Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AS IS
    Last Online

05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default No longer is a funeral a sacred place for mourning.

We gots us a bunch of fucktards in the US of A.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/4909450/detail.html#

Mourners Enraged By Anti-Gay Protests At Soldiers' Funerals
    Preacher Says Soldiers Defend Country That Harbors Gays

POSTED: 10:57 am EDT August 29, 2005
    UPDATED: 2:38 pm EDT August 29, 2005

SMYRNA, Tenn. -- Members of a church say God is punishing American soldiers for defending a country that harbors gays, and they brought their anti-gay message to the funerals Saturday of two Tennessee soldiers killed in Iraq.

The church members were met with scorn from local residents. They chased the church members cars' down a highway, waving flags and screaming "God bless America."

"My husband is over there, so I'm here to show my support," 41-year-old Connie Ditmore said as she waved and American flag and as tears came to her eyes. "To do this at a funeral is disrespectful of a family, no matter what your beliefs are."

The Rev. Fred Phelps, founder of Westboro Baptist Church in, Topeka, Kan., contends that American soldiers are being killed in Iraq as vengeance from God for protecting a country that harbors gays. The church, which is not affiliated with a larger denomination, is made up mostly of Phelps' children, grandchildren and in-laws.

The church members carried signs and shouted things such as "God hates fags" and "God hates you."

About 10 church members protested near Smyrna United Methodist Church and nearly 20 stood outside the National Guard Armory in Ashland City. Members have demonstrated at other soldier funerals across the nation.

The funerals were for Staff Sgt. Asbury Fred Hawn II, 35, in Smyrna and Spc. Gary Reese Jr., 22, in Ashland City. Both were members of the Tennessee National Guard.

Hundreds of Smyrna and Ashland City residents and families of other soldiers turned out at both sites to counter the message the Westboro Baptist members brought.

So many counterdemonstrators were gathered in Ashland City that police, sheriff's deputies and state troopers were brought in to control traffic and protect the protesters.

The church members held protesting permits, and counterprotesters in Smyrna turned their backs to Westboro Baptist members until time expired on the protest permits.

"If they were protesting the government, I might even join them," Danny Cotton, 56, said amid cries of "get out of our town" and "get out of our country."

"But for them to come during the worst time for this family - it's just wrong."
    -----HuBBs5150-----

"Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

What is GamingVision?

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

This ass has no respect at all. Show a little decency.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

F*d up.

So much for organized religion. What kind of religion teaches people to judge everyone else like that, and to disrespect the family of a fallen soldier who died to protect these a-holes and their g/d free speech?? That's not religion.

Truly sickening.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

That is sickening. If I were there, I think I would be jailed for what I would do to those assholes.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc
    So much for organized religion.
    That's not organized religion...that's some freakshow wannabe and his family of inbreds from KS traveling around the country screwing up funerals

Quote Originally Posted by HuBBs5150
    The church, which is not affiliated with a larger denomination, is made up mostly of Phelps' children, grandchildren and in-laws.
    The cops should move them to New Orleans.
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

5150 from LWAN
    Last Online

11.01.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

These jackoffs have been doing this for months. I think there have been a few other threads about it. How people can act this way is disgusting beyond words.
    "You will respect my authoritah!" Ptl.Cartman

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

I'm seriously amazed nobody has taken any shots at these people while they do their protesting...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen
    That is sickening. If I were there, I think I would be jailed for what I would do to those assholes.

I was thinking along the lines of each of us saving our own urine in milk containers for a short period of time.

When these fuck-sticks show up again, we should embrace them with a nice refreshing "golden shower".

Yes, it's a disgusting notion, yet they drew first blood, and one at times must fight fire with fire.

Repulsive behavior.

...craig
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen
    I think I would be jailed for what I would do to those assholes.
    I was thinking Zeo may have worded this a little better, LOL

I totally agree Chef, Repulsive indeed. I think those cops should have just let the counterdemonstrators have thier way with these cowardly homophobes instead of protecting them, maye then they'll get the hint that they need to find another way to be media whores.

Nice "church" by the way

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw
    I think those cops should have just let the counterdemonstrators have thier way with these cowardly homophobes instead of protecting them, maye then they'll get the hint that they need to find another way to be media whores.

Nice "church" by the way
    So the First Amendment only applies to the words we find tasteful or credible?

I think these people are total morons, too. However, they were not acting illegally. Free speech means even assholes get to shout from the rooftops.
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw
    I was thinking Zeo may have worded this a little better, LOL
    Yeah, well.......uh........ You're a sick pervert, Paw!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SactoFan
    Never said that at all....I guess you didn't pick up on the overexaggeration of solutions goin on here....

Like with Chef, I don't think he is REALLY gonna piss in milk containers and throw it....then again, anything is possible with Chef.

It's more about what we'd LIKE to do, rather than what can actually be done.

The cops have to do their job even if it means protecting scumbags like this.

I'm not saying the wackos don't have the right to protest, of course they do as long as they do it legally.
    Last edited by Greenpaw; 08.31.05 at 06:46 AM. Reason: God hates Edits

Last Online

01.17.16 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some one forgot to tell him, that Jesus LOVES everyone. Being gay may be sinful, but no one is without sin. What a horrible thing to do. Love people hate sin.
    "One volume knob and one pickup ? that's all there is to it. No fancy tone knobs over here!" -EVH

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SactoFan

I think these people are total morons, too. However, they were not acting illegally. Free speech means even assholes get to shout from the rooftops.
    Do not go there.

Free Speech does not mean yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater, when no threat exists.

What about the noble notion of being able to mourn one's dead? Since when did a cemetary become a forum to exercise free speech?

Citing free speech, what if someone said:" I cannot wait to shoot one of these fuck-stains in the forehead, then laugh out loudly and proclaim: Ha-ha, one of your "enlightened" followers of your sick parish got shot in the land of homo's!...When's the funeral, and where?"

These people are not opining freedom of speech, they are exalting hatred, in a most heinous(sp) and deplorable way.

Or is it ok for a group of pedophiles to hang out on your sidewalk during your daughters 8th birthday party, citing free speech?

"Up with pedophilia!" would/could be a marching cry, is anyone willing to defend that?

It's called "human decency". If it's concept escapes one, more is the pity.

...craig
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/Mean Streets/Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig
    Do not go there.

Free Speech does not mean yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater, when no threat exists.

What about the noble notion of being able to mourn one's dead? Since when did a cemetary become a forum to exercise free speech?

Citing free speech, what if someone said:" I cannot wait to shoot one of these fuck-stains in the forehead, then laugh out loudly and proclaim: Ha-ha, one of your "enlightened" followers of your sick parish got shot in the land of homo's!...When's the funeral, and where?"

These people are not opining freedom of speech, they are exalting hatred, in a most heinous(sp) and deplorable way.

Or is it ok for a group of pedophiles to hang out on your sidewalk during your daughters 8th birthday party, citing free speech?

"Up with pedophilia!" would/could be a marching cry, is anyone willing to defend that?

It's called "human decency". If it's concept escapes one, more is the pity.

...craig

I don't go to church anymore and things like this remind me why I
    don't.