Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Default I hate fret buzz!!

Just like the title says, I hate it! Ever since my low E broke on me a couple of weeks ago, my #1 has been all kinds of fucked up. I changed the Low E but then everything else was screwed up. The G and D strings keep getting fret buzz all over the neck, I cant do simple chords without having some kind of string buzz, the string block in the D saddle cracked on me and I couldnt even get it out cuz it was fused with the rest of the saddle so I had to switch it out with an old ibanez floyd I had. The locking nut screws are stripped and just all kinds of other shit. Even my Kramer Striker has shit wrong with it. All 3 of the locking nut screws are stripped, I cant get the High E saddle screw to come out cuz that is stripped, the dam thing wont stay in tune and I get fret buzz on that too even when the floyd is at the highest it will go.

I am seriously getting pissed off at how much shit my guitars are going through. I would them over to my guitar shop and have them look at both of them but that would cost an arm and a leg and I need the money for gas so I really dont know what to do. I just wish I had the $$$ for a brand spankin new guitar so that I wont have to go through this shit. So any help would be appreciated
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.10 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sound like you need a new guitar!! Or a second job to pay for the repairs!! Good luck!

Last Online

10.10.17 @ 06:08 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts

Maybe sell one and get the other repaired. No use having two useless pieces lying around.
    Thanks for paying my rent. -- EVH

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First, what guitars are you playing?

Second, sounds like you need to know how to adjust the truss-rod.

Third, why are you messing around with all those saddles?
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............... Dirty Harry

Top Of The World
    Last Online

08.06.08 @ 04:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Replacement parts ...

Floyd Rose tremolos aren't indestructable, as even EVH has proven time & time again. Try going to Stew-Mac.com and buying some new locking nuts for your guitar. They're quite easy to replace with a couple of allen wrenches. Same for the saddles.

As for the whole business of fret buzz, I'd say that this too can be resolved with a little bit of work on your part. Begin by getting that original Floyd Rose back in the guitar it was originally in. The reason I suggest this is that Ibanez has not always used the same profile (i.e. HEIGHT) Floyd Rose as others do. Also, if its a Floyd Rose PRO, then its definately not the same as an original licensed Floyd from back in 'the day'.

For starters, the cracked saddle and the locking blocks for the saddles again can be replaced from Stew-Mac. Not hard to replace, just gotta do it. One note: Cracked saddles and destroyed locking nuts are COMMON for post 1996 Floyd Rose, from what I can tell. The original units were brass or something equally as HARD of a material but today's Floyds are BAD and made of this composite pressed metal power junk and under any torque, they break. I have, for my guitars, bought all 1980's era Floyds and I've never been sorry about it. Sure they look beat up for age, but even the knife edges are still relatively sharp.

Back to the guitar: once you get the Floyd Roses back up to snuff, the issue here is a setup. Sounds to me like you're knowledgable enough that I don't need to explain a setup but I will encourage you that if you've never done it ... buy a book from a bookstore and do it yourself. Adjusting the truss rod on the neck is fairly easy (remember: TINY turns and let the neck adjust to the adjustment). You can do it!

Before you do anything like that, however, sight your neck down the fingerboard and look at the frets. If they're not parallel to each other, your neck is warping and you'll want a new neck. Usually that's extreme and most people don't have that problem but just watch for it. Also, you MIGHT just have a few high frets. If you can find them, a tech can shave those down for you for less than $20, I'd think.

I totally understand about Gas money! pah! I hate it.
    But in this case, we need to work smarter ... not throw money at the problem.

Good luck

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Bob
    First, what guitars are you playing?

Second, sounds like you need to know how to adjust the truss-rod.

Third, why are you messing around with all those saddles?
    What he said...

Fret Buzz, sound's like a cool screen name.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300