apple is all but certain to introduce a version of the No. 1 digital music player that can also play video. Most models of the current iPods, in addition to playing music, can also display photos and perform other functions with accessories that are sold separately.

"There's a whole generation coming up that doesn't have a lot in their checking account but will some day, who think this is a cool idea," said Roger Kay, president of market research firm Endpoint Technology Associates, referring to a video iPod.

"Apple Computer has begun production of a new version of its iPod digital music player that will be capable of playing videos, AppleInsider has learned," according to a Tuesday post on the AppleInsider Web site. "Sources who claim to have seen the new iPod describe it as being similar to Apple's 60 GB iPod photo player, but several millimeters thinner."

The invitation itself from Apple gave no indication what the announcement might be, but in a separate post Tuesday on AppleInsider, the site said: "Recent information suggests that Apple may be preparing to introduce a version of its iPod with video capabilities."

While Jobs has publicly downplayed the notion of a video iPod, saying that most people don't want to watch videos when they're on the move, many in the industry have been expecting such a product for some time.

"It would be a very Jobsian move to say it's stupid and bring one out anyway," Kay said, referring to an iPod that plays video.

Kay added that Apple would need to have wrapped up agreements with major studios and record labels over copyright protection and antipiracy technology similar to its FairPlay digital rights management software used in iPods and on its iTunes online music store.

Apple, which sold more than 6 million iPods in its most recent quarter, accounting for about a third of overall company revenue, has 75 percent of the market for digital music players, according to market research firm NPD Group Inc.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Here's another little twist to discuss.

iPod nano. What's the diiference between them and regular iPod's?

Here's some prices I've found so far

512MB $99
    1 GB $129
    20 GB $299

Baluchitherium Leo Van Newhouse's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

08.14.13 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got the one you're thinking of buying, and it works great for me. I recommend it
    THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT : Representing DAVID LEE ROTH in all his glory!!!!!!!!!

JH: "How was your New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues?"
    DLR: "James...I AM New Years Eve!"

"To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding?" David Lee Roth

"I'm gonna want to rock out w/ my cock out instead of playing anal taper dork." Colonel Sanders

ANOTHER HOSTILE TAKEOVER COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

iPod Shuffle

512MB $99
    1 GB $ 129

IPod

20 GB $299
    60 GB $399

Ipod Nano

2 GB $199
    4 GB $249

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I love mine...I got the U2 version and it is incredible!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

I'd get the 20 or 60 gb and be done with it.

I got a mini for Christmas and it's pretty cool, but I have to rip the songs at 128kb with only 4gb, it's already full. And My battery dies after about 4 hours, but I've read that they are much better now.

Next one I get will probably be the 60gb so I can put EVERYTHING on there.

Is there one bigger than 60?
    Last edited by Greenpaw; 10.05.05 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Spelling errorz

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Those are pretty run of the mill prices. Shop around, and you can find considerably better. Use coupon codes. Target had a 10% off one that expires today, I think.

The Nano is the mini's replacement. Instead of a hard drive, it uses solid-state flash memory.

I agree with Greepaw, that the regular iPods are the most desirable. I've thought about getting a Shuffle just to run with, but my regular one works fine for that.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw
    I'd get the 20 or 60 gb and be done with it.
    That's the ones I'm leaning towards Paw.

Is there one bigger than 60?
    I don't think so.