Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Default Boat sank in the Pacific today...

BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) - A small boat overloaded with more than 100 illegal immigrants capsized and sank in rough waters in the Pacific Ocean, and only nine survivors were found, clinging to a wooden box and buoys, officials said Wednesday.

Ecuadorean Navy Capt. Armando Elizalde told Colombian RCN television most of the 113 people aboard "sank with the boat." The Colombian Navy said the immigrants' boat was meant to hold only 15 people.

The disaster that hit the boat - whose passengers were believed to be heading for the United States - occurred Friday night more than 100 miles off the coast of southwest Colombia.

"The boat, with way too many people aboard, was unable to resist a strong wave and it tipped over," Elizalde said, adding that most of those aboard were in the ship's hold when it capsized and could not escape. Thirteen people emerged on the surface but four of them later slipped under the waves, he said.

An Ecuadorean fishing boat found the survivors - seven men and two women - on Sunday, Elizalde said. They were later transferred to an Ecuadorean Coast Guard cutter and on Wednesday returned to Ecuador, their faces scorched and peeling from sunburn.

The Colombian Navy said one of its planes and a boat were being deployed in a search-and-rescue operation. Ecuador's Coast Guard was also participating.

The disaster highlighted the perilous journey that migrants seeking to escape poverty in their homeland undertake to reach the United States.

Traffickers often use Ecuador's coast as a launching point, frequently taking illegal immigrants to Guatemala or Mexico so they can travel overland into the United States.

Last May, a Costa Rican fisherman rescued 88 would-be migrants from Ecuador and Peru from their foundering vessel after he found a message in a bottle they had tied to a float marking one of his long fishing lines.

The migrants said that they had paid traffickers as much as $3,000 each as a down payment for the trip, with a promise to pay another $7,000 more upon completing the journey. But the boat's crew abandoned them at sea after the engine failed.

In August 2004, a U.S. Coast Guard ship intercepted a disabled Ecuadorean boat carrying 106 illegal immigrants from Ecuador. The Coast Guard boarded the 40-foot fishing boat some 415 miles off Ecuador's Pacific coast. The drifting boat had apparently been abandoned by its crew.

Rear Adm. Eduardo Navas, general director of Ecuador's merchant marines, said those aboard the boat that sank in the nighttime darkness Friday, plunging the occupants into the icy waters of the Pacific, were presumably heading to the United States.

The passengers had departed from a beach near Esmeraldas, on Ecuador's northern coast.

Navas told Ecuadorean TV it was "a crime to have placed" so many Ecuadoreans in such a small boat, measuring no more than 65 feet in length..

That last paragraph in bold really grabbed my attention.

Um, fuckhead, the "crime" was not how many people were put on the boat, but the fact that they were COMING TO THE US ILLEGALLY YOU DICKHEAD!!!
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think he's just sad that so many of his fellow Ecuadoreans died....
    Last edited by janthraxx; 08.17.05 at 06:02 PM.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    I think he's just sad that so many of his fellow Ecuadoreans died....
    Yeah. That's probably the case...

The dickhead.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

09.02.05 @ 03:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Illegal immigration is way out of control in the US. One day, maybe we'll have a leader with some balls that will directly address and attack the issue by sending the military to patrol our borders with orders to shoot on site. How in the fuck else are these people going to be prompted to change things in their own lands? Our forefathers certainly did it and so can they....
    "My son, ask for thee another kingdom...for that which I leave is too small for thee"- King Phillip of Macedonia to Alexander the Great-339 B.C.

4/1/85-We remember.....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by alex6261
    Illegal immigration is way out of control in the US. One day, maybe we'll have a leader with some balls that will directly address and attack the issue by sending the military to patrol our borders with orders to shoot on site. How in the fuck else are these people going to be prompted to change things in their own lands? Our forefathers certainly did it and so can they....
    Shoot on "site?" What doctrine exactly is this? And when did our "forefathers" do such a thing?

Your feeble attempt at a Bush bash is bumper sticker dogma at its most lame...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

The next boat is probably on its way.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW
    The next boat is probably on its way.
    Hopefully it's from Cuba loaded with pitchers defecting from their national team, demanding to be taken straight to Arlington Tx.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:03 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by rrussou812
    Hopefully it's from Cuba loaded with pitchers defecting from their national team, demanding to be taken straight to Arlington Tx.
    ...or filled with Cuban cigars so I would get a chance to smoke one
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

All of 'em
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

It's amazing how desperate people are to come to the US. These people risk life and limb.

It's sickening to see home-grown, USA born citizens not appreciate what this country affords.
    You can lead a horse to water, but that still won't make him a duck!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SactoFan
    Shoot on "site?" What doctrine exactly is this? And when did our "forefathers" do such a thing?

Your feeble attempt at a Bush bash is bumper sticker dogma at its most lame...
    Re-read again because you obviously missed it. Our forefathers fought to change the leadership and gain control of their destiny to become and independant nation and create a democracy through sweat and blood. Mexicans can do the same thing. Shoot on site means the same as a theif on your property because they are coming to steal from you through taxes and numerous other ridiculous programs incentifying illegal immigration...thanks in large part to asswipe liberals like Bill Clinton and Algore . And do not give me the horse shit about how illegal immigrants come here to work harder than American citzens blah blah blah because it doesn't fly, I have dug ditches in Rancho Cucamonga in the summer and that is about as manual labor as it gets. BTW, I am a republican, you intellectual..
    Last edited by alex6261; 08.18.05 at 11:00 AM.
    "My son, ask for thee another kingdom...for that which I leave is too small for thee"- King Phillip of Macedonia to Alexander the Great-339 B.C.

4/1/85-We remember.....

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Our forefathers were immigrants....

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Bingo!!!! Janthraxx wins the prize for having a non selective memory.. unlike some!! Well done!!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No shit. I've got news for you pal, every single countrymen in the world except the Iraqis's are immigrants. The point is, our forefathers established America and built it to the great nation that it is today and it is being fleeced by illegal immigration at an astounding rate as well as foreign nationals who have no intention of sacrificing their cultures for the American way and it needs to stop, pronto. Close the gates, lots full, sorry folks the show is over. I am not one iota sorry that I am staunchly anti illegal immigrant, and I am leaning heavily towards limiting citizenship for foreigners.
    Last edited by alex6261; 08.18.05 at 11:52 AM.

4/1/85-We remember.....

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel
    Bingo!!!! Janthraxx wins the prize for having a non selective memory.. unlike some!! Well done!!!
    Illegal immigration is the point here, pay closer attention.

4/1/85-We remember.....