Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:21 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Default Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed!!!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275p1.html

or

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09...s_6133335.html

or

any other gaming site you know of i'm sure

honestly it sounds pretty cool. I'm excited and from what I've read nothing on it sounds like a step back from traditional functionality. the possibilities are exciting to think about. what do you think?

they say its very comfortable and intuitive.....it looks kinda odd so it's hard to see how that's true but they're the ones who've tested it out so i'm gonna trust that.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

still owns all.

Last Online

05.31.12 @ 11:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I still prefer PONG!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:04 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

That settles it, I'm getting a PS3.

What in the F^%& is Nintendo thinking. No one is going to have any idea what the hell to do with that thing. Besides that, game developers are not going to jump on board because even if they have an idea that could use that stupid contraption, it won't be polished enough to worth while. See Nintendo DS. Nintendogs?? Are you kidding me?? The idea is revolutionary to be different, not to be BETTER.

Nintendo is a Japanese based company, and in Japan, they are only concerned with gadgets, not necessarily funcitonality. Because of that mindset, they just killed all the progress they made in America over the last 20 years. Right about this time, "Reggie" of Nintendo America is on the phone screaming at all of the developers in Japan, only to get off the phone with a big smile and pull the company line of "revolution." Idiots.

This is the fastest growing entertainment industry, and Nintendo continually shows they have no idea what a business trend is. While gamers are getting older, their games are getting simpler and more juvenile. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE AND WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE ORIGINAL NINTENDO FUN??
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4
    That settles it, I'm getting a PS3.

What in the F^%& is Nintendo thinking. No one is going to have any idea what the hell to do with that thing. Besides that, game developers are not going to jump on board because even if they have an idea that could use that stupid contraption, it won't be polished enough to worth while. See Nintendo DS. Nintendogs?? Are you kidding me?? The idea is revolutionary to be different, not to be BETTER.

Nintendo is a Japanese based company, and in Japan, they are only concerned with gadgets, not necessarily funcitonality. Because of that mindset, they just killed all the progress they made in America over the last 20 years. Right about this time, "Reggie" of Nintendo America is on the phone screaming at all of the developers in Japan, only to get off the phone with a big smile and pull the company line of "revolution." Idiots.

This is the fastest growing entertainment industry, and Nintendo continually shows they have no idea what a business trend is. While gamers are getting older, their games are getting simpler and more juvenile. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE AND WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE ORIGINAL NINTENDO FUN??
    I know it looks confusing but the people who have tried it hands-on have said its rather intuitive and it wont be hard to pick up.

And nintendogs is a big hit either way. I don't have it ...I don't even have a DS....but I've read its pretty big.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

pretty much all of them
    Last Online

04.02.13 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nintendo has truly lost their minds.

Some kind of funky ass remote control for one hand and a seperate analog stick for the other?

Terrible idea.

The 3rd party controllers will make millions of dollars because of this.
    What do you mean i dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday!

Favorite VH Album

Balance-F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.06.08 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Check it out! The controller may have it's uses...

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:16 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how they'll implement targeting systems, etc. with this unit. I've heard it will be phenomenal with that in particular.

What confuses me is this: I was looking forward to playing the classics on this, but I don't even know how I'd play Super Mario Bros.

I like the B button as a trigger. That's cool. I see that you can run right/left while pulling the B trigger so as to sprint. Great. But then how in the hell do you jump???

Do you take your thumb OFF of the D-Pad and push "A"?

Do you jerk your wrist upwards, and let the sensors do their magic? Because if that's how it works, it's going to be not only an accuracy nightmare, but damn repetitive motion nightmare. I've gone as long as 3 months without even OPENING my guitar case in the past due to repetitive strain issues.

The last thing I need to be doing is jerking my wrist up making Mario jump. And if that's NOT how it works, then explain to me how you take your thumb off the D-Pad. It makes no sense.

So much for playing Super Mario, Metroid, Punch-Out etc. on the big screen again.

People don't WANT the system to "sense" how people are holding their controllers. Half the time I'm wiggling in my chair, shouting, etc. If you've ever sat on the couch behind 3 people playing Mario Kart, you know that their whole bodies are practically "steering" within their chairs.

This has me irritated. This should be an optional controller, and not the base controller, especially since half the people who were looking forward to the Revolution were looking forward to having a GameCube, N64, Super Nintendo, and NES wrapped up into one.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

OK, I'm officially an idiot.

To play the original games, just turn it sideways. You've got your D-pad, and both B & A buttons.

Yes, I'm a moron. Please don't stare.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the video makes me hate it even more. not that i'd ever buy anything made by Nintendo anyways...

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651224p1.html

The Revolution's main peripheral, shaped like a stylized remote control, acts like a quasi-virtual wand. Motion sensors packed with the unit are placed atop the player's television screen and the device's every movement is ready and interpreted in the games. The pointer, as we've dubbed it, can influence positioning, targeting, depth and motion in Revolution software. Meanwhile, secondary attachments such as an analog stick can be plugged in for added functionality in tomorrow's hit Nintendo titles.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber
    the video makes me hate it even more. not that i'd ever buy anything made by Nintendo anyways...
    You must be quite young then.....anybody who was growing up in the late 80's and early 90's will always have a special place somewhere down there for nintendo....in some form or fashion..and Nintendo has always been the biggest innovator in the video game industry.....whether this succeeds or fails they're always trying to innovate instead of just trying to improve whats already there. and thats admirable. either way i'm really looking forward to this.
    Last edited by OnTheInside1985; 09.17.05 at 02:24 PM.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

young? i'm 37. i stopped after Colecovision and C64. have no interest in a controller with fifty fucking buttons.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber
    young? i'm 37. i stopped after Colecovision and C64. have no interest in a controller with fifty fucking buttons.
    HERE! HERE!
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton