Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save

Thread: Mitch Malloy

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After reading the recent interviews with Mitch Malloy, I am more ans more convinced that this would have worked better than Gary or the ill-fated reunion with Dave.Don`t get me wrong I want a full reunion with Dave above all else.But Mitch comes across as a decent bloke and he doesn`t bad mouth Ed like a certain two other singers I could mention, he actually points out what a genuine friendly guy Ed is, which is what Gary always said.So now we have 2 singers sayin it was Eds fault, and 2 singers claiming Ed`s a decent friendly chap.So who`s tellin the truth, we will probably never know.Mitch has a really good voice from the bits I have heard of it.So I think he would have been a good choice, and the fans would maybe have given it more of a chance if they hadn`t done the Dave/Mtv thing and just got a new singer in the first place.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think the nice/bad guy is impossible to compare in these different cases. Dave and Sammy are strong personalities with their own vision of how things should be. In addition Dave was there from the start and Sammy was highly successful with them.

Gary on the other hand doesn't seem to have been much more than a puppet joining a huge hire and fire corporation. I don't suppose he was ever an equal member of VH in any kind of legal sense. Of course he'd say nice things about Eddie while in the band....and he's been very silent since. Some rumours say he sued VH for breach of contract.

Mitch Malloy is a nobody who sensibly turned down a great gig given the circumstances. He's never had to deal with Eddie on tour or in 6 months of recording. It's much easier to be friends with (and namedrop) a famous musician in that situation.

And it appears that at one point all four of those guys were in Van Halen simultaneously...or almost. Given the history it's not surprising that Dave and Sammy would have more to be pissed off about.

Van Malloy=Van Cherone IMO

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

11.09.05 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VanRicardo:

How's the mother country? Are you the only VH fan out there? What's your history in England w/ VH? I've always heard that VH was a non-entity in England/Europe, and I'd be interested in your perspective...

------------------
    First six albums rule. In addition, the following represent the only two Y2K release in the world that are preventing me from losing it altogether waiting for the VH reunion.

Galactic Cowboys Let It Go
    King's X Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous

Later, VHDOF

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

van halen = dave...period

------------------
    when eddie van halen was 12 he spent long hours practicing fast finger movements, when he was 14 his parents bought him a guitar.

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

09.20.16 @ 04:26 PM
    Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts

Premium Member
    For anyone that gives a rats ass...

I recently downloaded a couple of MM songs from Scour and Napster, and while they are definately ballad type songs, i can see why Eddie would have considered him. He has got a really good voice. Sounds like he's not half bad at the guitar either.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whenever I see pictures of that dude I smell cheese. I am thankful I have 3 instead of an album with Malloy on it. I have no idea what Ed was thinking...that whole 96 deal keeps looking worse.

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!