Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

06.07.13 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default OK Let's have something good to read....

Folks - It's pretty damn depressing on here at the moment, jeez the hottest story is about Mike's sauce!!!!! So, just to keep our sanity and remember how great this band is, can we post our best memories of VH. The rules are:

Your best memory of seeing VH with Dave.

Your best memory of seeing VH with Sam.

Your best VH memory - not concert related.

Your worst VH memory - not concert related (ie missed appearences etc).

From my perspective:

VH with Dave - Didn't happen, I only saw Dave as the DLR band with Steve Vai as VH have never come to the UK too often (I'm sure it's our tax laws!).

One time at the B'ham NEC, whilst he was on his surfboard thing, he leened over to my sister and said 'Hello Beautiful', two minutes later their were security guards everywhere supposedly looking for her. Her boyfriend at the time clocked what was happening and they left pretty sharpish! Pretty funny...

VH with Sam - The first time I got to see them at B'ham NEC again in 93 myself, my Dad (massive VH fan) and a couple of mates went to the venue in the afternoon as it's only down the road from me in the hope of hearing soundcheck - anyway, a few minutes after we arrive - two Toyota Previas arrive - one smoking (Ed & Al), one non-smoking (Mike & Sam)....it was weird after all those years to finally see them in the flesh. The gig was awesome and I was about five feet from Ed.....

Best memory - met Mike a when he was opening The Bass Centre and got a couple of signed things.....and got my mug in Guitarist magazine....

Worst memory - Around the 93 tour, I worked about two minute from a shop called Musical Exchanges which at the time was just the best guitar shop around. As I knew the guys in there I would visit every lunch time. However, as this was the Monday after the VH gig at the NEC - I was too tired and instead popped in on my way home. One of the guys says 'Where were you earlier? Eddie came in to pick up a EBMM to take for a jam at Toni Iommi's house as his guitars were in transit to SHeffield......sure enough - they break out some photos from one of them instant things and there he is. SHIT! They said he was a real quiet nice guy and they could not believe how small he was - but his hands were freakishly big! The shop is now called Sound Control and it's part of a chain that sells nothing but Fender and Gibson - real streile place, but the photo has been enlarged and is on proud show!
    Ed: Actually, the last record I bought was by a band called Brand X
    Al: I make my living by viciously attacking something
    Mike: ...actually I don't drink.
    Sammy: Are these yours Eddie?
    Dave: Look at that ankle - dirty girl!

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 1,601 Times in 983 Posts

Donor

*Best Dave Memory: (tie) Fair Warning tour, Great Western Forum, On Fire live / Hide Your Sheep tour, Great Western Forum, Little Guitars live.

*Best Sam Memory: (tie) FUCK tour, Pacific Ampitheater, Ed's performance / Reunion tour '04 - sang some of ATBL in the Golden Ring at Staples.

*Best Memory, non-concert:
    Major sexcapades while hiking Haleakala Volcano in Maui to Fair Warning background music.

*Worst Memory, non-concert:
    (three way tie) Dave leaving in '85. Sam leaving in '95. Van Halen III.

Last Online

06.07.13 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Shit - I need to change my non-concert best memory....I got married a couple of months back and the signing and exit music was 'Not Enough' and 'When It's Love'

That rocked! VH at your wedding!
    Ed: Actually, the last record I bought was by a band called Brand X
    Al: I make my living by viciously attacking something
    Mike: ...actually I don't drink.
    Sammy: Are these yours Eddie?
    Dave: Look at that ankle - dirty girl!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

Best memory of seeing VH with Dave: Never saw him with VH. My favorite tour was the Skyscraper tour.

Best memory of seeing VH with Sam: Tied. 1993 tour where they played 'Unchained' and 'Rockin In The Free World' and last year's tour stop in Hartford.

Best VH memory: When they hired Sammy the first time. The great chemistry and good times they had as a band.

Worst VH memory - not concert related: The whole 1996 fiasco.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

best memory with DLR was the fair warning tour in Phila. met the band, stayed at the hotel, what a night!!

best w/ sam was this past tour, sittin in the circle in front of Ed for the who;le show, seeing him in the parking lot, seeing the interaction i had w/ sam and ed and mike and alex all on a bootlegged dvd, getting a pick and high five from Ed.

best w/ gary was in nj concert..just seeing the boys again.
    the solo ed did that night was fucking magical, brought tears to my eyes..was my wifes' first VH experience, then spent the night on a 46' yacht!!
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Best moment with DLR and VH was in Hartford in 1984. It was my first ever concert and it was awesome. I've heard boots from the New Haven show in 84 and it still gives me goosebumps.

Best with Sammy was last tour sitting or should I say standing in the Golden Rings on Mikes side the night of his birthday and giving him a birthday card.

Best with Gary was in Hartford got to do the meet and greet thing and got my picture taken with the band.

Other best times was going to Cabo in 1995 and seeing the shrine to VH for myself and leaving my CT license plate for them to hang on the wall above the bar. tag number VANHLN.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Best Dave Memory-Im only 14, so Id have ta say seeing them all happy together at stage in the 1996 VMAs before the shit hit the fan backstage

Best Sammy Memory-Hearing the news of the summer tour for last year.

Best VH Memory (non-concert)-flippin channels and seein one of those cheap car commercials, and Jump was playin in the backround. LOL, not really, it was the time when my uncle and i went downtown, and a saxophone player broke out 'Aint Talkin Bout Love'

Worst VH Memory (non-concert)-Missing the 1998 live show on MTV. I now have it on DVD
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Best w/Dave: Watching this unknown band wipe the floor (as opening act, 45 minute set) Montrose and Journey in 1978.

Best w/Sam Ed's Guitar solo on the F.U.C.K. tour

Best VH memory non concert: Meeting Dave Roth in the Florida Keys and talking fishing for about 15-20 minutes.

Worst? Dave in, Dave out around the "BOV1" period.

...craig
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Your best memory of seeing VH with Dave. The Fair Warning tour in 1981 - Oakland Coliseum

Your best memory of seeing VH with Sam. The 2004 BOBW tour after the long drought

Your best VH memory - not concert related. Edward & Val gettin hitched.

Your worst VH memory - not concert related (ie missed appearences etc). The BOVI with Dave teaser. Not cool.
    The post-tour bs with Sammy interviews and VH silence (like a vault door closing).
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

The first time I saw the JUMP video, defenetly a PLUS, I never got to see VH with Dave Live but I did saw the Dave and Sam tour, and he defenetly kicked ass!

FUCK TOUR, defenetly VH with Sam at their best!
    Eddie kicked major ass!

2004 TOUR, Eddie's solo starting with Hot For Teacher at the staples, I went fucking crazy.

Your best VH memory - not concert related.
    I saw Eddie outside his house, from car to car, just seeing him, made my day.

Your worst VH memory - not concert related (ie missed appearences etc).
    SAMMY SAYING SHIT ABOUT EDDIE.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

I was 10 when Dave left the band in 85' so . . . various videos and bootlegs.

last summer at the soundcheck in Toronto, oh wait, Sammy didn't do soundchecks Really though, at said show, being in the front row and having Sam sign my 5150 LP. And of course the whole 5 star experience.

Best memory of seeing VH with Gary.
    summer of 98' in Boston. Waiting in line at the Hard Rock Cafe' for 4 hours in mostly rain to see Ed and Gary do an intimate q&a and small set.

Your best VH memory - not concert related
    if this counts, getting Eddie's pick from Scotty Ross after the Hard Rock appearance.

Your worst VH memory - not concert related
    tie, 96' fiasco and right now trying to be a VH fan

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Best Memory of seeing VH with Dave--Let you know after it happens.

Best Memory of seeing VH with Sam--FUCK tour Dec. 13, 1991 Miami, Fl. The day after I turned 21. My first concert with a legal buzz.

Best VH memory--1984. Insane year, all over the radio, MTV, the biggest and the baddest band in the world.

Worst VH memory--hearing in 1996 that Dave was not in the band for keeps and they were hiring Gary Cherone as singer. Unfortunately, it's the memory that keeps on giving.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 1,601 Times in 983 Posts

Donor

Interesting how many agree that Ed was a bad ass mofo on the FUCK tour.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Interesting how many agree that Ed was a bad ass mofo on the FUCK tour.
    Ed was smoking that night. I also failed to mention that I was working in a Ticketmaster outlet at the time and snagged 2nd row center, so close I could actually see what brand of cigarette Ed was smoking.

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Happy to see some positive threads around here..here goes

...Best with Dlr....Well, only saw the '84 tour...I jumped out of my seat when they opened with Unchained like someone lit a firecracker on my ass...damn there are the VH boys..and Ed in all his glory, I was only 16 and there was my guitar hero just a hundred feet in front of me creating that beautiful sound and looking like he was having the time of his life doing it....that wonderful Ed smile..like, damn, I get paid to do this??

...Best with Sam.....The tour in '04. I checked vhnd at five a.m....and saw they were going on tour and coming to Detroit...ran back into the room where my wife was sleeping and shouted....THEY'RE COMING TO TOWN!! I was so excited I had to tell someone!! Then later at the five star shaking Ed's hand. Row 2 right in front of Ed all night. Thank God that happened.

...Worst Moment...probably now...'cuz I really think it is over...but at least I have these wonderful memories to hang on to!!