F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Earthquake hits LA

Could this be a foreshock for the big one????

3.6 magnitude quake hits near L.A.
    Associated Press
    Posted Friday, September 23, 2005

METTLER, Calif. - A series of earthquakes ranging up to magnitude 4.7 shook an area north of Los Angeles today. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.

The temblors in the San Joaquin Valley about 70 miles northwest of Los Angeles began with a magnitude-3.4 jolt that was quickly followed by the 4.7 at 1:24 p.m., according to the U.S. Geological Survey in Pasadena.

Seismologists recorded at least several lesser aftershocks.

"We felt it pretty good, like someone picked up the store and shook it," said Donald Sullivan, an employee at the Mettler Renegade truck stop and gas station.

The area has had quakes before, but this one still made people jump, he said. Other than drinks rattling off the shelves, though, it didn't do any real harm, he said.

The quakes occurred near the White Wolf fault. The last time that fault caused a major earthquake was in 1952 when an estimated magnitude-7.5 temblor killed 12 people and injured 18.
    Last edited by ZeoBandit; 09.23.05 at 10:12 AM.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen
    Could this be a foreshock for the big one????

3.6 magnitude quake hits near L.A.
    Associated Press
    Posted Friday, September 23, 2005

METTLER, Calif. - A series of earthquakes ranging up to magnitude 4.7 shook an area north of Los Angeles today. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.

The temblors in the San Joaquin Valley about 70 miles northwest of Los Angeles began with a magnitude-3.4 jolt that was quickly followed by the 4.7 at 1:24 p.m., according to the U.S. Geological Survey in Pasadena.

Seismologists recorded at least several lesser aftershocks.

"We felt it pretty good, like someone picked up the store and shook it," said Donald Sullivan, an employee at the Mettler Renegade truck stop and gas station.

The area has had quakes before, but this one still made people jump, he said. Other than drinks rattling off the shelves, though, it didn't do any real harm, he said.

The quakes occurred near the White Wolf fault. The last time that fault caused a major earthquake was in 1952 when an estimated magnitude-7.5 temblor killed 12 people and injured 18.
    Time to open to The Book of Revelations and start praying folks.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen
    That's weird, considering 1:24 PM hasn't HAPPENED yet!
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I was thinking the same thing.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Hmmm...cold is kicking my ass today, didn't even look at the time. OHHHH TARBENDER...more NyQuil please.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:21 PM
    Liked 1,595 Times in 981 Posts

Donor

Gimme a break. The greater LA basin gets 3-4 magnitude quakes fairly frequently. There are still minor aftershocks occuring along faults from the Northridge tremblor ten years ago.

Newsflash....this is a physical universe, and believe it or not, it's sketchy sometimes. Tsunamis, earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes. That's the funny thing about nature. Everybody starts crying about God's wrath when hurricanes hit...folks in Bangladesh go through horribly devastating typhoons EVERY TWO YEARS or more. It's not God, nor any wacky evil deity that's calling down the shizznit, it's just a planet subject to the extremes of its ecosystem (some of it, naturally, aggravated by this swarm of stupid humans dumping toxic shit into its water, land, and air).

Perspective's a good thing. New Orleans, while tragic, was still a city built in a bathtub bowl right dead center in the gulf's Hurricane Alley. It was bound to happen. Just as it's not very humble of humans to build tall high rises or any non-quake resistant structures near the San Andreas fault in Los Angeles.

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quakes really don't scare me at all. It's good to be in Cali.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    That's weird, considering 1:24 PM hasn't HAPPENED yet!
    That was yesterday.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx

Quakes really don't scare me at all. It's good to be in Cali.

How about the gas prices? Do they scare you? What about traffic on say the 5, 10, or 405?

I do love LA! But you gotta pay the price for sunny and 70 everyday.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Default Happened this morning according to CNN...

Quake strikes north of Los Angeles

Friday, September 23, 2005; Posted: 12:16 p.m. EDT (16:16 GMT)

WHEELER RIDGE, California (AP) -- A magnitude 3.6 earthquake shook an area north of Los Angeles early Friday, one day after a series of quakes rumbled through the region.

There were no reports of injuries or damage from Friday's 3:21 a.m. quake, an aftershock to Thursday's temblors in the San Joaquin Valley about 70 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

The Thursday quakes began with a magnitude-3.4 jolt, which was quickly followed by a 4.7 quake, according to the U.S. Geological Survey in Pasadena.

There were also several lesser aftershocks.

The quakes happened near the White Wolf fault. The last time that fault caused a major earthquake was in 1952 when an estimated magnitude-7.5 quake killed 12 people and injured 18.
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I saw a chart of the number of small quakes happening a few weeks ago. The increases in small quakes over a period of a couple weeks was really quite dramatic. Not knowing a think about plate tectonics, I don't know what any of it means, but it certainly was quite a spike in the numbers.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:21 PM
    Liked 1,595 Times in 981 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by the_atomic_punks_rule
    How about the gas prices? Do they scare you? What about traffic on say the 5, 10, or 405?

I do love LA! But you gotta pay the price for sunny and 70 everyday.

Cal rocks. In the span of 48 hours, I can snowboard Bear Mountain in Big Bear, surf Rincon, hike Joshua Tree, and roll the dice at the Mirage. I live in one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth.

But yes, the 10 and the 405 are to be avoided at all costs. Then again, when that monster quake hits, they'll crumble, and perhaps we'll finally get around to making that light rail thing happen as we should have seventy years ago.

And you do have to pay to be here these days. But it's worth it.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/Mean Streets/Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I mean, don't get me wrong... Things happen that are bad. But the
    rest of the world probably goes through them more often we do. It's
    crazy here I tell ya. Everytime it snows a half an inch down here in
    Atlanta, the stores get cleaned out of bread and water. It's funny as
    H*ll as people panic for nothing like that. Maybe's that's just country
    folks though=)

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Buschman
    Quake strikes north of Los Angeles

Friday, September 23, 2005; Posted: 12:16 p.m. EDT (16:16 GMT)

WHEELER RIDGE, California (AP) -- A magnitude 3.6 earthquake shook an area north of Los Angeles early Friday, one day after a series of quakes rumbled through the region.

There were no reports of injuries or damage from Friday's 3:21 a.m. quake, an aftershock to Thursday's temblors in the San Joaquin Valley about 70 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

The Thursday quakes began with a magnitude-3.4 jolt, which was quickly followed by a 4.7 quake, according to the U.S. Geological Survey in Pasadena.

There were also several lesser aftershocks.

The quakes happened near the White Wolf fault. The last time that fault caused a major earthquake was in 1952 when an estimated magnitude-7.5 quake killed 12 people and injured 18.
    The 3.6 happened this morning. The 4.7 happened yesterday.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

"...and nothing will be left but the beauty that is...Arizona Bay." - Bill Hicks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06