Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Banned!
    Last Online

04.29.07 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Everyone's EVH guitars

I have to say that EVERYONe's EVH style guitars are so awsome!! I wanna join the action and need some help in building my own, i need info from,
    strings, pick-ups, etc, sounding wise, i'm going for the "unchained" sound, since that is my favorite album, i see alot fo ppl use a Fender Strat and just make modifications to it, would that be a option for me? and how much in parts would it cost to do this, besides the guitar? thank's for your help everyone

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Believe it or not-
    I'm slowly building up an "Unchained" guitar. I've bought the neck and body from Warmoth (A GREAT start for this project). I know my guitar is not going to be exact, as it has been impossible to find exact specs for this guitar, as well as pics of the back of the sucker! Some people may scoff at what I have but I went with an Alder body, one humbucker route-set up like the Wolfgang/EBMM route. Being the Unchained guitar had a front loading amp cable load (unlike the 5150 where you plug the cable into the guitar on the side of the bottom of the body), I went with that route, and the volume knob will be a bit lower than usual, due to the fact Eddie had his lower on this guitar. Floyd Rose is a must, and I will be getting a D-Tuna, even though Eddie never had one back in the day-however, he used a lot of D tuning on Fair Warning.
    Shaller Tuning pegs (I don't think I've ever seen Eddie NOT use 'em), and I bought a maple Warmoth neck, Wolfgang profile on the back, Quartersawn. Most of Eddies guitars, if not all DO NOT HAVE FINISH on the necks. I chose to get a satin finish on my neck. Its sealed, but doesn't exactly feel like it.
    I've never gotten an exact answer as to what Pickup Eddie is using. Some say it was a custom pickup made by Seymore Duncan, some say it was a '59...I say I'm probably gonna do a '59, as I seem to have heard more people point to that pickup. Hope some of this helps. -Red43j
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Banned!
    Last Online

04.29.07 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow, that's alot of info!! thank's man.... I appriciate it, I was thinking about getting a fender strat and converting it, would that be a good idea you think? I don't wanna reviel what paint job I am going with, a surprise to everyone IF the guitar comes out ok, i will show it... ha ha
    I know it's going to be very different then what you see, same ole red white and blk! NOT me. noway

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Not to be a dick but there's a sticky thread at the top of the main guitar forum page that is meant for this type of convo, closing.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium