Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sirius sat radio....rock is not dead!!!! (& the NFL!)

I went out and finally bought a Sirius radio.....and I have not turned it off since. All the Rock channels, new wave, and even the freaking NFL I can handle.

I thought R&R was dead....my local radio stations played the same old shit over & over, but nope. I was wrong. There is good, fresh stuff out there...it's on Sirius.

From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    I went out and finally bought a Sirius radio.....and I have not turned it off since. All the Rock channels, new wave, and even the freaking NFL I can handle.

I thought R&R was dead....my local radio stations played the same old shit over & over, but nope. I was wrong. There is good, fresh stuff out there...it's on Sirius.

Sirius sucks, the lil doggie company is loosing money left and right. Check out XM, with Baseball (who listens to football on the radio??!?). Also opie and Anthony on XM 202 is great too.

Some of my favorite XM Channels:

XM 8 - The 80's
    XM 41 - Boneyard (Hard Rock/Hair Bands)
    XM 46 - Top Tracks (Classic Rock)
    XM 47 - Ethel (Alternative)
    XM 48 - Squizz (New Rock)
    XM 54 - Lucy (Alternative Hits)
    XM 72 - Beyond Jazz (Acid Jazz music)
    XM 73 - Frank's Place (American Standards)
    XM 202 - High Voltage (Opie and Anthony; Ron and Fez)

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...I forgat to mention that Stern is coming to Sirius too. I'm happy with my decision!!!!

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

the fact xm has baseball keeps me split on which one to get, so I dont.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

I can't get off of NFL Radio. It's sick. Anyone who can suffer thru baseball on XM radio deserves whatever they get.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Good Enough namedmydaughterHALEN's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

vh II OR balance
    Favorite VH Song

damn near all of them!
    Last Online

04.19.17 @ 04:47 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

i love my sirius. i bought it for stern and i also get the nfl, which is good shit. maxim radio is pretty good too. great investment. i just took a road trip last week and adored the fact that i never had to change channels!

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay
    I can't get off of NFL Radio. It's sick. Anyone who can suffer thru baseball on XM radio deserves whatever they get.
    You can keep NFL radio, and the entire NFL games on Sirius since most people will be WATCHING their favorite teams on TV whereas baseball is made for radio. Also those who have sirius, good luck bro, since not only do you have to pay for howard "hoo hoo I invented 4 day work weeks, tell 'em fred" stern's 500 million dollar contract, you also get great programing such as Martha Stewart, and Richard Simmons.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian
    You can keep NFL radio, and the entire NFL games on Sirius since most people will be WATCHING their favorite teams on TV whereas baseball is made for radio. Also those who have sirius, good luck bro, since not only do you have to pay for howard "hoo hoo I invented 4 day work weeks, tell 'em fred" stern's 500 million dollar contract, you also get great programing such as Martha Stewart, and Richard Simmons.
    Bostonian....I sense a hatred of Sirius from you. Did you have a bad experience?!

I think there's a market for the NFL on sat radio....I'm not near a tv on Sundays so my fav teams local radio play by play is a blessing.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Hell, unless I have to run an errand, the last thing I'm listening to on the radio is an NFL game. I'm watching it. It's everything BUT the games that make NFL radio so awesome.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Bostonian....I sense a hatred of Sirius from you. Did you have a bad experience?!

I think there's a market for the NFL on sat radio....I'm not near a tv on Sundays so my fav teams local radio play by play is a blessing.

Well maybe a little The only market I can see for the NFL on sat radio is the NFL radio network and not the games. The games are a waste. Sirius is just a train wreck in waiting if you ask me.

Sirius is very repetitive in their music selection, wastes too much money on crap (Slim Shady radio, NFL Games, Howard, Martha Stewart, Richard Simmons, BBC 1 (7 hour delay!?!), and so on) I strongly believe in sat radio, but they are hemroging money, and their equipment is a generation or 2 behind XM..

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian
    Well maybe a little The only market I can see for the NFL on sat radio is the NFL radio network and not the games. The games are a waste. Sirius is just a train wreck in waiting if you ask me.

Sirius is very repetitive in their music selection, wastes too much money on crap (Slim Shady radio, NFL Games, Howard, Martha Stewart, Richard Simmons, BBC 1 (7 hour delay!?!), and so on) I strongly believe in sat radio, but they are hemroging money, and their equipment is a generation or 2 behind XM..
    You have your reasons I see!

I didn't hear any songs repeat...I was to busy going from channel to channel!

Last Online

01.13.07 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got Sirius for my dad's birthday and I sometimes just sit outside in his car and listen to it. Buzzsaw is the coolest IMO! When I listened to Sirius for the 1st time, the 2nd song I heard was "Atomic Punk"! Pretty effin good!
    So you broke down, trying to leave town, I broke down crying on your return. You left me feeling hopeful, I'll never see your face again. You made for a bad lover's liver. You stole all the covers and busted my head. You made me such an asshole, I wish we'd never met. I'm tired of being bored. I'm through with the headaches. Hiding my hands that tremble like earthquakes. Under the table, under the daytime sky, Good Fucking Bye- Good Fucking Bye, Alkaline Trio

Favorite VH Album

II
    Last Online

05.18.16 @ 10:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I got a new car w/ XM and I like it a lot. I never heard of Opie and Anthony before, but I sorta like them. I wouldn't go to XM over them tho. By the same token, I know I don't like Howard Stern, but I wouldn't avoid Sirius over that.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by nitefly5150
    I got a new car w/ XM and I like it a lot. I never heard of Opie and Anthony before, but I sorta like them. I wouldn't go to XM over them tho. By the same token, I know I don't like Howard Stern, but I wouldn't avoid Sirius over that.
    nitefly,

I am a mod on the opie and anthony fan board www.wackbag.com so any time you have a question about the boys or show, do not hesitate to ask me. You need to listen for a while, to really understand the show. As for the music, I think XM does a better job playing music without repitition then Sirius does. The only one gripe I have about XM is there needs to be a less obscure "fred" or a less deep tracks, maybe shallow tracks I want to hear good songs not played on the radio from bands I know.

Also nitefly, check out www.xm411.com too, a very cool website run by "ziggy"