Thread: Four!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

03.12.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Since it really doesn't seem like we will hear anything anytime soon (because of no label, no singer, and Ed's staying at home with Wolfie until schools out).

Let me pose the follwing question to all in The Forum...

If Van Halen were to choose a 4th singer, who would be a good fit? (Note: try a be a little creative here, no Dave or Sammy replies, please)

Without judging anyone on their prior musical experiences I have a number of names I like/dislike as possibilities. They are, in no particular order...

Gary Cherone: if they would have just let the guy sing like he did on such Extreme classics as "Decadence Dance" and "Rest In Peace" the last CD would have been a lot better.

Michael Anthony: we all know Mikey can sing, and hey if you kept finding that you couldn't get along with your lead signer(s) why not switch gears and become a trio, and let your main background singer become your lead singer.

Kip Winger: I don't care if he's the guy who sang "She's only 17" he is also the guy who sings a great song called "Who's The One". The guy has talent plain and simple.

Sebastian Bach: This son-of-a-bitch can wail on lead vocals, although he may be a grand candidate for "Lead-Singer Disease".

Mitch Malloy: he's virtually unknown, if he can sign and would be open to singing all eras live, than why not?

David Coverdale: Hell no! Absolutely never. I liked Whitesnake and all, but it would be disasterous. DC would not be a good frontman for VH.

I look forward to your responses, especially because like this seems like the most plausable situation for the band in the future.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's easy....DAVE OR THE GRAVE! Got it?
    "Oh come on mom. You know I'm not like the other guys. I'm nervous and my socks are too loose."-WALDO-

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

06.26.16 @ 08:41 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Premium Member
    I dont know who would be a good 4th singer, but if they went this route, please, please dont call the band Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 04:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

Actually, if Sammy or Dave don't come back on a permanent basis, I'd like to see Edward & Co. do an album with some guests like Mick Jagger is seeing success with and Santana has done. Then if they wanted to tour, Mike could handle vocals. I just couldn't see some dude from a hair band in the 80s taking the lead in front of that band any more than a woman. I thought Gary was pretty damn good with the classic tunes in concert and I was really surprised and a bit disappointed that they didn't allow him a sophomore effort. The only guy that comes to my mind otherwise is Jerry Cantrell. Unfortunately, I think AIC has bit the dust for good and not only is he a great guitarist, he can write and sing too. The only drawback there is having two gunslingers in the same outfit. I think Vince Neil is looking for a job, but if Ed can't stand Dave, then I think he'd have a hard time with Vince.
    Could this be magic?

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The only 4th singer who can save this ship is me. Sadly, the band seems perfectly willing to let the opportunity slip through their fingers.

I'm going to send this thread to the Opinions/Speculation forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]