Register
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Update: Woman that cut baby's arms off..

I'm sure some of you rememeber this story, here's an update....

Accused Plano mom won't face death
    Plano: Schlosser's attorney planning insanity defense

11:48 AM CDT on Thursday, September 1, 2005

By TIARA M. ELLIS / The Dallas Morning News

A Plano mother accused of severing her 10-month-old daughter's arms will not face the death penalty when tried next year, according to Collin County district attorney's office officials.

Dena Schlosser, 36, remains in the Collin County jail facing a capital murder charge in Margaret Schlosser's death.

"Based on everything we know about this case, we just don't think this is a case for the death penalty," said Collin County Assistant District Attorney Curtis Howard.

Ms. Schlosser's attorney, David Haynes, said he was happy with the decision.

"Any time you have a client that was about to be put on trial for her life and isn't, that's a good development."

In November, police responding to a 911 call arrived at the Plano apartment Ms. Schlosser shared with her husband, John, and their three children. She held a knife and told police that she had cut off Margaret's arms. The child was found in a bedroom and whisked to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Ms. Schlosser had been diagnosed with postpartum psychosis. She was found incompetent to stand trial in February after a jury determined she was unable to assist with her own defense.

Then Ms. Schlosser was treated at North Texas State Hospital in Vernon until her competency was declared restored in late May. Not long afterward, she was returned to the Collin County Jail.

Mr. Haynes said that he last saw Ms. Schlosser on Monday and that she continues to improve.

This week, Mr. Haynes filed paperwork declaring his intent to raise an insanity defense.

"We believe that we have strong evidence to indicate that she was insane at the time of the offense," Mr. Haynes said.

The day before Margaret's death, Ms. Schlosser reportedly told her husband that she wanted to give her daughter "to God." Ms. Schlosser's stepfather and mother, Mick and Connie Macaulay, have said Ms. Schlosser's mental state combined with her fervent religious beliefs and obsession with her church's charismatic leader led her to harm her youngest daughter.

Doyle Davidson, leader of Water of Life Church in Plano, is a self-proclaimed prophet who preaches that women have a "Jezebel spirit" and must submit to their husbands. He has said he has been blamed unfairly and does not manipulate people.

The Macaulays, who live in Canada, could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

Mr. Schlosser has custody of the couple's two older daughters and has filed for divorce. Mr. Schlosser could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

But his attorney, Howard Shapiro, said his client is pleased Ms. Schlosser won't face the death penalty. But Mr. Schlosser does not want her to have access to their daughters, Mr. Shapiro said.

"We don't have any desire that she be put to death," Mr. Shapiro said. "That wasn't the real Dena Schlosser that did what she did that day. Putting her to death won't solve any of the issues of that day ... probably harm them [their daughters] more than anything else."

A trial date is expected to be scheduled for February, said Mr. Howard, the prosecutor.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

To paraphrase Ambrose Bierce, temporary insanity should be a capitol offense.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Not heard about this before.. but I gotta tell you, I think I'm gonna throw up!!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

the fucking whore should die...IMHO.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

This is completely fucked up.......
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

im not even gonna type what i think of this disgusting person (i know, i know, not the right word usage)
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you don’t have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Don’t forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Last Online

06.23.07 @ 07:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisca
    Na, just somehow force her to cut her own arms off...using the old George Carlin suggestion...using an olive fork. People like this shouldn't die. They should just be horribly tortured day and night until they die.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sisca
    Fucking - A!

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G3fan
    Na, just somehow force her to cut her own arms off...using the old George Carlin suggestion...using an olive fork. People like this shouldn't die. They should just be horribly tortured day and night until they die.

**nods yes**
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you don’t have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Don’t forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Texas woman charged in gruesome murder of baby daughter

Texas woman charged in gruesome murder of baby daughter
    courttv.com; AP | Updated Nov. 23, 2004, 8:24 a.m. ET | AP

PLANO, Texas (AP) — With a calm and dispassionate voice and a hymn playing in the background, Dena Schlosser confessed to the unthinkable, telling a 911 operator she'd cut off the arms of her baby girl.

The woman was sitting in her living room covered with blood when police arrived Monday. Her nearly 11-month-old daughter lay fatally injured in a crib in a bedroom of the family's apartment in Plano. The child died shortly afterward at a nearby hospital.

Police have charged the 35-year-old mother with capital murder, but declined to reveal where she is being held.

Schlosser, who had a history of postpartum depression, had been investigated on child neglect allegations earlier this year, but Texas Child Protective Services had recently closed a seven-month investigation, concluding that Schlosser did not pose a risk to her children. Neighbors said she seemed to be a loving, attentive mother.

"There were never any indications of violence with this family," agency spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said. "The children had always been healthy, happy and cared for."

But, on Monday, authorities discovered a grisly scene at the family's apartment after the child's father called a day-care center, and asked them to check on his wife and daughter.

Day-care workers called 911 after talking to the mother; an operator then called Schlosser.

Asked if there was an emergency, Schlosser calmly responded "Yes," according to 911 tapes released by police.

"Exactly what happened?" the 911 operator asked.

"I cut her arms off," Schlosser replied, as the hymn "He Touched Me" played in the background.

"You cut her arms off?" he repeated.

"Uh huh," she answered.

It was not immediately clear what instrument was used to sever the baby's arms or why the child's father called a day-care center to check on his family.

Schlosser lived at the apartment with other family members, including her two older daughters. Authorities said the girls, ages 6 and 9, were at school when police arrived, and that their father was at work.

No one answered the door Monday night at the family's apartment in suburban Dallas. Children's bicycles rested near the entrance along with angel garden statues.

Neighbors said Schlosser took her children swimming in the summer, had picnics in the courtyard and walked her baby around the complex the same time each afternoon.

Dena Livingston, 43, said she saw Schlosser making her rounds with the stroller on Sunday. Two days earlier, she saw Schlosser waiting with the baby outside the elementary school where her two other daughters attend.

"She didn't give off like she was in a distant world or didn't care about the baby," Livingston said.

Livingston's husband, Brad, added: "To see her with the girls, you would just think she was a great mother."

Child-protective officials were interviewing Schlosser's daughters and would talk to the father before deciding whether to remove the girls from the home.

In January, the agency was called to the home after Schlosser was seen running down the street, with one of her daughters bicycling after her, authorities said. When officials arrived, the child told them her mother had left her 6-day-old sister alone in the apartment.

Schlosser appeared at the time to be suffering from postpartum depression and having a psychotic episode, Gonzales said.

Schlosser was hospitalized, and later agreed to seek counseling and saw a psychiatrist, Gonzales said.

"At the time we closed the case, we had been assured that Mom was stabilized and that she was not a risk to herself or her children," Geoff Wool, spokesman for the Family and Protective Services Department, said.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That poor baby ::-(~:
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phatie
    "At the time we closed the case, we had been assured that Mom was stabilized and that she was not a risk to herself or her children," Geoff Wool, spokesman for the Family and Protective Services Department, said.
    There's a big failure of the system.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Plano mom's trial is ended
    Mistrial declared after 1 juror says he won't change mind on guilt

09:16 PM CST on Saturday, February 25, 2006
    By JENNIFER EMILY / The Dallas Morning News

Editor's note: This story contains graphic details.

McKINNEY – Dena Schlosser's capital murder trial ended in a hung jury Saturday, with one juror firmly against 10 others who had concluded she was not guilty by reason of insanity and one panelist who would not decide.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake, WCTBL, Humans Being
    Last Online

08.28.09 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G3fan
    Agreed!!

"It's 5150 Time"

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Update 6 years later:

Mother who killed her child found working in area Walmart

DALLAS - This past weekend, one Terrell Walmart shopper snapped a photo of a checkout cashier whose face she found familiar. Hours later, her suspicions were confirmed.

She had just encountered one of the most notorious characters in North Texas of the past decade: Dena Schlosser, the former Collin County mother who in 2004, used a knife to sever her 10-month-old daughter's arms during a religious frenzy. She said God had told her to.

"I cut her arms off," Schlosser told a police dispatcher in November 2004.
    "You cut her arms off?" he asked. "Mmmhmm," she repeated.

Schlosser was diagnosed with postpartum psychosis.

In 2006, a judge found Schlosser not guilty, by reason of insanity. She was put in a mental institution.

In 2008, the judge, based on doctors' recommendations, agreed to let Schlosser out of the institution as an outpatient. She had to follow strict guidelines, but she got a job. She was working when the outpatient status was revoked in 2010. She was then re-institutionalized at Terrell State Hospital. She is now back on outpatient status.

In late June, she was hired by Walmart as a store associate.

But psychiatrists have declared her not to be a risk.

Still, word spread quickly on the Internet, and area residents we talked with expressed concerns.

“For her to be in the hospital for such a short time, and then have the freedom that you and I enjoy, after what she did, I think is a shame and there should be an outcry from the public,” said Natalie Elmoghrabi, a former Terrell resident who was in town for the day.

Others expressed disappointment in Walmart for hiring someone who committed such an act.

"I think they would have delved farther into, or something wasn't disclosed maybe,” said Kaufman resident Rebecca Rodden. “Maybe Walmart just doesn’t know.”

Late Monday, Walmart confirmed that Schlosser, going now by the name Laettner, was hired in June.

"Mrs. Laettner is no longer employed by the company," said Lorenzo Lopez, a Walmart spokesman.

Lopez defended Walmart’s employment of Schlosser.

"All associates must pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment,” Lopez said. “If a charge does not result in a conviction, then we have no way of knowing an applicant’s previous criminal charges."

They fired Schlosser sometime before Monday.

As to why the state has cleared Schlosser to mix with the general population, Department of State Health Services officials say patients are thoroughly assessed before a judge grants permission for their work release.

Former Dallas County prosecutor Toby Shook did not try the Schlosser case.
    The crime happened in Collin County, but Shook has had decades of trial experience. He said because Schlosser has no felony conviction to a point, "she has the same rights as everyone else, though the judge will always retain jurisdiction."

"Just like you might have a relative committed that's become mentally unbalanced if they prove to be dangerous, it's the same criteria in this case," he said. "Primarily, what a judge has to rely on are the doctors that are taking care of the person and any other experts that can give reports and testimony at a hearing."

Shook said it's understandable why some would feel uneasy about Schlosser's employment.

"You have a horrible, horrible crime that occurred," he said. "You naturally want that person brought to justice or locked up for the rest of their lives, but that person is suffering from a mental disease. They weren't acting in their right mind."

"So we've reached this compromise in the law where they're found not guilty," Shook continued. "They're not legally responsible, but a judge retains jurisdiction, so that hopefully society can be protected from something like this happening again."

The State of Texas said the goal for patients in mental care facilities is for them to get better, so as they progress, they are given opportunities to re-integrate with society.

Shook said because Schlosser was found not guilty, she still has freedom, but a judge will always determine how much.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton