Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I'm Bleeding On Stage!-The COLD Thread

I'm going to assume that some of you have actually heard this band. I think that the albums they put out are consistently fantastic and I really have no problem saying they are an amazing band. Scooter Ward's lyrics are meaningful and really do deal with real life. I've been into this band for 6 or 7 years now, and still love listening to their stuff. Their first album is a little rough, but solid, and their second, 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage, and third, Year of the Spider, are two masterpieces. Their new album, A Different Kind of Pain, is coming out in two weeks and from the tunes I've heard I can safely assume that it will be killer. Seen this band 4 times live and was never disappointed. They've also got a bunch of unreleased tunes that are very good as well. And I'll be seeing them in 4 weeks at X-Fest in Indy w/Disturbed. And probably on their regular tour as well.

Anybody else into Cold?
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Seem pretty cool. I just checked them out on their website. Here's a video:

http://wm.atlrec.com/cold/videos/hap...hetime_450.wmv

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Try one more time to get this thing going.

Cold's new album, A Different Kind Of Pain, came out yesterday, and I must say its quite good. I don't think it touches 13 Ways To Bleed On Stage or Year of the Spider, but I think those albums are both musical masterpieces.

If you're interested in hearing their new single or checking out some videos, you can at http://www.coldonline.com/
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

-Alexi Laiho

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cold is Done

For anyone that actually cares here, which may be no one judging by the overwhelming response I got for the band in this thread, I found out today that Cold has broken up. A lack of support from their record label killed the group, and they have decided to disband. For the past 5 or 6 yrs or so Cold's music has been very important to me, and they've had an incredible ability to touch the listener's heart through their music and words. They have the most loyal and devoted fans of any band I've ever seen, and I have no problem saying that even though =VH= is my favorite band. As far as connecting w/the listener, there is no band that did or does it better than Cold, and it saddens me to hear that there will be no more Cold to enjoy. If you haven't heard Cold, I urge everyone here to go check out this website:

http://www.spreadthecold.com/

They have numerous downloads and videos you can get. Also, here is Scooter Ward's official release on the Cold fansite that the band is done:

Today is truely a sad day for Cold and their fans:

COLDARMY=THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED

Scooter Ward
    Posted Feb 26, 8:57 PM
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------ THIS IS ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS IVE EVER HAD TO WRITE BUT IVE ALWAYS BEEN STRAIGHT UP WITH YALL AND KEPT YOU INFORMED.THE WEEK BEFORE OUR RECORD WAS RELEASED JASON FLOMM AND LEE TRINK{THE 2 PRESIDENTS OF LAVA AND ATLANTIC} WERE FIRED.THOSE WERE THE 2 PEOPLE THAT WE HAD FAITH WOULD DELIVER THIS RECORD LIKE IT SHOULD OF BEEN DELIVERD.IM NOT BLAMING ATLANTIC FOR WHAT HAPPENED BECAUSE THEY DID GIVE US A CHANCE TO PUT THESE SONGS OUT AND SEE WHAT WAS TO COME.AND A FEW PEOPLE THAT TRIED TO WORK IT COLD THANKS THEM FOR THEIR TIME AND HELP.WHEN YOU PUT A SONG OUT ON THE RADIO IT IS WHAT IT IS.ITS A GAMBLE ON YOUR LIFE AND YOUR CAREER AND YOUR HOPE .PEOPLE JUST DIDNT REACT THE WAY WE HAD HOPED THEY WOULD.WE APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HARD WORK ON TRYING TO PROMOTE THE RECORD AND WE LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS BUT NOW I ASK YOU TO LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS !THE BATTLE IS OVER.SINCE WEVE GOTTEN OFF TOUR IN DECEMBER WE HAVENT EVEN TALKED TO THE LABEL/HELL I WOULDNT EVEN KNOW WHO TO CALL.BUT INSTEAD OF HAVING SOMEONE TELL US THAT ITS OVER WE CHOOSE TO TELL THEM INSTEAD.WE BLED ON THOSE TRACKS AND THE LABEL JUST DIDNT SEE WHAT THEY HAD.THE INDUSTRY TODAY IS TO JADED AND FAKE .INSTEAD OF BEING UPSET AND BITTER ABOUT THIS WE REFLECT ON WHAT WE DID DO.WE GOT TO TOUCH PEOPLES LIVES FOR THE BETTER PART OF A DECADE.WE GOT TO EXPERIENCE THINGS WE ONLY DREAMED ABOUT ALL OUR LIVES AND FOR THAT WE ARE GREATFUL.GOD I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!AND IM MORE WORRIED ABOUT YALL THAN I AM MYSELF.I KNOW THAT SOME OF YOU NEED OUR MUSIC LIKE WE DO TO .AND ILL NEVER QUIT WRITING SONGS FOR YALL.SAM AND I ARE GOING TO START A NEW PROJECT.IF GOD ALLOWS US TO DO THIS WE {WICH I HAVE CONFIDENCE THAT HE WILL}YOU WILL HEAR SONGS AGAIN FROM US SOMEDAY.WE MADE IT THROUGH ALOT OF HARD TIMES AND ALOT OF BANDS DREAM OF HAVING A CAREER THAT LASTED AS LONG AS OURS.WE HAVE NEVER MADE A DVD AND THATS THE FIRST THING IM GONNA WORK ON.WE HAVE FOOTAGE FROM THE MAKING OF THE FIRST RECORD UNTIL NOW.THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR WHAT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME AND COLD.ITS TOO HARD TO EXPRESS IN WORDS HOW I FEEL ABOUT YALL SO IM NOT EVEN ATTEMPTING THAT.I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE GONNA BE MAD AND SAY THAT I GAVE UP ON THEM.BUT I DIDNT.THIS IS JUST ANOTHER BUMP IN THE ROAD CALLED LIFE.MUSIC HAS BEEN THE IMPORTANT THING TO ME SINCE I WAS A LIL KID.I CHOSE TO MAKE RECORDS INSTEAD OF BEING WITH MY FAMILY AND MY 2 LIL GIRLS SO DONT EVER SAY THAT WE GAVE UP PLEASE.SOME MIGHT SAY WE GAVE UP BECUASE OF THE MONEY.FOR SOME REASON PEOPLE THINK WERE RICH ROCKSTARS WHO LIVWE IN MANSIONS AND ALL THAT BUT THAT IS FAR AWAY FROM THE TRUTH.WE MADE ENOUGH TO SURVIVE AND WE HAVE NO REGRETS.I HOPE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND OUR DECISION TO BOW OUT GRACEFULLY INSTEAD OF BEING TOLD THAT WE CANT DO THIS ANYMORE.I WANTED TO DISSAPEAR AND SHUT MYSELF OFF FROM THE WORLD OD MUSIC BUT I CANT DO THAT.MY WORLD IS MUSIC.ALL I HAVE IN MY LIFE NOW ARE THESE SONGS THAT WE CREATED AND MEMORIES OF OUR LIFE AS COLD.THANK YOU GUYS FOR BEING OUR FAMILY FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS .WE LOVE YOU ALL AND PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND OUR DECISION.MUCH LOVE TO YOU.......................................SW
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

-Alexi Laiho

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This blows chunks. I loved this band.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8