Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Tommy Lee: "Tommyland: The Ride"

I saw him play his new song on the uncensored Pamela Anderson Roast last night (hoo, boy! they got down with their slams!), and I was really impressed. Not at all what I thought it would. So, I went and downloaded the entire album and it seriously kicks ass. He's still not much of a vocalist, but he's light years ahead of where he was when he recorded that God-awful song "Brandon", and better than Vince Neil. Fantastic album, and I hope it gets some decent airplay over all the crap that's out there masquerading as rock right now.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vince G.
    I saw him play his new song on the uncensored Pamela Anderson Roast last night (hoo, boy! they got down with their slams!), and I was really impressed. Not at all what I thought it would. So, I went and downloaded the entire album and it seriously kicks ass. He's still not much of a vocalist, but he's light years ahead of where he was when he recorded that God-awful song "Brandon", and better than Vince Neil. Fantastic album, and I hope it gets some decent airplay over all the crap that's out there masquerading as rock right now.
    "Good Times" is light years away from all of the other crap he's put out to this point. I too hope it gets the airplay it deserves.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Isn't it obvious?
    Last Online

09.13.06 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5150
    "Good Times" is light years away from all of the other crap he's put out to this point. I too hope it gets the airplay it deserves.
    The song sounded familiar to me for some reason. Is it a cover?
    Honey, I ain't through with you!

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

I'm pretty surprised at how good this cd is. It's not GREAT, but for Tommy, it's pretty damn good compared to his other albums.

Although Tommyland still reeks of his desire to be accepted as relevent to the current music scene. It doesn't work when Motley tries it and it doesn't work for Tommy. Motley's best stuff is when they do whatever they want regardless of the trends and if you don't like it FUCK YOU....try it on your solo work Tommy.

PLEASE tell me when Tommy says FUCK in the song "Tired" (I think that's the one) and they bleep it, that it was on purpose.
    The cd was not labeled as "censored" or "Clean version" so I'm guessing/hoping it was done intentionally.

BTW.....Can someone tell Butch Walker to write a NEW song? His solo stuff, the Marvelous 3 stuff and the garbage he wrote for Avril Lavigne all sounds the same. Let it go dude.

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.30.06 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got the album today, and its beeped out for me too. I think it was done to probably "get the point" across or whatever, but they beep that, but leave in the "someday I'll find the one, she'll be my bestfriend, she'll make me come" part, so who knows. The album is alot better than I expected though, beats the hell out of that Methods of Mayhem garbage, atleast in my opinion.

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I saw the roast as well, "Good Times" was an altogether decent song.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

The reason why Good Times is a good song, is because of the other co-writer Butch Walker who happens to sing on it too. (and produced it)

The guy is the this era's Desmond Child/Mutt Lang. He can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

However I dig Tommy and am glad that he is getting some love.