Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

03.30.16 @ 10:14 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Funny IKEA commercial.

Last edited by the_jake5150; 09.25.05 at 04:48 AM.
    The Atomic Drunk!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

That's a typical Monday in the States, friend!

Thanks.
    ...craig
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

IKEA is one of the best furniture stores ever.. I have spent hundreds there over the last couple of weeks for my home. I am seriously dangerous in that shop!!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Never been inside an Ikea.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Good Enough
    where Conan O'Brien is no longer president, a.k.a. Finland
    Favorite VH Album

All of them.
    Favorite VH Song

As Is.
    Last Online

10.03.17 @ 11:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Never bought anything from IKEA, but some of their stuff look nice. I always get tired when I walk around in their shops cause all you see is beds and stuff like that..
    -nobody rules these streets at night but me-

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Donor

It might be a women thing but I LOVE shopping here... and I always spend a fortune. And the Swedish Meatballs and Milk Gravy in the restaurant are to die for .. yum!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I refuse to believe that no one else noticed the background song was "Where Have All The Good Times Gone!"

They are building a new IKEA store a couple miles from me. Going to clog up that intersection something FIERCE. But I can't wait. It's going to be cool!

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick
    I refuse to believe that no one else noticed the background song was "Where Have All The Good Times Gone!"

They are building a new IKEA store a couple miles from me. Going to clog up that intersection something FIERCE. But I can't wait. It's going to be cool!

Shari
    Shari, that is exactly how it is where our IKEA is.. on a big retail part and the traffic on a weekend.. especially Sunday, is madness. In the past few weeks I've bought wooden floors, a tv unit, coffee table, blinds, house plants artwork, candle holders.. some gorgeous stuff.. I cant help it..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Talk about coinsidence! This was in today's paper:

Roadwork, shoppers to collide
    As IKEA opens, tollway express lane nearby will close

By Robert Sanchez
    Daily Herald Staff Writer
    Posted Monday, September 26, 2005

Combine major construction at a busy toll plaza with the most anticipated store opening of the year and you have a potential traffic mess, police say.

As part of the long-awaited southern extension of the North-South Tollway, one of the Boughton Road toll plaza’s northbound and southbound I-PASS express lanes have been shut down.

Eventually, all express lanes will be closed for a three-week stretch so workers can put the final touches on the plaza’s conversion into an “open road toll” plaza.

Bolingbrook police have known about the lane closure for more than a year. But it couldn’t have come at a worse time, they say.

IKEA Bolingbrook is poised to open its doors on Wednesday, and the 310,000-square-foot home furnishings center on Boughton Road off Interstate 355 is expected to bring plenty of additional traffic.

Bolingbrook police said they anticipate 30,000 people to visit the store on its first day, although an IKEA spokesman questioned the estimate. Throughout the first week of grand opening festivities, police said, more than 100,000 visitors are expected.

It’s unknown how many of those visitors will travel to the store via the tollway.

But Lt. Tom Ross of the Bolingbrook police said the loss of the express lane will mean more congestion around the toll plaza, especially when IKEA opens.

“Any time you take the same amount of traffic and squeeze it into less lanes, it is going to increase congestion,” Ross said. “It’s simple math.”

An estimated 2,400 cars an hour use the Boughton toll plaza, according to the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority.

Knowing how busy the plaza is, Bolingbrook officials asked tollway representatives if there was a way to avoid lane closures during the IKEA opening.

It was agreed the plaza construction should proceed as planned, Ross said.

“We wish it didn’t happen,” Ross said. “But it is what it is.

“To postpone a road project for one event wouldn’t seem likely.”

District 15 state police, Bolingbrook police and other departments are working together to prevent IKEA shoppers from clogging the roadways.

Police Chief Ray McGury announced that more than 100 personnel and public safety officers will be patrolling the streets surrounding IKEA.

They will direct traffic and enforce parking regulations in neighborhoods. That includes posting signs along I-355 reminding motorists early to keep to the right — away from the closed express lane.

While one northbound and southbound express lane remain open, tollway officials say, all of the express lanes will be closed in about seven weeks.

“This is the first time we’ve done this,” said Jan Kemp, a tollway spokeswoman. “So I can’t tell you the exact date it will change.”

Once all the express lanes are closed, Kemp said, it will take crews three weeks to complete the plaza’s conversion.

When finished, Kemp said, I-PASS users will have three express lanes in each direction for nonstop toll collection.

“They won’t have to slow down,” she said. “They won’t have to make a decision to move to the left. They’ll just keep traveling as if there isn’t a toll plaza there.”

It’s the same project happening at the Army Trail Road plaza. However, that project is about two weeks behind.

Right now, Army Trail has all its express lanes open. That will change Thursday when one of the southbound express lanes is closed, Kemp said. A northbound express lane will be closed the following week.

In the meantime, tollway and police officials are assuring they’ll closely monitor the traffic situation at the Boughton plaza.

“It’s in all the agencies’ best interest to keep traffic moving and accident-free,” Ross said. “And since this isn’t a spur-of-the-moment event, we’re ready. We will do our best to make sure people are able to get where they need to go.”
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.