You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

The latest on VH from melodicrock.com

http://www.melodicrock.com/

Nothing new guys, but interesting how Sammy Hagar is mentioned as "current" vocalist. Nice of Andrew to provide an update though.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Is no news good news?

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_5150
    Is no news good news?
    it's a start I guess

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is my favorite part

Sammy Hagar remains the band's current lead singer

Hell ya!
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

"What do you wanna do with your life?

I WANNA ROCK!"

Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

This is my favorite part:
    And dismiss any notions of RockStar: Van Halen. While it would be great to see the band given a primetime spotlight, it won't be happening this way.

Thank all that's holy.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:57 AM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay
    This is my favorite part:

And dismiss any notions of RockStar: Van Halen. While it would be great to see the band given a primetime spotlight, it won't be happening this way.

Thank all that's holy.
    What he said.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    What he said.

i couldnt disagree more fella's, but you already know that.

I want my fucking VH and i want it new and i want it now..

strike that...

I want my EVH, and i want it new and i want it now..if that means by TV, fine..at least i'll know there's a new album and tour..

Strike that...

i want ANY music from EVH,whether its as VH or a new band, i want it new and i want it now!

what can your way show me?
    Last edited by perticelli; 10.03.05 at 01:08 PM.
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    i couldnt disagree more fella's, but you already know that.

I want my fucking VH and i want it new and i want it now..

strike that...

I want my EVH, and i want it new and i want it now..if that means by TV, fine..at least i'll know there's a new album and tour..

what can your way show me?
    LOL. Pert, my fine Dago buddy, you is pert-sistent.

You still never illustrated why your reality TV scenario was any more probable than doing a new album with Dave or Sam. All future versions of Van Halen currently have the same probability of actualization at this point in time...and that is a big fat 0%. That said, I'd lay better odds on a reunion with Dave over the chance of Edward appearing on reality TV.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.19.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Probable?

Hell.

Viable, even.
    Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

"...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

and by the way...

Eat Us And Smile.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
    Probable?

Hell.

Viable, even.
    ahh yes, and my apologies as well.

First, lets consider the 3 supposed probabilities: A reunion w/ DLR, a re-reuunion w/Sammy or a stint on Rockstar.

DLR: They have already done a career w/ DLR, tried reuniting at least twice, even going so far as recording new music and releasing it on a best of..with the greatest of intentions and less pressure than there is now, with less factors working agint them..ie--age, a panned album under their belt, personal hardships like cancer and divorce, etc, they couldnt get it done. For my money, that lessens the probability of this happening, going forward. Atleast in the strict context of everything being done behind the scenes..

Sammy:
    They just finished a reunion AND tour and released 3 new songs on a best of..they said all the right things, made a ton of cash and did well,,AND STILL they cant keep it together, for whatever the reason. Publicly, Sammy has laid down prerequisites, on top of asll the other pressures, etc .
    This certainly lessens the probability of it being a possibility going forward.
    Add to that the fact the fans would rather have DLR then another sammy tequila money fest snowjob and up for breakfast lyrics..

Rockstar:
    It was shown to be highly successful..that is, it got great ratings which is king in the media industry. Ratings in this case = exposure. With the way TV works, and mark burnett certainly understands and uses this angle, people tend to get used to what they see and accept it as it continues..how else can you explain people buying fantasia's album or ruben's album or even Clay's?
    Further, Burnett is no dummy. he knows that a talent like EVH is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if he doesnt cast them in the best light, he runs the risk of ruining his newest franchise..and he has ALOT of money at stake..so he alone will make sure the perception of the band is top nothc, however the band manifests itself. and he will do it while garnering huge ratings, including a massive and the largest audin=ence of the season on the final show..it is his trademark..That simply leaves eddie with the task of writing good enough tuneage to keep the momentum he will be given for a new album and tour.

They can look to the INXS series and see they werent made out to be lapdogs, sell-outs or anything less than a class act as to how they handled themselves and how they were protrayed..Ed will see that as an upside..

So the potential for success , based on thes few examples, shows an upside that is potentially huge. The downside is they fade away into..well, wherever they are now..they havent done this before and failed, they havent tried it and hated it, their has been no past history.
    without that drag on the possible momentum, this actually increases the probability, as opposed to the other two scenario's and therefore is the more likely outcome.

That's my stream of consciousness first stab..
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:34 PM
    Liked 591 Times in 362 Posts

Donor

GOOD FUCK PEOPLE. LET IT DIE!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.19.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli

...Rockstar:
    It was shown to be highly successful..that is, it got great ratings which is king in the media industry. Ratings in this case = exposure. With the way TV works, and mark burnett certainly understands and uses this angle, people tend to get used to what they see and accept it as it continues..how else can you explain people buying fantasia's album or ruben's album or even Clay's?
    Further, Burnett is no dummy. he knows that a talent like EVH is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if he doesnt cast them in the best light, he runs the risk of ruining his newest franchise..and he has ALOT of money at stake..so he alone will make sure the perception of the band is top nothc, however the band manifests itself. and he will do it while garnering huge ratings, including a massive and the largest audin=ence of the season on the final show..it is his trademark..That simply leaves eddie with the task of writing good enough tuneage to keep the momentum he will be given for a new album and tour.

They can look to the INXS series and see they werent made out to be lapdogs, sell-outs or anything less than a class act as to how they handled themselves and how they were protrayed..Ed will see that as an upside..

So the potential for success , based on thes few examples, shows an upside that is potentially huge. The downside is they fade away into..well, wherever they are now..they havent done this before and failed, they havent tried it and hated it, their has been no past history.
    without that drag on the possible momentum, this actually increases the probability, as opposed to the other two scenario's and therefore is the more likely outcome.

That's my stream of consciousness first stab..
    All told, an acceptable stab as far as streams go, and we'll simply grant you your first two points; sad as your appraisals of the likelihood of further work with either of the first two vocalists are, there's frankly not much to contradict them.

Where I'm just not buying the Rockstar approach is in those other reality show examples we're avoiding, namely those shows that had Gary Coleman, Flava Flav, and Brigitte Nielsen all holed up together, or the one with the sigmoidoscope artfully stuffed up Anna Nicole Noriega, or whatever; as with so many of these shows that focus on former celebrities, there's a sleazy little oh-how-they've-fallen factor that compels an audience to watch.

Clay Aiken and what's-her-name? Not exactly former celebrities; it was their respective shows that got them their exposure. The yet-inconclusive INXS Rockstar experiment? Was it the producer who ensured their image was in the best possible light, or is INXS really an easygoing group of guys?

The two variables which make Van Halen a different animal than INXS are

A) they attained a level of celebrity and exposure far beyond that of INXS, and

B) they'd be auditioning a new singer out of a level of dysfunction within the band (quite possibly with Hagar still listed as the official vocalist), and not out of the necessity borne of a singer's death.

Assuming the producers have irreproachable intentions for presenting Van Halen, even the more casual public seems to recognize them as the band that can't hang on to a vocalist. I'd hazard that's at least part of the drama they'd be tuning in for, in which case they'll either be let down, or they'll see Van Halen decisively revealed for the circus they've long guessed it to be, Mark Burnett be damned.

And all this would be happening as reports are coming out that audiences are finally tiring of the reality show format (one can fervently hope, but I'll believe it when I see an actual ratings slide). And this is all assuming that EVH's temperament would ever allow such an exercise, a pretty unlikely prospect, as has been pointed out repeatedly.

Either way would certainly be a louder bang than we're getting from them right now. But a preferable bang? A more enduring and viable bang for the band, beyond the freakshow impact of the series?

Got serious doubts about that.
    Last edited by The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug; 10.03.05 at 02:57 PM.
    Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

"...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

and by the way...

Eat Us And Smile.

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scotty5150
    GOOD FUCK PEOPLE. LET IT DIE!
    Amen.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug
    All told, an acceptable stab as far as streams go, and we'll simply grant you your first two points; sad as your appraisals of the likelihood of further work with either of the first two vocalists are, there's frankly not much to contradict them.

Where I'm just not buying the Rockstar approach is in those other reality show examples we're avoiding, namely those shows that had Gary Coleman, Flava Flav, and Brigitte Nielsen all holed up together, or the one with the sigmoidoscope artfully stuffed up Anna Nicole Noriega, or whatever; as with so many of these shows that focus on former celebrities, there's a sleazy little oh-how-they've-fallen factor that compels an audience to watch.

Clay Aiken and what's-her-name? Not exactly former celebrities; it was their respective shows that got them their exposure. The yet-inconclusive INXS Rockstar experiment? Was it the producer who ensured their image was in the best possible light, or is INXS really an easygoing group of guys?

The two variables which make Van Halen a different animal than INXS are

A) they attained a level of celebrity and exposure far beyond that of INXS, and

B) they'd be auditioning a new singer out of a level of dysfunction within the band (quite possibly with Hagar still listed as the official vocalist), and not out of the necessity borne of a singer's death.

Assuming the producers have irreproachable intentions for presenting Van Halen, even the more casual public seems to recognize them as the band that can't hang on to a vocalist. I'd hazard that's at least part of the drama they'd be tuning in for, in which case they'll either be let down, or they'll see Van Halen decisively revealed for the circus they've long guessed it to be, Mark Burnett be damned.

And all this would be happening as reports are coming out that audiences are finally tiring of the reality show format (one can fervently hope, but I'll believe it when I see an actual ratings slide). And this is all assuming that EVH's temperament would ever allow such an exercise, a pretty unlikely prospect, as has been pointed out repeatedly.

Either way would certainly be a louder bang than we're getting from them right now. But a preferable bang? A more enduring and viable bang for the band, beyond the freakshow impact of the series?

Got serious doubts about that.

Nailed it.

But my favorite part, hands down...

or the one with the sigmoidoscope artfully stuffed up Anna Nicole Noriega
    Perfection. LOFL!!

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

First off, I think the rockstar thing is bull-shit, it's not the way a band like VH deserves to come back. Secondly, I'm a little tired of some guys here going on about EVH this and EVH that. This isn't about Eddie, it's about Van Halen, and anything Edward does that doesn't involve the band, while cool, is definitley falling short.
    Last edited by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love; 10.04.05 at 05:56 AM.