Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned!
    Last Online

06.26.09 @ 12:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default DLR is NEVER Happening Part II

Chef Craig,

In response to your comments, if David Lee Roth and Van Halen want to do one last world tour, then I give you that. Fine. I understand for the fans of DLR. But to have anyone remotely suggest that DLR should actually be back in the band in terms of numerous new albums is just idiotic if they think it could ever actually happen. If there is EVER going to be a new VH album in our lifetime - it will be with Sammy Hagar or quite simply no one at all. So take your pick.

How can you even describe VH III as an attempt to move forward. Right from the get go - the world was not exactly actually thrilled when Gary Cherone was announced. Having said that, I think it is safe to say that if a VH album with Sammy Hagar - produced by Glen Ballard came out tomorrow (with the proper time frame to work on that album), it would certainly sell a million copies (at the very least) at the end of the day with the supporting world tour.

People are not going to go crazy over BOBW. Fans already have the songs and people can download the new Sammy songs. But if an album as bad as VH III sells 500,000 copies and Balance sold 2 million+, the simple math of it
    all, would suggest that a new full length VH album with Sammy would do very respectable business...worthy of more new albums. Jeez, even a sappy Van Hagar ballad could ensure album sales in today's poppy, ballady musical climate.

A Van Halen album with Sammy Hagar will absolutely sell well. Certainly better than a DLR VH album. While the main fans will eat a DLR VH album up, the album wouldn't have the appeal to acquire new fans or have radio support on stations with various music formats (not just hard rock) ala Right Now or When It's Love through commercial singles - like a Van Halen album with Sammy would. Regardless if that is a good thing or not from your point of view, it is a fact and part of the reason why Van Halen with Sammy sold so well and had number one albums. Even though it was quite some time ago. Ultimately, the new Sammy songs did better than the new DLR songs through radio and record sales. Do the research based on the new SONGS only.

Lastly, talk to Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Ted Templeman, Steve Vai, Billy Sheehan and a few other notable people who have made numerous comments that DLR is impossible to work with and is an asshole. I will take their word over your comments that you met Dave Roth 15 years ago on a fishing trip. Your opinion isn't valid as you were not in a band with him or know him at all. But since his former band members have been WELL QUOTED as saying that they just can't work with him (after trying 3 times I might add), I certainly have the right to bring that point up to anyone that suggests that VH get back together with Roth. "HE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK WITH". What more do DLR fans need. Do I need to remind you that even DLR fans were more impressed with Sammy during the Dave/Sam tour.

HM

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

How long did it take you to type this?
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

There was a reason they closed your last thread regarding this. It goes no where.

Why ruin a good thread? Tell us about those screenplays you've done. I can't see any reason why not. I mean this could have been a great thread if you would have written a more entertaining diatribe.

As it is it's just the same old. Let me guess, you wrote the "Duke's of Hazard" screenplay. Nothing new (like this thread) but any excuse to see Jessica's well toned ass is good for me....
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hey man
    Chef Craig,

In response to your comments, if David Lee Roth and Van Halen want to do one last world tour, then I give you that. Fine. I understand for the fans of DLR. But to have anyone remotely suggest that DLR should actually be back in the band in terms of numerous new albums is just idiotic if they think it could ever actually happen. If there is EVER going to be a new VH album in our lifetime - it will be with Sammy Hagar or quite simply no one at all. So take your pick.

How can you even describe VH III as an attempt to move forward. Right from the get go - the world was not exactly actually thrilled when Gary Cherone was announced. Having said that, I think it is safe to say that if a VH album with Sammy Hagar - produced by Glen Ballard came out tomorrow (with the proper time frame to work on that album), it would certainly sell a million copies (at the very least) at the end of the day with the supporting world tour.

People are not going to go crazy over BOBW. Fans already have the songs and people can download the new Sammy songs. But if an album as bad as VH III sells 500,000 copies and Balance sold 2 million+, the simple math of it
    all, would suggest that a new full length VH album with Sammy would do very respectable business...worthy of more new albums. Jeez, even a sappy Van Hagar ballad could ensure album sales in today's poppy, ballady musical climate.

A Van Halen album with Sammy Hagar will absolutely sell well. Certainly better than a DLR VH album. While the main fans will eat a DLR VH album up, the album wouldn't have the appeal to acquire new fans or have radio support on stations with various music formats (not just hard rock) ala Right Now or When It's Love through commercial singles - like a Van Halen album with Sammy would. Regardless if that is a good thing or not from your point of view, it is a fact and part of the reason why Van Halen with Sammy sold so well and had number one albums. Even though it was quite some time ago. Ultimately, the new Sammy songs did better than the new DLR songs through radio and record sales. Do the research based on the new SONGS only.

Lastly, talk to Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Ted Templeman, Steve Vai, Billy Sheehan and a few other notable people who have made numerous comments that DLR is impossible to work with and is an asshole. I will take their word over your comments that you met Dave Roth 15 years ago on a fishing trip. Your opinion isn't valid as you were not in a band with him or know him at all. But since his former band members have been WELL QUOTED as saying that they just can't work with him (after trying 3 times I might add), I certainly have the right to bring that point up to anyone that suggests that VH get back together with Roth. "HE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK WITH". What more do DLR fans need. Do I need to remind you that even DLR fans were more impressed with Sammy during the Dave/Sam tour.

HM
    Dude you seem passionate about your posts which is fine, but to start a thread and more or less call out CC? Dude Craig can post with the best of them and you are in for one hell of a ride here, CC and a ton of others are passionate about Roth on here so you could be playing with fire, to voice your thoughts is fine as we all do, but don't direct a thread at one dude.
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

Detroit Red Wings

GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Man, I've never seen someone so passionate about trying to convince everyone that their opinion was fact. How would a new VH album do with Sam? A new album with Dave? Who the hell knows. I love it when someone tries to tell us something sucks before it's even happened. One thing I think most can agree on is that we'd love the chance to evaluate a new VH album--after we actually hear it.

For whatever it's worth, which isn't a lot because it was over 20 years ago, but the last two DLR fronted VH albums sold 15 million copies combined and produced 5 top 40 or crossover hits.(Including their only #1 song). In comparison the four Sammy albums have combined to sell 16 million copies. So who's to say who would outsell who?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hey man
    Chef Craig,

HM

please, go write a book somewhere else...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Yeah go away.

We were just startin to have fun with your last thread and they went and closed it.

Hey man, you're talkin to loud.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

This is an old topic even w/o your insightful views.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

hey man, didn't you used to post here as Adamance1, then later as Cinematic Soul? You type the same as him, plus you like the same things, Coverdale, Kiss, Van Hagar etc.
    Last edited by YankeeRose; 08.13.05 at 06:16 PM.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:01 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts

hey man...come on not again....give it up already..

not everyone is going to agree with you.....

what r u bored today ...my god..

btw ..i typed this in 1 min so there
    DAVE vs SAMMY

People need to let this go.....it is like comparing an ex wife to your current wife...you can say how things would have be different if she were still here but she left you, so you moved on with your life.....

Same with Van Halen...would they have liked to have Roth stay, yes...but he decided to leave so they moved on.......

and the rest is history….. well until 1996……..lol

http://forums.delphiforums.com/strictlyace750

http://mybestpet.com/bskool/welcome.asp

Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:01 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts

yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by ETRIGAN
    any excuse to see Jessica's well toned ass is good for me....

she was beyond hot in the movie..... my shirt was wet from all the drool..

her in the baithing suit ...yummmmmmmmmmmm
    DAVE vs SAMMY

People need to let this go.....it is like comparing an ex wife to your current wife...you can say how things would have be different if she were still here but she left you, so you moved on with your life.....

Same with Van Halen...would they have liked to have Roth stay, yes...but he decided to leave so they moved on.......

and the rest is history….. well until 1996……..lol

http://forums.delphiforums.com/strictlyace750

http://mybestpet.com/bskool/welcome.asp

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:29 AM
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts

Donor

Hey man...never say never when speaking of the Van Halen carousel. There are so many inconsistencies in your post, I dunno where I'd begin. So I won't, except for one monster wicked assertion that must be addressed....you are way, way, gonzo-stoned on stale bong water if you think a new Van Halen album led by Sam would outsell a new one led by Dave.

Sic 'em, Craig.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Hey man...never say never when speaking of the Van Halen carousel. There are so many inconsistencies in your post, I dunno where I'd begin. So I won't, except for one monster wicked assertion that must be addressed....you are way, way, gonzo-stoned on stale bong water if you think a new Van Halen album led by Sam would outsell a new one led by Dave.

Sic 'em, Craig.
    Yeah where's the Chef man when you need 'im???
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Last Online

11.08.05 @ 05:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen

Sic 'em, Craig.
    Can we get both so we can compare???
    "....every week night is like Saturday night and every Saturday is like new years eve!....." EVH

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:29 AM
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts

Donor

You're not really located in Africa, are ya?

Last Online

11.08.05 @ 05:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, when I joined up to this sight I was living in Angola, I now live in Hong Kong. I was blown away with the amount of VH I heard on African radio though. Sounds like a joke, but true. I have to say a reunion with Roth would be pretty special, sorry 'hey man'!
    "....every week night is like Saturday night and every Saturday is like new years eve!....." EVH