Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Eruption lal5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.05
    Age
    51
    Location
    miami,fla
    Posts
    1,452
    Favorite VH Album

    dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

    ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

    06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default would you do this to your wife

    Ozzy Feared That His Wife Would Die of Cancer

    The rocker refused to sleep with her in case he woke up and found her dead next to him.
    Friday, September 16, 2005
    Ozzy Osbourne was so scared his wife Sharon would lose her battle with cancer, he refused to sleep with her in case he woke up and found her dead next to him.

    The rocker's manager wife successfully overcame colon cancer after nine months of traumatic treatment that left Ozzy an emotional mess.

    He explains, "It's a miracle she is alive today, I thought she was going to die.

    "I slept on the sofa while she went through her treatment. I had this terrible fear I would wake in the morning and find her lying dead next to me. It was horrible. I couldn't bear it. The thought of finding her gone was too much for me."

    Photo Copyright Getty Images


    Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2005

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk smithjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.12.00
    Location
    The US of A
    Posts
    16,463
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

    08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Likes
    130
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I don't know that others would feel the same about that. But he's the one who married her so.................................I can't say that I blame him tho. That'd be a little freaky to me.

    I'd probably do the same thing myself.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

    "A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One



  3. #3
    Atomic Punk stilleddiesangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.04
    Location
    A Brit in Texas
    Posts
    9,106
    Favorite VH Album

    Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Likes
    82
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Ozzy is in such a state these days I dont think he could cope without Sharon.. he'd simply self destruct and fall apart. She's what holds him together. I can understand his fears but that tends to be a male thing. Women work differently. They can handle the pain of watching people suffer and nurse them. Men, IMO want to fix things, make things right, and when they cant, it's very hard. Thats not a bad thing, just different. My Dad couldn't cope when my mom was dying at home. He wanted to do something but there was nothing he could do and that drove him nuts.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lal5150
    Ozzy Feared That His Wife Would Die of Cancer

    The rocker refused to sleep with her in case he woke up and found her dead next to him.
    Friday, September 16, 2005
    Ozzy Osbourne was so scared his wife Sharon would lose her battle with cancer, he refused to sleep with her in case he woke up and found her dead next to him.

    The rocker's manager wife successfully overcame colon cancer after nine months of traumatic treatment that left Ozzy an emotional mess.

    He explains, "It's a miracle she is alive today, I thought she was going to die.

    "I slept on the sofa while she went through her treatment. I had this terrible fear I would wake in the morning and find her lying dead next to me. It was horrible. I couldn't bear it. The thought of finding her gone was too much for me."

    Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2005
    The every three-week Osbourne Press Release Machine is still underway...
    Last edited by voivod; 09.22.05 at 09:17 AM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk WinterlessIceness's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Newcastle, Great North of England
    Posts
    10,095
    Last Online

    07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel
    Ozzy is in such a state these days I dont think he could cope without Sharon.. he'd simply self destruct and fall apart. She's what holds him together. I can understand his fears but that tends to be a male thing. Women work differently. They can handle the pain of watching people suffer and nurse them. Men, IMO want to fix things, make things right, and when they cant, it's very hard. Thats not a bad thing, just different. My Dad couldn't cope when my mom was dying at home. He wanted to do something but there was nothing he could do and that drove him nuts.
    That's so much true ...

  6. #6
    Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.04.03
    Posts
    2,442
    Last Online

    01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lal5150
    Ozzy Feared That His Wife Would Die of Cancer

    The rocker refused to sleep with her in case he woke up and found her dead next to him.
    Friday, September 16, 2005
    Ozzy Osbourne was so scared his wife Sharon would lose her battle with cancer, he refused to sleep with her in case he woke up and found her dead next to him.

    The rocker's manager wife successfully overcame colon cancer after nine months of traumatic treatment that left Ozzy an emotional mess.

    He explains, "It's a miracle she is alive today, I thought she was going to die.

    "I slept on the sofa while she went through her treatment. I had this terrible fear I would wake in the morning and find her lying dead next to me. It was horrible. I couldn't bear it. The thought of finding her gone was too much for me."

    Photo Copyright Getty Images


    Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2005
    It would be very difficult to go through, finding your wife next to you dead. However, If I was put in that situation, I don't think I could do that to my wife. This is a time your wife needs you. Turning your back on her through such a terrible ordeal is cowardly. I consider it somewhat selfish on his part. C'mon he's suppose to be the "man" right?
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

    February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

  7. #7
    Beloved Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.16.99
    Posts
    16,192
    Last Online

    02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    What a complete piece of shit. If I wouldn't be there at my wife's worst moment, I shouldn't be with her. Try a character check!

  8. #8
    Sinner's Swing! racefan8's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.27.05
    Age
    35
    Location
    To Hell and back ~ 26.2 miles
    Posts
    3,515
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axebrian
    It would be very difficult to go through, finding your wife next to you dead. However, If I was put in that situation, I don't think I could do that to my wife. This is a time your wife needs you. Turning your back on her through such a terrible ordeal is cowardly. I consider it somewhat selfish on his part. C'mon he's suppose to be the "man" right?
    That's exactly what I was thinking - coward and selfish. She needs love and support.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk stilleddiesangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.04
    Location
    A Brit in Texas
    Posts
    9,106
    Favorite VH Album

    Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Likes
    82
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Some pretty harsh stuff said here.. but until you've been thru it you don't know what you'd do. Ozzy was with her all the time.. he just said he didn't sleep in bed with her. He worships the grounds she walks on.. that is obvious. Some folk just cope with things better than others.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Hot For Teacher Rat Salade's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.05.04
    Location
    Montreal Canada
    Posts
    281
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 09:04 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 7 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    What a complete piece of shit. If I wouldn't be there at my wife's worst moment, I shouldn't be with her. Try a character check!

    He is not that at all.

    This guy loves her, he would die without her.
    Ozzy is just very fucked up after years of drugs, he once stated "i couldn't even watch the news without crying at unfortunate events"

    He also takes Prozzak, so for not sleeping next to wife, that doesn't mean he doesn't care about her.

  11. #11
    Sinner's Swing! Sunya's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.01
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    3,053
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel
    Ozzy is in such a state these days I dont think he could cope without Sharon.. he'd simply self destruct and fall apart. She's what holds him together. I can understand his fears but that tends to be a male thing. Women work differently. They can handle the pain of watching people suffer and nurse them. Men, IMO want to fix things, make things right, and when they cant, it's very hard. Thats not a bad thing, just different. My Dad couldn't cope when my mom was dying at home. He wanted to do something but there was nothing he could do and that drove him nuts.
    This is true. And Oz is a total mess. And we aren't walking in his shoes.

    And Rat I can see your points. But Prozak is to calm a person to help them cope not make them worse.

    To wake up beside someone dead is unimaginable at best and I feel abadly for what he was going thru. And I know she means the world to Oz.

    It's hard to know what we would do in his place. But I know I wouldn't leave my husband's side. And I know that there are those of you strong enough to know you would not leave your wives side.

    My first response is to call him a coward. But then I do have to step back and remember what a total mess that whole family is. So who knows WTH with that bunch. One thing is very clear. Oz is so messed up he doesn't know what would happen if she wasn't there anymore. And heaven forbid if he was left in the hands of those kids of his. And if I think about it the shock of waking up and she was dead next to him. I think that would probably push what little of what is left of his mind over the edge. So I do understand that line of thinking for him. He couldn't walk in and find her either. Mentally he couldn't take that either.

    The kindest thing that could ever happen to Oz is nothing would ever happen to leave him standing with out Sharon.
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain


    There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

  12. #12
    Beloved Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.16.99
    Posts
    16,192
    Last Online

    02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    Default

    This guy loves her, he would die without her.
    Yup, and if she died, it would have been WITHOUT him. That's just fucking shitty. Ozzy is fucked up from drugs, you're right. He's also a fucked up husband and friend.

    By the way, was Sharon ever so bad that she was near death? I didn't think so. She went through treatments, and quite possibly had some bad side effects from that, but near death?

    My wife slept with her mother when she was in the last month of her life, dying at home of cancer, because she was too far gone to do anything for herself. Her mother could have died at any minute. Seeing my wife go through that was awesome, and in selfish moments I became aware of the fact that she could take that strain if that disease (or any other) ever afflicted me.

    I'd sleep in the spare room knowing that? Not fucking likely!

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk stilleddiesangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.04
    Location
    A Brit in Texas
    Posts
    9,106
    Favorite VH Album

    Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Likes
    82
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Yup, and if she died, it would have been WITHOUT him. That's just fucking shitty. Ozzy is fucked up from drugs, you're right. He's also a fucked up husband and friend.

    By the way, was Sharon ever so bad that she was near death? I didn't think so. She went through treatments, and quite possibly had some bad side effects from that, but near death?

    My wife slept with her mother when she was in the last month of her life, dying at home of cancer, because she was too far gone to do anything for herself. Her mother could have died at any minute. Seeing my wife go through that was awesome, and in selfish moments I became aware of the fact that she could take that strain if that disease (or any other) ever afflicted me.

    I'd sleep in the spare room knowing that? Not fucking likely!
    I wouldn't imagine that you wouldn't Glenn. It's very obvious that you are a devoted husband and have great strength of character. As I mentioned previously, a lot of people don't. And it's not because they dont love their close ones, it's just that not everyone can handle stuff like this. We aren't all the same and until I had to watch my mother die, I never understood. My mother had to have a bed made u in the living room cos she couldn't take the stairs, but my dad sat in a chair with her. It broke him. He lasted only 18 months after.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #14
    Eruption markp's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.20.03
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    1,079
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    06.08.17 @ 10:06 AM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    No I would not do this to my wife. Even if I knew for certain that she was going to pass on a certain night, I feel like it would be completely selfish and I would regret it immensely. Tough call for anybody I guess.

  15. #15
    Niners Fan! SactoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.00
    Age
    47
    Location
    The Tiki Bar...
    Posts
    9,524
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    6
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    When I got married, I remember the "for better or worse" part...Ozzy is a self-absorbed asshole and Glenn had it right...100% chickenshit!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. My Wife and I are Having a Baby!!!
    By BradS in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05.30.06, 08:39 AM
  2. My wife and I bought a house!!
    By msr316 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08.30.05, 01:06 PM
  3. I dare you to ask your wife...
    By Bigdaddy_14 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06.07.05, 07:31 PM
  4. My wife bought me a Wolfgang!
    By gtrhead4life in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11.27.01, 08:00 PM
  5. My wife said........
    By Bob_R in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11.08.01, 09:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •