vh II OR balance
    Favorite VH Song

damn near all of them!
    Last Online

04.19.17 @ 04:47 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Default The Madden 2006 Thread

got the game yesterday..... played for hours. got totally wrapped up in the "superstar" mode. my player got drafted in the 3rd round by the denver broncos. very cool. the thing i don't like is that you have to play a whole season with the team that drafted ya. kinda blows. graphics are great and the animation gets better every year. still don't understand why they have to charge $50 for the thing!! thank god for gift cards! looking for to going home and starting my new franchise!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by namedmydaughterHALEN
    still don't understand why they have to charge $50 for the thing!!
    EA's exclusive NFL-brand Monolopy - When there's no competition, they can charge any price they want...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough namedmydaughterHALEN's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

vh II OR balance
    Favorite VH Song

damn near all of them!
    Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    EA's exclusive NFL-brand Monolopy - When there's no competition, they can charge any price they want...
    yeah i know and that blows!!!!!!!!!!! hell last years NFL 2K5 was better than madden and was over have the price!! bastards! no reason they can't charge $19.99. they would sell tons more..... but yes they sell millions at the current price so why change.
    now back to the topic at hand.....THIS GAME KICKS ASS!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Yep. The monopoly trend with sports games that has started sucks. Last year's price wars were awesome.

Boycott buying games until the manufacturers drop their prices. (Yeah, like that will help)
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many!
    Last Online

03.12.07 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I too, bought it yesterday. The graffix are improved in my opinion but I STILL think NFL2k had a better overall look than even this new Madden 06. I just have to let it go I guess since Madden is my only choice for NFL gaming. I might check out Midway's game though....especially since the QB for the wannabe Falcons is Ron Mexico lol.
    I didn't explore the player creation options yesterday. I just jumped right into a season with my Lions. They actually are finally decent on the game. The gameplay was pretty good. The new passing feature is pretty neat though I am not 100% sold on it yet. If I don't like it I'll just turn it off.
    I will say this Madden blows away the Madden from 05. On a 1 to 10 scale I will give it a 7.5 so far! My review will be continued as I get deeper into the features.
    "Maybe I was the only one, but I really felt like we could surprise these guys. Obviously, that was not the case."

Brett Favre 09/10/06

http://www.myspace.com/lionzrule

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

I don't know that I'll be buying this, at least not at full price. I'll probably wait like I do every year and wait until it drops below $20 at Wal-Mart.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    I don't know that I'll be buying this, at least not at full price. I'll probably wait like I do every year and wait until it drops below $20 at Wal-Mart.

I am too weak and just had to get it! My wife could of killed me but oh well....that's what wives are for.
    I couldn't even hold off on getting it more than 12 hours from when it was released.I admire your strength! I just gotta have my fb game I guess. Now if I can just get the kids to bed earlier!
    "Maybe I was the only one, but I really felt like we could surprise these guys. Obviously, that was not the case."

Brett Favre 09/10/06

Favorite VH Album

vh II OR balance
    Favorite VH Song

damn near all of them!
    Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BottomzUp
    I am too weak and just had to get it! My wife could of killed me but oh well....that's what wives are for.
    I couldn't even hold off on getting it more than 12 hours from when it was released.I admire your strength! I just gotta have my fb game I guess. Now if I can just get the kids to bed earlier!
    i know what ya mean...... i had a $50 gift card to best buy. well i left it at home yesterday. i had drive home for lunch to pick it up. 20 minute each way and then i went by best buy to get it then came back to work. i couldn't even play it for another 4 1/2 hours, but at least i finally had it!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by namedmydaughterHALEN
    i know what ya mean...... i had a $50 gift card to best buy. well i left it at home yesterday. i had drive home for lunch to pick it up. 20 minute each way and then i went by best buy to get it then came back to work. i couldn't even play it for another 4 1/2 hours, but at least i finally had it!
    Yeah...I guess we are pretty sad...OR simply still kids. I sat here at my desk after geting it at lunch up the street at the mall. I broke the seal on that bad boy and opened it up as if looking at the disc would provide me satisfaction.

Brett Favre 09/10/06

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 732 Times in 296 Posts

Yeah, I got it last night. $44.99 on sale....

The game play seems a little choppy at times, but I need to play with it more. I do miss 2K5....I gave mine away because I had to concentrate on my Madden skills....I may buy it again just to have for the historical teams or something....

Alot of people are bitching about it, saying "Oh, it's the same thing from last year.." Well, we've kind of reached the limit to what can be done graphics-wise on a PS2.... Football itself is pretty much the same every year....How much can you possibly change the video game?

The kids bitching are the ones that didn't have to grow up playing what passed for "Football" on an Atari 2600, which was basically 1 dot throwing a smaller dot to another dot while being chased by 3 more dots......

Favorite VH Album

vh II OR balance
    Favorite VH Song

damn near all of them!
    Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BottomzUp
    Yeah...I guess we are pretty sad...OR simply still kids. I sat here at my desk after geting it at lunch up the street at the mall. I broke the seal on that bad boy and opened it up as if looking at the disc would provide me satisfaction.
    yeah i broke mine open to to read the book......well no book this year. they want ya to fork over another $16 for the book. pretty nuts.
    but its a right of passage i guess.
    almost wanted to bring the ps2 to work today!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EJC
    Yeah, I got it last night. $44.99 on sale....

The game play seems a little choppy at times, but I need to play with it more. I do miss 2K5....I gave mine away because I had to concentrate on my Madden skills....I may buy it again just to have for the historical teams or something....

Alot of people are bitching about it, saying "Oh, it's the same thing from last year.." Well, we've kind of reached the limit to what can be done graphics-wise on a PS2.... Football itself is pretty much the same every year....How much can you possibly change the video game?
    LOL...that's my question....I have 2K5 Classic, is '06 worth getting if you have last years Madden?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I only rented last year's Madden but I think this years is MUCH better in terms of gameplay and graffix. I thought that 04 and 05 had practically NO differences in them.
    Last edited by BottomzUp; 08.10.05 at 07:45 AM.

Brett Favre 09/10/06

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 732 Times in 296 Posts

This game has really been growing on me. I turn the commentator volume to 0%, take the controls back to Madden05, and get rid of the passing cone.

One thing I noticed, I don't know if it's on 05 or not....

When you go to kick a field goal at the end of the game, you hear a loud heartbeat, and the controller rumbles like crazy.... It worked, because I missed a chip shot that could have won a game.

Madden really is more enjoyable if you get rid of the commentator volume. You wouldn't hear that shit on the field anyway.

I'm finding my stats are more on par with what they would be in a real game. I use P. Manning, and on 04 I was completing like 90% of my passes for 400yrds a game.

Now I'm only completing about 70% for 230yrds a game

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

pretty much all of them
    Last Online

04.02.13 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Madden games havent been good in a few years. Last years ESPN 2k5 was a better football game IMO.

Madden seems too 'Floaty".
    What do you mean i dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday!