Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

02.12.13 @ 02:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Black Sabbath's "Iron Man"--how'd they do the vocal effect at the beginning?

I've been listening to "Iron Man" tonight trying to figure out how they produced the "I AM IRON MAN" vocal effect at the beginning of the song. I remember my brother and me trying to duplicate it with by speaking, er growling the line into a large floor fan with metal blades (also good for bad Darth Vader impressions), but alas it never quite measured up to the real thing. Anyone know how they pulled it off?
    "With me in the band, it's one of those miraculous 97-97 deals. It's 97 percent you and 97 percent moi. Is it Mick or Keith? I don't know" -DLR

"We eventually started playing clubs, and we also did weddings. We played everything from the Ohio Players to K.C. & the Sunshine Band. You would love the sight of Van Halen doing 'Get Down Tonight'! But by the third set when everybody was good and tanked up--boy, we'd be blazin'!" -Michael Anthony

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just talk in a deep voice and fiddle your index finger up and down your lips Works great.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks