Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

M~W~M, HBSD, STW
    Last Online

10.09.15 @ 12:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sammy 8-6-05

Just got home from The Knob (sorry, it will never be DET energy music whatever to me) and Sammy Pary was awesome. I cant even call it a concert, because we all felt like we were in his living room. I am going to go to bed and post more later, as I am drunk off my ass and actually impressed at the fact that I got this much out and legible... it is legible isnt it?

HIGHS:
    Fast Time @ Ridgemont High
    Girl Gets around
    (both tunes I dont think he has played live before)

LOWS:
    Weird ass version of Right Now
    No EAGLES FLY, my fav SH song

More later
    Night night
    She got a doorbell sign that said:
    "bring it or don't ring it."

She's the woman

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sounds cool, can't wait to hear more!
    Last edited by janthraxx; 08.06.05 at 10:23 PM.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

M~W~M, HBSD, STW
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    Sounds cool, can't wait to hear more!
    Cant wait to remember more

She's the woman

Last Online

02.14.09 @ 06:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by MeWizeMagic
    Cant wait to remember more
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll be here to read it when you do!

BTW, he HAS played those two songs live. I can't recall exactly where I heard them...had to be either in Cabo last year, Tahoe or at that last gig in Vegas for the private show thingie. I was at all of those and I know I heard them. You don't hear those two very often! Glad to hear he's bringing some of the 'oldies but goodies' back into his set!

JA
    "I don't care if I never get another fan. I'm KEEPIN' all of these!" -S.H.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I am going to go to bed and post more later, as I am drunk off my ass and actually impressed at the fact that I got this much out and legible... it is legible isnt it?
    How the hell could you spell right then ??

lmao, nice to hear you had a great time, hope to read more soon

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Double Post
    Last edited by the_atomic_punks_rule; 08.07.05 at 12:53 AM.

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

LOWS:No EAGLES FLY, my fav SH song
    He couldn't pull out all the rare tracks.

Favorite VH Album

Dave - WACF, Sam - FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Dream is Over
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 09:23 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by the_atomic_punks_rule
    He couldn't pull out all the rare tracks.
    There is someone in this world who is not sick of hearing that song live. Learn something new everyday.
    If it's BROWN, flush it DOWN.

GO STEELERS!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.18.12 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great show last night at DTE. All sorts of stuff in the parking lot area for everyones drunken amusement before the show. I'd say there was probably 14,000-15,000 people there last night. There were a ton of people out in the lawn but it wasn't super packed either which made it more enjoyable. I think he only played 3 VH songs which to me was the only disapointment (TotW, Runaround, and the guitar version of Right Now). He did play a new song that sounded pretty cool though. Fast Time as Ridgemont High, and Girl Gets Around were the highlights of the show for me!! Especially Girl Gets Around. I loved that in Footloose!! The Montrose stuff was pretty cool. He only played like 4 songs or something like that. But cool none the less. A little too drunk to remember the set-list, but no Eagle's Fly, Tropic of Capricorn, and very little VH. I hate to say it, but I kinda missed Eagle's Fly. The place usually goes bananas for that song. Even still, I had WAY more fun at this one than I did at the Fox in May.

Last Online

01.23.14 @ 07:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

how can you trust this guy's judgement....his favourite sammy song is eagle's fly!!!

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

M~W~M, HBSD, STW
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    How the hell could you spell right then ??

lmao, nice to hear you had a great time, hope to read more soon
    ALOT of backspacing, thats all I have to say.

She's the woman

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

M~W~M, HBSD, STW
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alright, lets get down to it.
    Gates opened @ 3 for the party. My group arrived in our drunken stooper at abot 4ish, and the parking lot was in full swing. Having rode with a friend in her Sebring Convertable, we got ushered to the first few rows of parking for top down cars. Lots going on here. Mucho eye candy, and a few that you wish some loved one would pull them aside and tell them the truth. things that make you go "UGH". DTE officials were pretty kewl, only making you stop drinking if you didnt have it in a cup. Sammy is on track with his FREE CONCERT thing, but you can imagine that EVERYTHING else is $. Wanna pic with the donkey with a sambrero? $10. etc.....

They said Sam was going on stage at 7, but it had to be every bit of 8 before anything happened. I had never seen SH live other than with VH, but had seen every VH show in Michigan since Balance. The thing that stood out to me about the whole thing, is Sammy Hagar was having fun. He didnt care what anyone else thought, he was gunna play whatever he wanted and do whatever he wanted. 3 VH tunes were good, still say Right Now was kinda f'd up, but it gave everyone a chance to smoke thier..... stuff..... to a good stoner version of RN. The reason I said I dont think he had played FTARH and GGA is that Sammy said he hadnt. Maybe he has, but GGA was awesome. That track has been on repeat off ERC for months now, but I never thought I would see it live.

Sammy band was great, Montrose wasnt bad, but not riviting either. Set list was all over the place. Man he hit em all.
    Anyone else think its funny when the Musician says shit like "Great to be here tonight Detroit!" and im like dude, Detroit is 45 min away, yer in HICKVILLE!

Thats it for now, more as I remember it.

She's the woman

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

Alright, lets get down to it.
    Gates opened @ 3 for the party. My group arrived in our drunken stooper at abot 4ish, and the parking lot was in full swing. Having rode with a friend in her Sebring Convertable, we got ushered to the first few rows of parking for top down cars. Lots going on here. Mucho eye candy, and a few that you wish some loved one would pull them aside and tell them the truth. things that make you go "UGH". DTE officials were pretty kewl, only making you stop drinking if you didnt have it in a cup. Sammy is on track with his FREE CONCERT thing, but you can imagine that EVERYTHING else is $. Wanna pic with the donkey with a sambrero? $10. etc.....

They said Sam was going on stage at 7, but it had to be every bit of 8 before anything happened. I had never seen SH live other than with VH, but had seen every VH show in Michigan since Balance. The thing that stood out to me about the whole thing, is Sammy Hagar was having fun. He didnt care what anyone else thought, he was gunna play whatever he wanted and do whatever he wanted. 3 VH tunes were good, still say Right Now was kinda f'd up, but it gave everyone a chance to smoke thier..... stuff..... to a good stoner version of RN. The reason I said I dont think he had played FTARH and GGA is that Sammy said he hadnt. Maybe he has, but GGA was awesome. That track has been on repeat off ERC for months now, but I never thought I would see it live.

Sammy band was great, Montrose wasnt bad, but not riviting either. Set list was all over the place. Man he hit em all.
    Anyone else think its funny when the Musician says shit like "Great to be here tonight Detroit!" and im like dude, Detroit is 45 min away, yer in HICKVILLE!

Thats it for now, more as I remember it.

I'll agree with all of that but would like to add that there was a really cool video montage in the begining, lots of old stuff, Mike saying "welcome to the cabo wabo!!!" Lots of VH footage then you cut to sammy out of nowhere and he's like Welcome Detroit!!!! Very cool way to start a show. No keyboard player so that's why RN was a little f'd up but I thought it was still pretty good. Liked the setlist, the new song was good I think it was called "the way we live" Montrose was good but Ronnie looked like my 8th grade science teacher and Bill Church looked pretty rough. I went with a guy who really has had no exposure to Sammy or VH and he loved it, could not believe Sammy was as old as he is. I asked him if he thought it was a commercial for Cabo Wabo and he said no, it was just a guy having fun.

I'll give it 8 out of 10 stars, the only shows I'd give 10 out of 10 are VH in 93, 95 at Pine knob and 04 at the palace.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.18.12 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dr.bullet
    how can you trust this guy's judgement....his favourite sammy song is eagle's fly!!!

Hehe, I never said it's my favorite song!! It's just fun to hear the whole place sing it. I too went with some people who know very little about Sammy and they each said that had a lot better time than they thought they would.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Big Trouble
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:58 PM
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts

I made the trip up from C-Town...and i have to say i was totally impressed...not only with Sammy's performance which was stellar...but totally impressed with Pine Knob...and the amount of people that were there...it was freaking packed...i sat up in the lawn...and you could barely find a square inch to fit yourself into...very impressed with the faithful in Detroit

This was my fourth time seeing a Sammy show, but the first time i heard him play Heavy Metal (my fav sammy tune) i was pretty much in heavan...
    The Montross stuff should have been the opener if you ask me...i know Bad Motor Scooter and Rock Candy from them and thats it...

but still great freaking show...good job D-Town way to step up (I can't believe he played songs from Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Footloose)
    Don't tell anyone else from Ohio i said this...but for once i was impressed with the Wolverine state
    Kosovo Je Srbija