Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

I love them all!!!!
    Last Online

02.09.16 @ 03:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Scott Stapp

I know a lot of you all hate Scott Stapp and anything Creed!! But for those of you who might care I found this little bit of news on Scott's new single and cd from the website passionbreedsfollowers.com

"Scott's single, "The Great Divide," will be released to rock radio on
    September 26-27 according to FMQB.com (thanks julio)! It will be the
    lead single to his album, which will be in stores November 22. Currently
    the music video for The Great Divide is in production, and a radio tour
    is planned for October in support of the single."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many!
    Last Online

03.12.07 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That jackass just got yanked off of a plane here in Orlando for being drunk and disorderly. Started asking people if they "know who I am?"
    Nice to hear he is doing so well!
    "Maybe I was the only one, but I really felt like we could surprise these guys. Obviously, that was not the case."

Brett Favre 09/10/06

http://www.myspace.com/lionzrule

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

I love them all!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BottomzUp
    That jackass just got yanked off of a plane here in Orlando for being drunk and disorderly. Started asking people if they "know who I am?"
    LOL!! It's always nice when you have to ask someone if they know who you are!!!

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 623 Times in 291 Posts

Singer #4? Eddie give him a call!
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Funny. I saw him get kicked out of a hotel party in SC and he was pulling
    that same crap: "Do you know who I am?" Wanker.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

creed DID open for VH in 1998...that's the only good thing about them...and tremonti is an ok guitar player
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

villains
    Favorite VH Song

cup of tea
    Last Online

08.13.09 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, tremonti is a freakin' stud and a cool guy to boot. i love his sound. alterbridge is cool. i can't say really like their cd, but the 'creed-without-stapp' sound is awesome and the singer for alterbridge can belt it out!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Nice to see he's being as sober as the priest at his church on Sundays...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up the Sky
    Last Online

01.10.12 @ 05:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A friend of mine sat behind Scott Stapp on a plane. Evidently, the plane ride was too much for Scott and he got sick and threw up in one of those sick bags. Ha ha.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by mike zack
    Singer #4? Eddie give him a call!
    <chuckle, chuckle>
    Now be for real...
    Scott Stapp is perfect for rap music. He has no melody and only a 3-note range.
    Boom chikka boom!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

I love them all!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just incase anyone wants to hear a little of Scott's new song you can click on the link. But if you didn't like creed you wont like this! I dig it..... but I liked Creed!!

http://www.scottstapp.com/music.html

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

I love them all!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And here is a interview from mtv.com if you want to read it!

It's been 14 months since news broke that Creed called it quits, ending a decade-plus partnership that saw the band sell more than 24 million albums in the U.S. alone.

Since the announcement, frontman Scott Stapp has largely remained in the

shadows — save for one interview with MTV News where he attempted to explain his side of the breakup — even as his former bandmate Mark Tremonti blasted him in various music publications. But now, Stapp's getting ready to step back into the light with a new single and solo album that he says "draws a whole lot from the past."

"My first single is called 'The Great Divide,' and that's also what I'm thinking of calling the album. And in no way is it a reference to the breakup of my former band," Stapp said (see "Creed Break Up"). "I wouldn't put that much emphasis on it by calling it 'great.' I only know how to talk about things that are going on in my life through my music. So a lot of the past is reflected in this song. As you grow older, there are certain things you shed. And in reflection, I looked back at our younger days and think, 'Wow, I don't know how I made it through that. Thank God I'm alive.' And this song has a lot of that in it."

Stapp was seated in a folding chair in a massive airport hangar in Playa Vista, California, on the set of the "Divide" video. In between takes, he was wide-eyed and eager to discuss his plans for the future. But he was also more than willing to talk about his past, in particular, his struggles with the anti-inflammatory medication Prednisone, which left him bloated, tired and very nearly ruined his vocal cords for life (see "Scott Stapp Breaks His Silence").

"I'm feeling great. I got everything taken care of that needs to be taken care of. I'm going to the gym, I'm playing some ball. Basically, I really needed the time away to heal up," he said. "But even if all the health issues didn't come up, I really needed to go away. Everything happened so fast. We were so young [in Creed], we didn't know how to handle it. So it was good to step back and reflect, to watch MTV and VH1 and be like, 'Oh, OK.' Because when you're living it, you don't know how it comes across.

"I never sat at home and listened to my own music, I never watched my own videos — the last time I listened to My Own Prison was 1997 — so [going away] gave me a lot time to reflect, and I realized 'God, I miss this. This is something that I love,' " he continued. "And in reflection and learning in my mistakes, I feel comfortable in my own shoes. And I feel comfortable being in the music business. And I feel comfortable onstage. And I feel comfortable being me."

That's more than apparent in "The Great Divide," particularly if "being me" means "sounding just like the most awesome parts of all of Creed's most awesome hits." It's got the big, booming guitars of "My Own Prison" or "My Sacrifice," coupled with the soaring choruses of "With Arms Wide Open" and "Higher." And the video, directed by Paul Fedor, allows Stapp to strike a whole lot of his near-patented rock-star poses. It's exactly what Creed fans have been clamoring for: more Creed. But they shouldn't be fooled by the song. Stapp said it's not exactly indicative of the way his solo album is heading.

"I really feel like I've grown as a songwriter. On Weathered, I felt like I was starting to know what I was doing, but I was still holding myself back," he explained. "And on the new album I wanted to show different sides of me. A few songs have a sexuality to them; a vibe to them. There's a song called 'Broken' that features piano — another first for me. But I'm still a rock artist, and there's the stuff I have a tendency to write about on there: the hard, to-the-heart stuff."

Regardless of how Stapp's solo record (which is tentatively due this November) is received, he knows that for the first time in his life, he'll be happy. For a guy who's taken a whole lot of hits over the past 14 months — from ex-friends and ex-fans alike — that's pretty much all he can ask for.

"Some stuff has hurt me along the way. And I've been self-destructive at times because of that, and I've made some bad choices because of that," Stapp said. "But at the end of the day, I'm just a person that's trying to live a certain lifestyle — which I fail at drastically and dramatically all the time — but my heart's in the right place. And in my journey, that's where it's at.

"And with how I'm trying to be as a man, I don't have to defend myself," he continued. "I've only got one being in my life that I have to be accountable to, and as long as I know the truth, and that being knows the truth, then that's cool."

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

I'm not even going to bother. Mark was always the reason why I even listened in the first place.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msr316
    Just incase anyone wants to hear a little of Scott's new song you can click on the link. But if you didn't like creed you wont like this! I dig it..... but I liked Creed!!
    http://www.scottstapp.com/music.html
    Christ, it sounds exactly like Creed, and not just the vocals, but the guitar and song structurings...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Decent hook...not sure about the lyrics and the voice...that's right, I just remembered, that's what I didn't care for with Creed.

Sounds like a Tremonti ripoff to me.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett