Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.03.05
    Location
    Bucketheadland
    Posts
    92
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

    03.15.17 @ 07:35 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts

    Default My own personal VH "Best of"

    Ever since "Best of Volume 1" was released I have been working on my own collection that I think represents "the best" of VH. It is an ongoing project, but i feel that I may have finally completed it. It is presented chronologically and represents all of VH. No hatin on Sam, Dave or Gary here. What do you think? Any glaring omissions? Whats your personal Best Of?

    Eruption(live)- Live from 77
    Angel Eyes- Demo
    Babe Don't Leave Me Alone- The Gene Simmons Demo
    Runnin With The Devil- The Gene Simmons Demo
    You Really Got Me- Van Halen
    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love- Van Halen
    Ice Cream Man -Van Halen
    You're No Good- Van Halen II
    Somebody Get Me a Doctor- Van Halen II
    Beautiful Girls- Van Halen II
    Spanish Fly(live)- A live version take from the VH II Tour
    And the Cradle Will Rock...- Women and Children First
    Everybody Wants Some!!- Women and Children First
    Take Your Whiskey Home- Women and Children First
    Unchained - (Live 1981, San Diego C.A)- Live 1981, San Diego C.A
    Mean Street - Fair Warning
    Hear About It Later- Fair Warning
    Where Have All the Good Times Gone! -Diver Down
    Little Guitars- Diver Down
    Happy Trails/You Really Got Me (Live) -Live from the Diver Down tour
    Beat It Solo- This is just the solo from Michael Jackson's Beat It.
    Jump- 1984
    Panama- 1984
    Hot for Teacher- 1984
    Keyboard Solo(Live)- taken from the 1984 tour. Essentially this is the intro to WCTBL.

    Why Can't This Be Love- 5150
    Love Walks In- 5150
    5150- 5150
    Summer Nights(demo)- A demo version of Summer Nights. No background vocals.
    Wild Thing(Live)- Live from the 5150 tour
    Rock'N Roll(Live)- Live from the 5150 tour
    When Its Love(Live)- From a Bootleg from the Monsters of Rock Tour Pittsburg PA

    Feels So Good- OU812
    Black And Blue- OU812
    Finish What Ya Started (Remix)- Remix From OU812
    Poundcake- For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Runaround- For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Right Now -For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    316 -Right Here, Right Now (Disc 2) [Live]
    You Really Got Me/Cabo Wabo- 316 Live 1992
    Top of the World- 316 Live 1992
    Won't Get Fooled Again (studio version)- No crowd noise, but may be the version from Right Here, Right Now

    Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)- Balance
    Can't Stop Lovin' You- Balance
    Crossing Over- from the Can't Stop Lovin' You Single
    Rock Candy Voodoo Chile- Live Bootleg
    Humans Being- The Best Of Van Halen, Vol. I
    Me Wise Magic- The Best Of Van Halen, Vol. I
    Neworld- Van Halen III
    Without You- Van Halen III
    From Afar- Van Halen III
    Dance The Night Away/Feel Your Love Tonight- Live Bootleg 1998 Hershey park PA
    It's About Time- The Best Of Both Worlds [Disc 1]
    Jump- Live Bootleg from the "reunion tour"

    The only change I've considered is replacing Jump with a live version of When its Love from the reunion tour, but I really like the version of When its love i have earlier in the disc from the OU812 tour.
    Last edited by rich5150; 08.11.05 at 10:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    I am a Van Halenized Canadian!
    Posts
    12,837
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Likes
    97
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

    Default

    Cool, but topics like this usually go in VH Songs/Albums. So I will move it there now.
    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  3. #3
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.03.05
    Location
    Bucketheadland
    Posts
    92
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

    03.15.17 @ 07:35 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    oops. though i was posting in songs. sorry.

  4. #4
    Good Enough extreme red roth's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.01.03
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rich5150
    Ever since "Best of Volume 1" was released I have been working on my own collection that I think represents "the best" of VH. It is an ongoing project, but i feel that I may have finally completed it. It is presented chronologically and represents all of VH. No hatin on Sam, Dave or Gary here. What do you think? Any glaring omissions? Whats your personal Best Of?

    Eruption(live)- Live from 77
    Angel Eyes- Demo
    Babe Don't Leave Me Alone- The Gene Simmons Demo
    Runnin With The Devil- The Gene Simmons Demo
    You Really Got Me- Van Halen
    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love- Van Halen
    Ice Cream Man -Van Halen
    You're No Good- Van Halen II
    Somebody Get Me a Doctor- Van Halen II
    Beautiful Girls- Van Halen II
    Spanish Fly(live)- A live version take from the VH II Tour
    And the Cradle Will Rock...- Women and Children First
    Everybody Wants Some!!- Women and Children First
    Take Your Whiskey Home- Women and Children First
    Unchained - (Live 1981, San Diego C.A)- Live 1981, San Diego C.A
    Mean Street - Fair Warning
    Hear About It Later- Fair Warning
    Where Have All the Good Times Gone! -Diver Down
    Little Guitars- Diver Down
    Happy Trails/You Really Got Me (Live) -Live from the Diver Down tour
    Beat It Solo- This is just the solo from Michael Jackson's Beat It.
    Jump- 1984
    Panama- 1984
    Hot for Teacher- 1984
    Keyboard Solo(Live)- taken from the 1984 tour. Essentially this is the intro to WCTBL.

    Why Can't This Be Love- 5150
    Love Walks In- 5150
    5150- 5150
    Summer Nights(demo)- A demo version of Summer Nights. No background vocals.
    Wild Thing(Live)- Live from the 5150 tour
    Rock'N Roll(Live)- Live from the 5150 tour
    When Its Love(Live)- From a Bootleg from the Monsters of Rock Tour Pittsburg PA

    Feels So Good- OU812
    Black And Blue- OU812
    Finish What Ya Started (Remix)- Remix From OU812
    Poundcake- For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Runaround- For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Right Now -For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    316 -Right Here, Right Now (Disc 2) [Live]
    You Really Got Me/Cabo Wabo- 316 Live 1992
    Top of the World- 316 Live 1992
    Won't Get Fooled Again (studio version)- No crowd noise, but may be the version from Right Here, Right Now

    Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)- Balance
    Can't Stop Lovin' You- Balance
    Crossing Over- from the Can't Stop Lovin' You Single
    Rock Candy Voodoo Chile- Live Bootleg
    Humans Being- The Best Of Van Halen, Vol. I
    Me Wise Magic- The Best Of Van Halen, Vol. I
    Neworld- Van Halen III
    Without You- Van Halen III
    From Afar- Van Halen III
    Dance The Night Away/Feel Your Love Tonight- Live Bootleg 1998 Hershey park PA
    It's About Time- The Best Of Both Worlds [Disc 1]
    Jump- Live Bootleg from the "reunion tour"

    The only change I've considered is replacing Jump with a live version of When its Love from the reunion tour, but I really like the version of When its love i have earlier in the disc from the OU812 tour.
    Quite an interesting list...but I gotta tell you that famous Rock Candy/Voodoo Chile bootleg- I don't think that's Ed on guitar...I know on Sam's site, he has it under his Van Halen section, but I think I remember hearing they never played Rock Candy together live.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    07.11.05
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,883
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

    06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Heres mine:

    Let's Get Rockin' (Zero, 1977)
    Babe Don't Leave Me Alone (Zero, 1977)
    She's The Woman (Zero, 1977)
    Put Out The Lights (Zero, 1977)
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Eruption/You Really Got Me
    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Jamies Cryin'
    Ice Cream Man
    Dance The Night Away
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Bottoms Up!
    Women In Love
    Beautiful Girls
    And The Cradle Will Rock...
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    In A Simple Rhyme

    Mean Street
    Hear About It Later
    Unchained
    So This Is Love?
    Where Have All The Good Times Gone!
    Cathedral/Secrets
    Intruder/Pretty Woman
    Dancin' In The Street
    Intro/Little Guitars
    1984/Jump
    Panama
    Drop Dead Legs
    Hot For Teacher
    1984 pt. II (instrumental demo. Originally titled demo, renamed 1984 pt. II by me)
    Ill Wait

    The Donut City
    I Want Some Action
    Good Enough
    Why Can't This Be Love?
    Dreams
    Summer Nights
    Best Of Both Worlds
    Love Walks In
    "5150"
    Mine All Mine
    When Its Love
    Cabo Wabo
    Feels So Good
    Finish What Ya Started (remix)
    Black & Blue

    Poundcake
    Runaround
    Right Now
    Top Of The World
    Won't Get Fooled Again (studio edit)
    The Seventh Seal
    Cant Stop Lovin You
    Dont Tell Me (What Love Can Do)
    Not Enough
    Crossing Over
    Humans Being
    Respect The Wind
    Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Me Wise Magic

    Neworld
    Without You
    Thats Why I Love You
    One I Want
    Dirty Water Dog
    Once (original mix)
    Fire In The Hole
    Its About Time
    Up For Breakfast
    Learning To See
    *New Song*
    *New Song*
    *New Song*

    Songs are not seperated by discs, but sperated by every 2-3 CD releases
    Last edited by ZachenFoot; 08.17.05 at 07:07 AM.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

    "He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Here's mine:
    Best of Vol. 1
    Van Halen, Van Halen II, Women and Children First, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984

    Best of Vol. 2
    5150, OU812, F.U.C.K.,Balance

  7. #7
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.03.05
    Location
    Bucketheadland
    Posts
    92
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

    03.15.17 @ 07:35 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth
    Quite an interesting list...but I gotta tell you that famous Rock Candy/Voodoo Chile bootleg- I don't think that's Ed on guitar...I know on Sam's site, he has it under his Van Halen section, but I think I remember hearing they never played Rock Candy together live.
    Yeah, I was never quite sold on it being VH. I'll probably remove it based on its questionable authenticity.

    Its a good track though.

  8. #8
    Good Enough LittleGuitars99's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.16.02
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,546
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    littleguitars
    Last Online

    12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Um dude it`s just Donut City.
    Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005
    Heres mine:

    Let's Get Rockin' (Zero, 1977)
    Babe Don't Leave Me Alone (Zero, 1977)
    She's The Woman (Zero, 1977)
    Put Out The Lights (Zero, 1977)
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Eruption/You Really Got Me
    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Jamies Cryin'
    Ice Cream Man
    Dance The Night Away
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Bottoms Up!
    Women In Love
    Beautiful Girls
    And The Cradle Will Rock...
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    In A Simple Rhyme

    Mean Street
    Hear About It Later
    Unchained
    So This Is Love?
    Where Have All The Good Times Gone!
    Cathedral/Secrets
    Intruder/Pretty Woman
    Dancin' In The Street
    Intro/Little Guitars
    1984/Jump
    Panama
    Drop Dead Legs
    Hot For Teacher
    1984 pt. II (instrumental demo. Originally titled demo, renamed 1984 pt. II by me)
    Ill Wait

    The Donut City
    I Want Some Action
    Good Enough
    Why Can't This Be Love?
    Dreams
    Summer Nights
    Best Of Both Worlds
    Love Walks In
    "5150"
    Mine All Mine
    When Its Love
    Cabo Wabo
    Feels So Good
    Finish What Ya Started (remix)
    Black & Blue

    Poundcake
    Runaround
    Right Now
    Top Of The World
    Won't Get Fooled Again (studio edit)
    The Seventh Seal
    Cant Stop Lovin You
    Dont Tell Me (What Love Can Do)
    Not Enough
    Crossing Over
    Humans Being
    Respect The Wind
    Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Me Wise Magic

    Neworld
    Without You
    Thats Why I Love You
    One I Want
    Dirty Water Dog
    Once (original mix)
    Fire In The Hole
    Its About Time
    Up For Breakfast
    Learning To See
    *New Song*
    *New Song*
    *New Song*

    Songs are not seperated by discs, but sperated by every 2-3 CD releases
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

    Detroit Red Wings

    GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    07.11.05
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,883
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

    06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleGuitars99
    Um dude it`s just Donut City.
    So fucking what? Big deal. Where i d'loaded it, it was called The Donut City
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

    "He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

  10. #10
    Good Enough LittleGuitars99's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.16.02
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,546
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    littleguitars
    Last Online

    12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005
    So fucking what? Big deal. Where i d'loaded it, it was called The Donut City

    Now now muffin, I was just pointing it out no need to be like that. The Donut City is where the Cops hang out.
    Last edited by LittleGuitars99; 08.18.05 at 08:24 AM.
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

    Detroit Red Wings

    GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    07.11.05
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,883
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

    06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleGuitars99
    Now now muffin, I was just pointing it out no need to be like that. The Donut City is where the Cops hang out.
    lol, thats very true
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

    "He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

  12. #12
    Hot For Teacher Rat Salade's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.05.04
    Location
    Montreal Canada
    Posts
    281
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 09:04 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 7 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005
    So fucking what? Big deal. Where i d'loaded it, it was called The Donut City

    tss.tss.tss
    Respect your elders young man, or i'll bring out the soap

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. "Say Uncle," "You Wear It Well," "River Wide" and "Left for Dead."
    By extreme red roth in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12.28.16, 06:31 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09.21.06, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01.17.03, 02:11 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01.15.03, 07:45 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06.02.01, 07:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •