Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default O.C.D.

Okay, this may seem a little weird but my girlfriend recently pointed something out to me and I think she may be right...

I have this thing about washing my hands. I'm not anal about it, like if I shake someone elses hand then I have to wash mine. It's not like that but I do feel the need to wash my hands like 10 times a day. I just can't stand my hands being sticky or dirty. Am I suffering from O.C.D.???? I'm starting to wonder because I always check the locks on the house like two or three times before I go to bed....

Anyone else here have any weird quirks like that or am I just a freak???
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I wash my hands a lot. I don't lift the toilet seat or flush it with my hands. I also often use my shirt to open public bathroom doors.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

That's not OCD, so much as a singular minor "phobia". Not unlike Donald Trump refusing to shake people's hands.

I used to work with someone who bleached his feet twice a month, but that was the only admitted quirk he had. That's far from OCD.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:46 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

You can try e-mailing Rebecca Warner @ UNH,if you have any doubts.?.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura
    Okay, this may seem a little weird but my girlfriend recently pointed something out to me and I think she may be right...

I have this thing about washing my hands. I'm not anal about it, like if I shake someone elses hand then I have to wash mine. It's not like that but I do feel the need to wash my hands like 10 times a day. I just can't stand my hands being sticky or dirty. Am I suffering from O.C.D.???? I'm starting to wonder because I always check the locks on the house like two or three times before I go to bed....

Anyone else here have any weird quirks like that or am I just a freak???
    I do those same things, I also carry anti-bacterial gel, I usually use it once I get on the train going to and from work. So many nasty people touching the same doors and seats that I have to touch. Once I get in my seat I clean my hands with that stuff and it's all good (well as good as you can get with no soap and water)

And I definitely check the door more than once when I leave or go to bed.

Could be OCD, but I call it being safe rather than sorry in both cases.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

OCD is washing your hands ten times a minute. It takes some poor folks a hour to get out of the bathroom and then they onlu get as far as the kitchen so they can wash their hands again.

It may be a minor form but the question is this:

Does it effectyour life in a negative way?

I mean, you can still go to work and have fun and otherwise be a probuctive person, right?

Have you flipped out and started crying because you couldn't wash your hands?

I wouldn't worry about it. Since I work with the public I was my hands may much more.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

One time me and my buddies (twins) were spending the night in their VW van in Huntington Beach. I took a shit, but there was no place to wash my hands. I had us drive around for like half an hour looking for a place with soap, but to no avail. It drove me crazy, and the next morning I woke up at 6AM and walked a mile down the beach and back just so I could wash my hands.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    Does it effectyour life in a negative way?

I mean, you can still go to work and have fun and otherwise be a probuctive person, right?

Have you flipped out and started crying because you couldn't wash your hands?

I wouldn't worry about it.
    Exactly.

For me, it's not something I think about or obsess over, it's just a cleanliness thing. If I can't wash my hands at that time, I don't even think twice about it...oh well, I'll wash them when I can get to a sink.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I log onto this website hoping for new VH news several times day. I am sure I have O.VH.D.

But seriously, I do a few things people may consider obsessive myself. I vacumn my house everyday if it needs it or not...don't know why, been doing it since I was in my teens.
    All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego , brain's don't mean a shit! ~ Captain Tony Tarracino

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

When you figure out that you can't figure it out, your finally gettin your shit together. ~ Jimmy Buffett

http://www.myspace.com/palm_trees_and_mojitos

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I make lots of lists. Apprently that's an indicator of obsessive-compulsive tendencies.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    I make lots of lists. Apprently that's an indicator of obsessive-compulsive tendencies.
    No. It's an indicator that you make lots of lists.

Signed,

- A degreed behavior analyst

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sorry, I was just going by what my mom has said, a degreed therapist and Psychiatrist

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think most people have little quirks like that. I have to say there is nothing wrong with keeping things clean. The opposite would be worrisome. Regardless. OCD is much much more. I know a widow who suffers from it and it is simply baffling what she goes thru just to make it thru each day. Not to worry, Ace - go wash your hands and forget about it

janthraxx - your lists are helping you remember the things your pot-brain keeps forgetting You're all good!
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by racefan8

janthraxx - your lists are helping you remember the things your pot-brain keeps forgetting You're all good!
    I hardly ever do....wait, what were we talking about?

Just kidding, I hardly ever do that!

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 1,601 Times in 983 Posts

Donor

There are varying degrees of OCD...some are minor, some are crippling, some lay in between.