Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

05.23.09 @ 06:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Crue Fans win again

I was just reading an article talking about the new Motley Crue DVD that is coming out by the end of the year. It is from this tour and is going to have over 100 minutes of extra footage. So the Motley Crue fans win again. Sometimes I wish I was a die hard Crue fan then I would get everything I want. Where the hell is our DVD. Motley Crue's concerts sold better and the tickets were cheaper. The people that payed what we did for a "five star package of sorts" actually got to meet the band. The fans in Austrailia don't get screwed and get to see their band towards the end of the year. They are working on a new album right now. And now they are going to get a kick ass DVD. I saw a Motley Crue show and Van Halen was by far a better performance and I realize that Van Halen is a bigger and better band then Motley Crue, but, it is better to be a Motley Crue fan right now then Van Halen fan.
    Last edited by Hagar4ever; 09.13.05 at 07:03 AM.

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

remember one thing buddy, vh doesnt need pyro or other stage props to entertain its audience. they hit the stage like a full blown military invasion . their shows are like roller coasters you never know what to expect. you cant compare motley shows vs. vh shows . maybe you need to watch live without a net . i think the smoke and the pyro along with the circus back ground confused you.

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lal5150
    remember one thing buddy, vh doesnt need pyro or other stage props to entertain its audience. they hit the stage like a full blown military invasion . their shows are like roller coasters you never know what to expect. you cant compare motley shows vs. vh shows . maybe you need to watch live without a net . i think the smoke and the pyro along with the circus back ground confused you.
    Look I am a die hard VH fan, but I just saw da Crue and pyro or not, it was definately a better show. The vibe they put off was one of true appreciation.
    It was a great entertaining show.

Last years tour was more like a fukll blown invasion of Boyscouts. Now, other tours...thats another ball of wax as my 8th gtrade science teacher used to say.

Last Online

08.02.10 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar4ever
    ..................but, it is better to be a Motley Crue fan right now then Van Halen fan.
    Even through the multiple seasons of "As The Van Halen World Turns", I can still listen to CD's, watch videos, etc. etc. etc., I can still relect on the insignificance that IS Motley Crue.

(I know, to each their own)
    BACK FROM IRAQ!
    OIF II SEPT 17, 2004 -APR 30, 2005

Last Online

07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think his point was fans being pleased, not a comparison of bands. I haven't seen a VH roller coaster show in a long time. I think you made his point even better for him...the dvd you mentioned is a show almost 20 years old...nothing new in a long time...

VH should take note and make money like Kiss and the other bands of their era...It would not be "selling out"...VH has passed that point and it is a little late for that...you don't call it selling out when they are way passed the glory days.

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

point well taken , i spoke from the heart defending the band i love . but i still say motley is all pyro and smoke . and if that is what people call a good show. then ........ thats their opinion. so be it . but i wish every one could see the dvd from the 9/11/04 show in ft.lauderdale . the boys were on fire that night and they where untouchable that night.......

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blount5150
    I think his point was fans being pleased, not a comparison of bands. I haven't seen a VH roller coaster show in a long time. I think you made his point even better for him...the dvd you mentioned is a show almost 20 years old...nothing new in a long time...
    No shit... It's about the product available to the fans, not a "my band is better than your band" piss-fest...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Crossing over
    Last Online

04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

its all about frustration, wheter it be crue, U2, hell, it could be the beachboys, VH doesnt exactly roll out the product as they once did, we got spolied and now have to settle for scraps.
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

lets find the fan who got motley back together and basically created the tour by word of mouth and see if he can do the same with vh. lets just hope vh dosnt release the same greatest hits package over and over like motley . when i see the new moltley album i'll believe it. did you hear motley redid home sweet home with singer of licin park or whatever they are called.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

VH needs to throw us a bone!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

04.12.16 @ 04:42 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts

Based on all the Ed interviews I've read and seen, I think he hates the idea of the KISS-like approach to packaging and merchandising the past. (The two greatest-hits releases does suggest that the brothers can be persuaded to change their minds to a certain extent, though). I'm also fairly certain that the other big reason we'll never see an official release of a Roth-era concert DVD is because they think Dave's live vocal performances weren't consistent enough, and it's a little too late to "fix" them in the studio at this point.

I am a little surprised we haven't yet seen an official DVD of last year's tour, though.
    "..Stare at disbelief at me when I just up and walk...., OUTTA LOVE!"--DLR, Outta Love Again

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

It doesn't make sense that VH didn't release a live DVD of last years tour. I like Motley, but I would trade 10 Motley live DVD's for one new Van Halen live DVD.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

but i still say motley is all pyro and smoke . and if that is what people call a good show. then ........ thats their opinion. so be it . but i wish every one could see the dvd from the 9/11/04 show in ft.lauderdale . the boys were on fire that night and they where untouchable that night.......
    Yeah, but the thing is every show was nearly identical...so is choreography acceptable to the point that I could tell ya(espeially early in the tour) who was gonna stand where and the obligatory Ed saying he was just gonna fuck around and he hopes he doesn't fall flat on his face. Sammy saying its been too long and next time will be sooner, etc.

Look I saw my share of shows, and with a year to digest it, the tour just sucked. I probably would say the same thing if I saw the Crue that many times too though, but at least their show feels like a circus...it rocked.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.20.09 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hate to say it..but Motley outperforms VH 10 to 1. Not with musicianship..but by band chemistry. And they hate each other. So that doesn't fly with me about VH not getting along. If they wanted to do it, they would. $500,000 per week, per member for two years can make ANYBODY get along. But VH couldn't get that kind of money...there is no danger about them. Thats exactly what Motley has in the bag. Nobody knows what is going to happen from one night to the next. VH's only chance, and I would never have admitted this before, is David Lee Roth. Nobody is interested in Sammy anymore(from a VH standpoint). Don't get me wrong..I love Sammy, he is a great guy, but DLR is the only way back to the top for these guys.
    "Who tha' F@*$ is Eddie Van Halen?"...scratch that..
    "WHERE tha' Fuck is Eddie Van Halen?"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/Mean Streets/Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    No shit... It's about the product available to the fans, not a "my band is better than your band" piss-fest...
    My dad can beat up your dad.