Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kids into VH?

Last Online

09.30.08 @ 09:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kids into VH?

My daughter is going into the seventh grade and she sais there are kids in her class who wear vh shirts and Jump was even requested at one of her dances. You see the VH shirts and hats in stores like Spencer's and kids are wearing tons of AC/DC shirts too.I went to see the new Herbie movie with my daughter and was thrown back when they played Jump almost in its entirety.Are we seeing a resurgence here amongst the next generation of kids?

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If kids were able to look back on what music really used to be, they would know what real music is. And those people come out to be rare. Just as long as MTV is infecting the week minded brains of our youth, they will never know. Sooner or later the crappy ass music that is played in today's age will die and people will possibly look for other good music and they might find VH.
    Respects.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default TOTALLY!

When my daughter was eight, she did an ice skating routine in front of 300 people to 316. And SHE was the one that asked me to record it for her!!! She said she was tired of all the 'same old crap". How cool is that?!?!?!?

Also, my youngest daughter asked me for a Van Halen t-shirt for her last birthday... and said, "Not the circle logo but the one with the wings"! Yeah... I have brought them up right!!!!
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Baluchitherium Leo Van Newhouse's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

08.14.13 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura
    Also, my youngest daughter asked me for a Van Halen t-shirt for her last birthday... and said, "Not the circle logo but the one with the wings"! Yeah... I have brought them up right!!!!
    Daddy of the month
    THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT : Representing DAVID LEE ROTH in all his glory!!!!!!!!!

JH: "How was your New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues?"
    DLR: "James...I AM New Years Eve!"

"To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding?" David Lee Roth

"I'm gonna want to rock out w/ my cock out instead of playing anal taper dork." Colonel Sanders

ANOTHER HOSTILE TAKEOVER COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy5150
    If kids were able to look back on what music really used to be, they would know what real music is. And those people come out to be rare. Just as long as MTV is infecting the week minded brains of our youth, they will never know. Sooner or later the crappy ass music that is played in today's age will die and people will possibly look for other good music and they might find VH.
    Whenever MTV was a guide to a good music? There are heaps of great modern bands nowadays and I'd prefer for the youth to take it as a startpoint instead of 'looking back' and come up with a generic rock-wannabe crap like Darkness.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:47 AM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

My niece(5) and nephew(8) are into VH. They love "Jump", "Hang Em High","Dance The Night Away","Big Bad Bill","Happy Trails" and they also try to imitate DLRs acrobats from the live videos! My nephew always refers to EVH as Eddie Van and he had a striped up cardboard guitar at his schools music day.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 51501984
    My niece(5) and nephew(8) are into VH. They love "Jump", "Hang Em High","Dance The Night Away","Big Bad Bill","Happy Trails" and they also try to imitate DLRs acrobats from the live videos! My nephew always refers to EVH as Eddie Van and he had a striped up cardboard guitar at his schools music day.

I smell bullshit here. Don't your niece and nephew know that Dreams and eagles fly SOLD more? How dare they listen to something to something they like and not what sells more? I just don't understand it.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

No one i know (cept a few friends and the kids here at the Links) likes Van Halen. Illinois is not the VH place for kids. I wear my tour shirt from last year, let people listen to the songs, and they never give it a chance. It pisses me off sometimes
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

My two sons ages 4 and 7 like VH. The 4 year old says he likes the old VH. We were at my sisters house last weekend, she has a 5 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. They both go to catholic pre-schools and church every sunday. Anyway they were all playing together in the yard when my 4 year old (Alex) started singing Runnun' With The Devil. Thankfully my sis is a VH fan too. She thought it was funny. I came home from work yesterday and my 7 year old was cranking a VH cd in his room while he played with dinosaurs.
    My wife and I make it a point to let them listen to a lot of music. They like John Lee Hooker, VH, Cream, David Bowie and they even get a kick out of the harder stuff too. Oh yeah my 7 year old has started wearing a few of my old VH shirts. I regret not bringing him to one of the VH shows last year. If they ever do come around again he'll be going for sure.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    Whenever MTV was a guide to a good music?
    You weren't born yet...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

11.08.05 @ 05:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default kid's dig VH!!!

I teach elementary/ primary kids music and I can guarantee that they get into VH the world over. Especially since jack black and the 'school of rock'. There are plenty of students of mine who have a better collection of classic rock than I do. They seem to find it more appealling than even more contempory rock eg. the foo fighters, green day, the killers. Mind you...it could be their teacher's influence! :-)
    Teenagers? well that's a different story.
    "....every week night is like Saturday night and every Saturday is like new years eve!....." EVH

Last Online

05.14.12 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My son's 11 and plays the drums....his fav drummer is AVH. My daughter is 14 and everytime I drive her and her friends anywhere...it's always "You Really Got Me" 1st up on the requested tuneage. They have thier own fav bands and music, but they both really dig VH.
    -"There's a little bit of VH in everyone"- AVH

Last Online

11.14.12 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

My son's 15, knows every VH album and most boots inside and out. I even gave hime my Diver Down tour shirt and he actually wore it to school (got a couple of cool comments from his teachers.) While most agree the band wasn't in top form last for the tour last year, I was just thankful to get that opportunity to share the live VH experience with him.
    yeah.......i'm still here.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 414 Times in 249 Posts

Only me and another guy in our whole school wears Van Halen clothing. I'm tired of seeing kids wearing AC/DC shirts and Zeppelin shirts. Because they think that just because they wear the shirt they will get noticed. But with Vh it's different. You have to know something about VH in order to wear their shirts because nobody, except for real VH fans, would ask for a VH shirt instead of a Zep or AC/Dc shirt.

I'm 16 and I love VH and I love knowing that I'm one of the few guys in my school that can proudly wear a shirt and actually know something about the band and not just know Stairway to Heaven or Back in Black.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

02.18.12 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

My son will be 12 in September and VH is about all he listens to. He had a cool teacher last year that asked to borrow his BOBW cd. I can't imagine how cool his teacher must think I am.
    "I write and play music for a living, I'm not a businessman. It seems like all attorneys ever do is stir up trouble. They create problems that never existed and ream you for half your money, then they try to fix what they started and nail ya for whatever money you got left. I'll tell ya, man, I don't see how these guys sleep at night." --Edward Van Halen