Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 439
  1. #406
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    01.05.02
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    Posts
    134
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 09:48 AM
    Likes
    8
    Liked 48 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    It's family, there are times when you just need to execute selective amnesia and move on.

    True and in due time that will happen. Plus they'll be able to do a nice reunion tour and financially benefit from it. There's always a plus side.

  2. #407
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    39,240
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 10:17 PM
    Likes
    16,588
    Liked 22,530 Times in 12,835 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    It's family, there are times when you just need to execute selective amnesia and move on.
    "Selective amnesia is only a HEARTbeat away" ...



    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  3. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  4. #408
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    39,240
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 10:17 PM
    Likes
    16,588
    Liked 22,530 Times in 12,835 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Killah ...

    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  5. #409
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    11,931
    Favorite VH Album

    II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 08:57 PM
    Likes
    7,144
    Liked 10,710 Times in 5,819 Posts

    Default

    I heard this heavy, great Heart song today, with Ann Wilson knocking me on my ass with
    her stellar voice.

    I had never heard it before, so i assumed it was from Bebe Le Strange, or very early 80's.

    Turns out it was from their huge comeback album, with all the hits.
    But this song was one of the very few not penned by song doctors.

    The song was called, "The Wolf."

  6. #410
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    39,240
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 10:17 PM
    Likes
    16,588
    Liked 22,530 Times in 12,835 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  7. #411
    <><><><><><><><><> Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    36,818
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 10:21 PM
    Likes
    2,437
    Liked 9,807 Times in 5,325 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Ann Wilson Immortal Track List

    1. "A Different Corner" (George Michael)
    2. "A Thousand Kisses Deep" (Leonard Cohen)
    3. "Back to Black" (Amy Winehouse)
    4. "Baker Street" (Gerry Rafferty)
    5. "I Am the Highway" (Audioslave)
    6. "I'm Afraid of Americans" (David Bowie)
    7. "Life in the Fast Lane" (The Eagles)
    8. "Luna" (Tom Petty)
    9. "Politician" (Cream)
    10. "You Don't Own Me" (Lesley Gore)

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-album-w520957

  8. #412
    Good Enough CalFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.12.13
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    1,735
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 01:04 PM
    Likes
    687
    Liked 1,584 Times in 839 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    This would have been a cool gig to be at

    Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

  9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  10. #413
    Atomic Punk Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    18,579
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 02:40 PM
    Likes
    2,925
    Liked 2,234 Times in 1,385 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Ann Wilson Immortal Track List

    1. "A Different Corner" (George Michael)
    2. "A Thousand Kisses Deep" (Leonard Cohen)
    3. "Back to Black" (Amy Winehouse)
    4. "Baker Street" (Gerry Rafferty)
    5. "I Am the Highway" (Audioslave)
    6. "I'm Afraid of Americans" (David Bowie)
    7. "Life in the Fast Lane" (The Eagles)
    8. "Luna" (Tom Petty)
    9. "Politician" (Cream)
    10. "You Don't Own Me" (Lesley Gore)

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-album-w520957
    Auidoslave....nice!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  11. #414
    <><><><><><><><><> Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    36,818
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 10:21 PM
    Likes
    2,437
    Liked 9,807 Times in 5,325 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Heart Reunite for All-Star ‘Love Alive’ Summer Tour

    Sheryl Crow, Brandi Carlile, Joan Jett & The [Blackhearts] and Elle King to join Wilson sisters on road at select dates


    Heart Tour Dates

    +with Sheryl Crow

    ^ with Joan Jett & the Blackhearts

    & Lucie Silvas opening

    # Elle King opening

    % with Brandi Carlile



    July 9 – St. Louis, MO @ Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre +&
    July 11 – Chicago, IL @ Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre +&
    July 14 – Toronto, ON @ Budweiser Stage +#
    July 16 – Montreal, QC @ Centre Bell +#
    July 17 – Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center +#
    July 20 – Hartford, CT @ Xfinity Theatre +#
    July 21 – Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center +&
    July 23 – Bangor, ME @ Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion +#
    July 24 – Gilford, NH @ Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion +#
    July 26 – Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lake Amphitheater ^#
    July 27 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center #
    July 29 – Bethel, NY @ Bethel Woods Center for the Arts +#
    July 30 – Syracuse, NY @ St. Joseph’s Health Amphitheater at Lakeview +#
    August 1 – Burgettstown, PA @ KeyBank Pavilion ^#
    August 2 – Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion ^#
    August 4 – Cleveland, OH @ Blossom Music Theater ^#
    August 5 – Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Pavilion ^#
    August 7 – Indianapolis, IN @ Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center ^#
    August 8 – Nashville, TN @ Ascend Amphitheater ^#
    August 10 – Raleigh, NC @ Coastal Credit Union Music Park ^#
    August 11 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater ^#
    August 13 – Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post Pavilion ^#
    August 14 – Charlotte, NC @ PNC Music Pavilion ^#
    August 16 – West Palm Beach, FL @ Coral Sky Amphitheater #
    August 17 – Tampa, FL @ MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheater ^#
    August 19 – Atlanta, GA @ Ameris Bank Amphitheatre %#
    August 20 – Birmingham, AL @ Oak Mountain Amphitheatre %#
    August 22 – Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion ^#
    August 23 – Dallas, TX @ Dos Equis Pavilion #
    August 25 – Albuquerque, NM @ Isleta Amphitheater ^#
    August 27 – Chula Vista, CA @ North Island Credit Union Amphitheater ^#
    August 28 – Phoenix, AZ @ Ak-Chin Pavilion ^#
    August 30 – Salt Lake City, UT @ USANA Amphitheater
    August 31 – Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center ^#
    September 3 – Portland, OR @ Sunlight Supply Amphitheater ^#
    September 4 – Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome ^#
    September 6 – Concord, CA @ Concord Pavilion ^#
    September 8 – Las Vegas, NV @ Pearl Concert Theater at Palms Casino Resort ^
    September 9 – Hollywood, CA @ Hollywood Bowl ^#

  12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  13. #415
    carpe damn diem billy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.19.00
    Age
    55
    Location
    On to Cincinnati...
    Posts
    30,044
    Favorite VH Song

    "Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 06:33 PM
    Likes
    1,452
    Liked 2,017 Times in 1,383 Posts

    Default

    I hope when they say "reunite" they mean the Wilson sisters, not all the old '70s members with either just Ann or Nancy!

    (although the Wilson sisters and all the old '70s members would be nice to hear about too!)

  14. #416
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    39,240
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 10:17 PM
    Likes
    16,588
    Liked 22,530 Times in 12,835 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    The Wilson Sisters obviously love Led Zeppelin and that is a GOOD thing …

    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  15. #417
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.12.01
    Age
    61
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,801
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 02:33 PM
    Likes
    6,306
    Liked 3,446 Times in 2,098 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    First time I listened to.that was in my buddies Oldsmobile on the way to a nightclub and we were knocking back Miller Lights. 1977

    Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

  16. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  17. #418
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    39,240
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 10:17 PM
    Likes
    16,588
    Liked 22,530 Times in 12,835 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Another one of my favorites with a heavy LZ influence …

    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  18. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  19. #419
    Hang 'Em High noise next door's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.03.03
    Posts
    5,507
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 07:22 PM
    Likes
    886
    Liked 3,247 Times in 1,708 Posts

    Default

    Was watching the Maple Leafs at NY Rangers hockey last night from MSG...

    They actually played "Out on the Tiles" over the PA... never heard that song in any sports venue ever.


    --------------
    +++++++

    The drums on this one are identical to Bonham's feel...


  20. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  21. #420
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    25,841
    Last Online

    04.24.19 @ 10:51 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3,006 Times in 1,917 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Heart Reunite for All-Star ‘Love Alive’ Summer Tour

    Sheryl Crow, Brandi Carlile, Joan Jett & The [Blackhearts] and Elle King to join Wilson sisters on road at select dates


    Heart Tour Dates

    +with Sheryl Crow

    ^ with Joan Jett & the Blackhearts

    & Lucie Silvas opening

    # Elle King opening

    % with Brandi Carlile



    July 9 – St. Louis, MO @ Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre +&
    July 11 – Chicago, IL @ Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre +&
    July 14 – Toronto, ON @ Budweiser Stage +#
    July 16 – Montreal, QC @ Centre Bell +#
    July 17 – Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center +#
    July 20 – Hartford, CT @ Xfinity Theatre +#
    July 21 – Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center +&
    July 23 – Bangor, ME @ Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion +#
    July 24 – Gilford, NH @ Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion +#
    July 26 – Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lake Amphitheater ^#
    July 27 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center #
    July 29 – Bethel, NY @ Bethel Woods Center for the Arts +#
    July 30 – Syracuse, NY @ St. Joseph’s Health Amphitheater at Lakeview +#
    August 1 – Burgettstown, PA @ KeyBank Pavilion ^#
    August 2 – Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion ^#
    August 4 – Cleveland, OH @ Blossom Music Theater ^#
    August 5 – Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Pavilion ^#
    August 7 – Indianapolis, IN @ Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center ^#
    August 8 – Nashville, TN @ Ascend Amphitheater ^#
    August 10 – Raleigh, NC @ Coastal Credit Union Music Park ^#
    August 11 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater ^#
    August 13 – Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post Pavilion ^#
    August 14 – Charlotte, NC @ PNC Music Pavilion ^#
    August 16 – West Palm Beach, FL @ Coral Sky Amphitheater #
    August 17 – Tampa, FL @ MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheater ^#
    August 19 – Atlanta, GA @ Ameris Bank Amphitheatre %#
    August 20 – Birmingham, AL @ Oak Mountain Amphitheatre %#
    August 22 – Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion ^#
    August 23 – Dallas, TX @ Dos Equis Pavilion #
    August 25 – Albuquerque, NM @ Isleta Amphitheater ^#
    August 27 – Chula Vista, CA @ North Island Credit Union Amphitheater ^#
    August 28 – Phoenix, AZ @ Ak-Chin Pavilion ^#
    August 30 – Salt Lake City, UT @ USANA Amphitheater
    August 31 – Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center ^#
    September 3 – Portland, OR @ Sunlight Supply Amphitheater ^#
    September 4 – Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome ^#
    September 6 – Concord, CA @ Concord Pavilion ^#
    September 8 – Las Vegas, NV @ Pearl Concert Theater at Palms Casino Resort ^
    September 9 – Hollywood, CA @ Hollywood Bowl ^#
    Heart seems to be enjoying one of those rare late career renaissances. They've headlined the Hollywood Bowl a couple times these last several years. Heck, I last saw 'em in '07 and they were playing podunk casinos. I'm glad. The Sisters Wilson have earned their royalty and then some.

    That show at the Hollywood Bowl with JJ and the Blackhearts opening is very, very tempting. I actually have never seen Joan live and I think that's probably an error.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. The Official U2 Thread
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 1289
    Last Post: 03.21.19, 06:27 AM
  2. Social Styles: Wilson Learning...
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03.09.06, 12:49 PM
  3. the official GIT ER DONE! thread
    By JMJ in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02.08.05, 04:19 AM
  4. The official Get Well Ed thread
    By jaybird in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05.06.01, 06:05 AM
  5. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 09.17.00, 11:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •