Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Abandoned girl asking for slain mom

Valerie Lozada described her mother as looking "like a princess."

NEW YORK (AP) -- Police searched Sunday for the body of a woman whose 4-year-old daughter was found abandoned on a city street, and said they were considering how to tell the girl that her mother is dead.

Authorities have been unable to find 26-year-old Monica Lozada-Rivaineira since her daughter was discovered crying and shivering on a street in Queens. The girl told neighbors her father left her there and drove away.

Cesar Ascarrunz, 32, was charged Saturday with murdering his live-in girlfriend. Police say Ascarrunz killed Lozada-Rivaineira and dumped her corpse in a pile of trash on a Queens street corner.

Police were led to Ascarrunz by tips from the public after 4-year-old Valery Lozada appeared on TV on Thursday. The child, her hair in pigtails, described her mother as looking "like a princess." Police ultimately used records from Valery's day care center to identify her mother.

"This child has captured the hearts of all New Yorkers," said District Attorney Richard A. Brown. "I hope she can grow up to lead a normal life."

Child welfare officials took the unusual step of putting her on television hoping that would produce more information about her identity.

Kevin Flood, a firefighter who gave the girl a drink and a fruit snack that night, said her hair was tousled as if she had just been awakened. But she showed no signs of abuse and neglect, authorities said.

"She was scared. She was crying," said Flood, 34. "She said her daddy had left her on the corner."

Valery was asking to see her mother, but authorities were waiting to break the news of her mother's death, said John Mattingly, commissioner of the city Administration for Children's Services. Dozens of people have volunteered to adopt her, he said.

"This little girl is as strong and capable and bright as she can be because of her mother," Mattingly said. "It makes us hopeful for the future ... that she will in the long run do well."

City officials were trying to contact family members and have already reached a female cousin of her mother's in New York, Mattingly said.

Ascarrunz also was charged with reckless endangerment, endangering the welfare of a child, child abandonment and evidence tampering, Brown said. If convicted on the murder charge, he faces 25 years to life in prison.

Lozada-Rivaineira was last seen at the apartment she shared with Ascarrunz late on September 24, authorities said. According to a criminal complaint, Ascarrunz choked Lozada-Rivaineira to death in the apartment, put her body in a plastic bag and left it in the living room for two days.

On September 26, he took her body from the apartment and dumped it in a pile of trash on a Queens street corner, the complaint said.

Investigators found traces of blood in the apartment. Ascarrunz told police he had cut Lozada-Rivaineira's throat to revive her after choking her, according to the complaint.

Ascarrunz had not been arraigned by late Saturday. A spokesman for the district attorney said he believed Ascarrunz did not have an attorney.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough namedmydaughterHALEN's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

vh II OR balance
    Favorite VH Song

damn near all of them!
    Last Online

04.19.17 @ 04:47 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

this is just pitiful!!!!!!!!
    poor little girl.

shes a cutie too. hopefully she will grow up happy.
    will be hard without parents, but maybe she can.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Man...just sad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

"If convicted". Welcome to America.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod

So very sad....
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't understand why they would not leave her someplace safe to be "found". Just on the city street??? What is wrong with people? Then again, the dad killed the mom so I guess he's not thinking too straight to begin with. Hope she's adopted into a loving family!

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

What a gut wrenching tale. Poor baby, I hope she is well looked after and finds a family to give her lots of love.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

NEW YORK — A body has been recovered at a Pennsylvania landfill where authorities have been searching for the mother of a 4-year-old girl who was abandoned on a Queens street, New York police said Thursday.

Monica Lozada-Rivadineira (search), 26, vanished on Sept. 24, and police had searched for her body in Queens and the two landfills in Pennsylvania where New York City's garbage is hauled.

A woman's body was found wrapped in a black plastic bag in a Pennsylvania landfill, said police spokesman Paul Browne. The body was not positively identified, but police said they believed it is that of the Bolivian-born woman.

Her companion, Cesar Ascarrunz (search), is being held without bail on charges of strangling her, dumping her body in a pile of trash and abandoning Valery on the street.

Her 4-year-old daughter, Valery Belen Saavedra Lozada, was found wandering barefoot in the middle of the night on a Queens street, prompting child welfare officials to take the unusual step of putting the pigtailed little girl on television in trying to identify her and her mother. Valery described her mother as looking "like a princess."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton