Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned!
    Last Online

06.26.09 @ 12:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Get It Through Your Heads - DLR is NEVER Happening

Hey All,

I truly have to say that it makes me sick that a majority of people on this board, seem to actually believe that Dave is still the answer to every VH question. OK, try to follow me here. Dave is an asshole to anyone that meets him and it physically makes the other members of VH ill to be in the same room with him. So to suggest that VH should get DLR back in the band is simply moronic.

A band is truly like a marriage and it is completely irrelevant if the fans of that band happen to insist on a band being with a member who just does nothing but suck the life out of the other band members. It would be the same as saying that you MUST be with your ex wife for the sake of the family (fans), who just happens to be a total bitch in every sense of the word, sucks the life from you and on top of it all - has lost every ounce of her beauty or sexiness (vocal ability) that made you fall in love with her in the fist place. OK, so for the rest of your life, you have to keep fucking this ugly bitch - because it makes your family happy that you are still together. It is exactly the same thing. I am sure that you wouldn't do it and neither can VH. So please stop with the Get Dave Back comments. Think first.

But if you really want to get into it, here is my spin on the Sammy VS. Dave debate. Sammy Hagar is not viewed as a parody of himself - as Roth is viewed today by the masses. Despite what hard core Van Halen fans living in the past might think. He is a joke that gets mentioned on a CNN news blurb or a late night talk show. Not to mention the absolute fact that Sammy has not lost his talent as a great rock vocalist AND his last couple of albums have contained some of the best songs that he has ever done as a solo artist. The same can't be said for David Lee Roth at all. Period. He can't sing at all anymore and each solo release has been of worse quality in every sense to the point that even his own fans have jump ship (based on concert and album sales).

Beyond that, Sammy Hagar has always had a full career in music and doesn't need VH. On the other hand, Roth has no career as a rock star anymore and has been praying to his personal God for years that a VH reunion happens in his lifetime.

Tell me something, shouldn't a "rock star" of David Lee Roth's supposed stature still be regarded with the proper praise in terms of album sales and concert attendence. Isnt' David Lee Roth a legend? If he is a musician of any true worth - should he not be releasing quality music that can compete with the new bands of today. While I have not heard it, supposedly Robert Plant has released one of the best albums of his solo career with Mighty Rearranger. Regardless if this is true or not, Plant is certainly getting much praise for it. I just don't see anyone caring about David Lee Roth at all as a true talent - unless the words Van Halen are attached.

I am also pretty positive that if Planet US did release the album with Hagar, Schon, Satriani, Anthony and Castronovo - it would be one of the best hard rock albums to come out in years - if HSAS is any remote indication at all. But what has David Lee Roth done, beyond mantaining that he is an asshole to work with and has no talent anymore - unless he can work with the VH brothers. Jeez, Whitesnake has been selling out practically all of their shows at 3000+ and I am pretty damn sure that if they released a new album tomorrow, it would sell a hell of a lot more than 15,000. So it's safe to say that more people in the world care about Whitesnake (David Coverdale) than they do about that other David, who is a living joke now.

Which brings me to my final point - a lot of people (millions in fact) care about Sammy Hagar's solo career even today and in the big picture of life - hardly anyone cares about David Lee Roth as a solo artist. So unless you are someone who is still kissing the David Lee Roth VH posters in your bedroom, the only thing Roth is good for is an absolute last major cash grab tour with VH, because quite simply - he doesn't have the musical ability or longevity personality wise to bring VH back to their rock glory with new albums. That is, if you would want such a thing and if Eddie was willing to get his shit together.

None the less, if VH is EVER to move forward - Sammy Hagar is essential to that forward movement, because he actually has something to offer the band in terms of songwriting and his obvious incredible pipes. Ya sure, the three songs on BOBW are not the best songs ever - but they were rushed into the studio and had to write songs quickly. If they truly had the proper time to work with Glen Ballard - I think we would see some more of Humans Being and certainly some of VH best work in years. While musically, CGTSNM and Me Wise Magic are brilliant, lyrically and vocally - they are a joke. Only Van Halen with Sammy can compete musically with today's rock music and achieve respectable album sales, but again - if you just want VH:A Parody of Past Glories, than Roth IS your man.

Thanks,

HM
    Last edited by hey man; 08.12.05 at 10:22 PM.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

05.13.12 @ 10:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

:yawn:

Favorite VH Album

Dave - WACF, Sam - FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Dream is Over
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 09:23 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I agree with most, if not all, your points.

That said, I strangely still would not mind seeing David Lee Roth one day front Van Halen again. I saw VH twice last year with Sam, so it would be cool to say that I have seen Van Halen with Dave at the helm as well.

Now, as I said before, I agree with just about everything you said. Dave is not the answer to Van Halen's future. He's only getting older and his voice isn't getting any better. Is Sammy the answer? I would like to think so. He definitely shows no signs of slowing down at his old age, and if he and Ed could just iron things out, the best could be yet to come.
    If it's BROWN, flush it DOWN.

GO STEELERS!

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree with the Dave never happening thing.
    Respects.

Last Online

05.14.12 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's definately not high up on the ole wish list. If it would happen to come about, it'd be there.

Actually a guy I work with (a good 12 years younger) who likes to ruffle my feathers about liking an old hair band (Van Halen) was on a trip and saw Dave's show. Surprisingly, he had good things to say.
    -"There's a little bit of VH in everyone"- AVH

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

AUGuy5150,

Yawn all you want, but it still doesn't stop the Dave fans on this board from living in a pathetic fantasy world. Maybe that's the point - you are too busy sleeping or yawning to notice that it's 2005 and not 1984.

HM

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

If you're willing to write an eight paragraph essay on why you don't think Dave will be back, you're living in a pathetic fantasy world yourself. Welcome to being a Van Halen fan in the 21st century.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MikeL,

For your information - I write screenplays for a living, for films that I know you have seen - without even knowing you. Having said that, it takes me about 3 minutes to write what you deem to be a long post. Beyond that, the amount of posts on this board still supporting Dave as some sort of actual rock star (not the living joke that he is) is still the heavyweight champion of pathetic on this board.

HM

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Homina homina
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me that those three new piles of dogshit your miracle lyricist penned are genious? Yeah, ok. What in the wild wild world of sports is a goin' on here?
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think it's great that you're a speedy typist. So am I. That doesn't change the fact that you're here, talking about DLR.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.10.08 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sure, let's get Sammy back and have to wait a good while until the album comes out, only that it ends up being another greatest hits album with three new songs. And then after that, they can release yet another one due to Sammy not wanting to do anything with Van Halen as much as his solo carrer. After that, he can give us a big speech what happen and then have another one with him a few months later saying that it was the other way around.

If it can't be Dave then it might work with Cherone. And if that can't work then I can only say this:

The King Of Pop or no one.
    Last edited by EVH Army; 08.13.05 at 12:35 AM.
    "I am the party" ~David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P.
    Uhura: Mr. Spock, what happened?
    Spock: The occipital area of my head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

It took me 5 minutes to type this.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:04 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by OLO
    It took me 5 minutes to type this.
    That's OK. It took me 10 minutes to READ it
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Women And Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.30.06 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So if DLR isnt happening...