Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default President's Radio Speach/Democrats' Response

I don't think there's a need to copy/paste what's actually been said ('cause it's all roll-overs the same topics on the issue), just what's been highlighted on CNN - "There's no strategy in Iraqi War" ... With the channel bein' obviously full-blown liberal, I have one thing to wonder about - do democrats have any strategy themselves apart from criticising every step taken by the current administration? Don't flame me, but what I think is that the better thing is to come up with a clear solution to the situation which already IS than to moan about something that goes back to 2 years ago.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exactly, Mish. We already know we have problems. Bitchin' about them is futile. Time for plausible solutions and less bickering.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

So, uh, what's the solution, Mishar? Maybe you could write a song about it.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    Mish writes awesome tunes!!
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    I don't think there's a need to copy/paste what's actually been said ('cause it's all roll-overs the same topics on the issue), just what's been highlighted on CNN - "There's no strategy in Iraqi War" ... With the channel bein' obviously full-blown liberal, I have one thing to wonder about - do democrats have any strategy themselves apart from criticising every step taken by the current administration? Don't flame me, but what I think is that the better thing is to come up with a clear solution to the situation which already IS than to moan about something that goes back to 2 years ago.

Understand this, the only people that pay attention to the President's weekly radio address are the opposing partymembers in Washington D.C.. I checked this week's address and it's a waste of time, only because it's his same messege every week.

The strategy as recently stated is : Build up the Iraqi military and police forces to a point where we can boogie out of there.

The Democrats are divided between the Clinton-wing, that says we need to finish the job before we leave, and the Pelosi-wing, that thinks we should just leave those people hanging in the wind and let them clean up the mess WE made.

The Clinton-wing understands that they way to gain points' and maybe even the White House in 2008, is to focus on the domestic situation. This last election showed that they can't beat the Republicans with Iraq because it makes them look weak. Worse, the Pelosi-wing has started to equate Afghanistan with Iraq, and this is a mistake. Afghanistan is where Al Aqaeda still is, we actually need to be there. Unlike Iraq, Afghanistan can be tied directly to 9/11/2001 and there are still international forces fighting and dying there. The Pelosi-wing, along with Howie Dean, have thrown out common sense and instead of being against action in Iraq they've fallen back into the tired old anti-war activisim of the late 1960s. That's the crap that lead to Reagan.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    Write a book would fit me as well or even better

But that aside, what solution did you have in mind? I couldn't make it for post-war Iraq because the only source of info I have on the issue is (mostly) liberal biased media of the US, and it could turn out things are far (FAR) from what we're told (just like when Aristotel joined Nuclear Iran thread, for example). What I've meant when starting the thread, was that devotion to one sertain party doesn't have to mean opposing everything the rival party comes up with. Like Axxman mentioned, domestic issues are not only more important to focus on, it makes people see where their taxes go for, and therefore adding credibility to those in the Congress. That's why Dean who turned ultra-right dropped off that quickly. But even back to the Iraqi topic, I don't get why it is that nessesary to turn the people against the current administration and waste so much time and effort on digging out some dated info from intelligence archives instead of leaving this for historians and get down to work on how to improve the situation that is at present. Do blue have an allergy for red? So then just let people see an unbiased daily standoff on the situation in Iraq without 'Dead Wrong'-sorta coverage like every week.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by racefan8
    Mish writes awesome tunes!!
    Nah, thanks

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Note: Dean went LEFT.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Damnit, I confuse sides. Not in politics alone - in general. Thanks for that

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:26 PM
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

You may want to read what a Conservative Senator (a guy with two purple hearths, no less) has to say about the War:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A leading Republican senator and decorated Vietnam War veteran said Sunday the Iraq war has destabilized the Mideast and is looking more like the Vietnam conflict a generation ago.

Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel, who received two Purple Hearts and other military honors for his service in Vietnam, reiterated his position that the United States needs to develop a strategy to leave Iraq.

Hagel scoffed at the idea that U.S. troops could be in Iraq four years from now at levels above 100,000, a contingency for which the Pentagon is preparing.

"We should start figuring out how we get out of there," Hagel said on "This Week" on ABC. "But with this understanding, we cannot leave a vacuum that further destabilizes the Middle East. I think our involvement there has destabilized the Middle East. And the longer we stay there, I think the further destabilization will occur."

Hagel said "stay the course" is not a policy. "By any standard, when you analyze 2 1/2 years in Iraq ... we're not winning," he said.
    Little Dreamer

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer
    You may want to read what a Conservative Senator (a guy with two purple hearths, no less) has to say about the War:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A leading Republican senator and decorated Vietnam War veteran said Sunday the Iraq war has destabilized the Mideast and is looking more like the Vietnam conflict a generation ago.

Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel, who received two Purple Hearts and other military honors for his service in Vietnam, reiterated his position that the United States needs to develop a strategy to leave Iraq.

Hagel scoffed at the idea that U.S. troops could be in Iraq four years from now at levels above 100,000, a contingency for which the Pentagon is preparing.

"We should start figuring out how we get out of there," Hagel said on "This Week" on ABC. "But with this understanding, we cannot leave a vacuum that further destabilizes the Middle East. I think our involvement there has destabilized the Middle East. And the longer we stay there, I think the further destabilization will occur."

Hagel said "stay the course" is not a policy. "By any standard, when you analyze 2 1/2 years in Iraq ... we're not winning," he said.

We're not loosing. This inspite of Rumsfeld.

Hagel obviously learned nothing in or from Vietnam.

My Blog:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Why are we there again? Oh, right.
    I think what the problem needs is more vacation time.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm just jealous of those purple hearths...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    Democrats offer no solutions to problems, just complaints.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

5150 from LWAN
    Last Online

11.01.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZORBA5150
    Democrats offer no solutions to problems, just complaints.
    Republicans offer no solutions to complaints, just pronblems. :
    "You will respect my authoritah!" Ptl.Cartman