Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Summer Nights
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 91 Times in 38 Posts

Default Kings of Leon

Anyone a fan? I have been listening to Aha Shake Heartbreak quite a bit. It has really grown on me. The lead singer's mumbling style is still a point of contention with me, but I have grown quite fond of the riffs and melodies.

Favorite VH Album

Can you actually just pick 1?
    Favorite VH Song

Can you actually just pick 1?
    Last Online

04.21.16 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I saw them open for U2 early this year and they were pretty good. I was impressed when the drummer played a pretty cool shuffle boogie that swung and reminded me of Alex a little bit.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Too many
    Last Online

11.22.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

sorry guys...i can't stand them.The 70's blood rock redition is horindous. How these guys have a deal is beyond me. Though to each his own. Just my opinion

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:51 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Have yet to hear a single note, but I keep hearing talk about them.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

07.09.11 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I remember an Irish girl at work telling me about them and sending me their album to listen to. It's not bad stuff from what I remember, just not really my taste I guess. Some of their lyrics were funny!
    Bobby Cohn: Who's going to be at Waynestock?
    Wayne Campbell: Um, uh...Aerosmith & Pearl Jam!
    Garth Algar: Ha ha ha ha ho!
    Bobby: Who else?
    Garth: Uh, me...and...and Wayne...
    Wayne: ...and uh...VAN HALEN!!!
    Garth: Wow. Van Halen. Who else?
    Bobby: Yeah, who else?
    Wayne: Uh, an old man fashioning a kayak out of a log?

- Wayne's World 2

"God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." - Winston Churchill

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

I just picked up their "Only By The Night" cd and I have to admit I like it-and this is from someone who doesn't give any new music a chance whatsoever. I've been listening to 3 tracks in particular repeatedly (really fond of Sex on Fire and Somebody). I'm very tempted to pick up their other Cds.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Geesh... they remind me of an older group. I can't put my finger on just who though. When I heard their last hit on the radio I could have sworn that it was and older song re made by them.
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

I kinda don't like their new CD.

From an artistic perspective it's very good. But to me it's just not "them." The Kings of Leon I grew to love was good for songs like "Four Kicks" and "King of the Rodeo." And like I said, they're pretty solid and tight now, but it's just not the Kings I'd come to enjoy.

"Only By The Night" had it's highlights. "Crawl," "Sex On Fire," "Notion." I'm not really dissing them at all. I just like their older stuff better.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:21 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Kings of Leon Cancels Its St. Louis Show After Playing Three Songs Because of Bird Shit

Kings of Leon canceled its St. Louis show on Friday night at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater after playing just three songs. We've not officially confirmed why -- although the prevailing rumor at the moment is that bird shit is the culprit.

RFT online intern Steve Hardy, who was set to review the show for A to Z, said that things seemed fine during opening sets by the Stills and the Postelles, and at the start of KOL's set. (He noted that "the songs they played were great - there was a good solo on 'Crawl.'")

After the Nashville band finished "Taper Jean Girl," the third song of the set, it walked off stage. According to Hardy, the house lights stayed off for a short while and then went up, and then someone came to the stage and said that "due to concerns over the band's safety, we are canceling the show. Please file out in an orderly fashion." RFT photographer Erin Kinsella estimated it was "3 to 5 minutes after the stage went dark" that they made the announcement. She also noted that security was then beefed up near the stage.

Adds Hardy: "Everyone was convinced it was a hoax."

Mass confusion ensued. The crowd started booing and chanting, "Bullshit!"; Hardy said the parking lot was full of honking horns and the sound of bottles being broken.

The official @rftmusic Twitter, of course, started exploding with angry messages, tips, perplexed reactions - and rumbling about "pigeons." In fact, Kings of Leon drummer Nathan Followill tweeted the following:

@doctorfollowill So sorry St. Louis. We had to bail, pigeons shitting in jareds mouth. Too unsanitary to continue.

@doctorfollowill Don't take it out on Jared, it's the fucking venues fault. You may enjoy being shit on but we don't. Sorry for all who traveled many miles.

Translation: A pigeon shit in bassist Jared Followill's mouth. Now, this seems preposterous - except Hardy also said that opening band the Postelles dedicated a song "to our bassist, who just got shat on."

Justin Burnett, 31, of Manchester, Missouri, confirmed Hardy's observation - and noted that the Stills' bassist, Oliver Corbeil, was also hit by what appeared to be bird shit. Burnett was in the front row, directly in front of Kings of Leon vocalist Caleb Followill, and said that the creature was in the rafters of the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater.

"It was so high up you couldn't see it, but it was definitely a bird," Burnett says. "And not to be gross, but when a pigeon shits, it comes out as a long line, and it's very noticeable. We thought it was water at first, and when the opening act commented on being shat on, we knew it was a bird."

After Kings of Leon walked offstage, Burnett says he saw people shining a spotlight near where the bird was in the rafters.

"We thought they were coming back onstage," he says, in reference to the band. "We were disappointed that they chose to cancel the show."

He added later: "I really wish they would've found a way to keep on playing, because they disappointed everyone there."

Unlike the situation with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell -- who fell ill due to dehydration during last Sunday's show at the same venue -- there's been no indication yet that heat was a factor in the cancellation. (Heat indexes yesterday in the area were over 100.) Burnett also stressed that he did not see bottles or other objects thrown onstage.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/ato...eat.php?page=1
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:04 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

They're lucky St. Louis is a bit more civil than we used to be. They could have had a Guns & Roses situation here.

That being said, what a bunch of pussies. Buy a poncho and play the rest of the show.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

I bet if it had been Nugent, the pigeon would've ceased being a problem.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Kings of Leon Cancels Its St. Louis Show After Playing Three Songs Because of Bird Shit

that's lame...

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    They're lucky St. Louis is a bit more civil than we used to be. They could have had a Guns & Roses situation here.

That being said, what a bunch of pussies. Buy a poncho and play the rest of the show.
    But that is just so gross....ewwww. I don't know if I would want to continue either. Probably go right to an emergency room to make sure I'm not going to get some weird bird diease like bird flu or something. Yuck!!
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 18,146 Times in 8,966 Posts

I just somehow don't see AC/DC or Judas Priest cancelling a show for that.

I mean, Bon Scott was a bad ass, and Rob Halford has had worse things in his mouth than pigeon poop.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Default Kings of Leon Concert Cut Short, Another Nixed; Bassist Admits 'Problems in Band'

from billboard.com:

Are there problems in the Kingdom of Leon? Caleb Followill, frontman of Kings of Leon, cut short a concert in steamy Dallas Friday after telling fans he was taking a breather to throw up. He did not return, and apologies from other members of the band -- which essentially threw Caleb under the bus -- have raised worries there may be bigger problems afoot.

"I'm gonna go backstage and I'm gonna vomit, I'm gonna drink a beer and I'm gonna come back out and play three more songs," Followill, 29, told fans at Dallas' Gexa Energy Pavilion.

A video montage uploaded by YouTube user "Trodmac" follows the path of the concert, with Followill telling fans his voice was "100% gone" and asking them to sing every word of their hits to help him out. He called Dallas "one of the best crowds we played for" all summer.

Followill also told fans, "for the record I'm not drunk, I'm just f******* hot." According to the Hollywood Reporter, temperatures were in the 90s during the concert.

But after he left and did not return, two other members of the band took to the microphone to apologize to fans.

"We are so unbelievably sorry. There's no words right now, it's beyond our control," said one band member, reported to be bassist Jared Followill. "Caleb's just a little unfit to play the rest of the show."

The band continued, "We love you guys so much, but I know you guys f****** hate us. I'm so sorry. It's really not our fault, it's Caleb. He can't play the rest of the show. We will be back."

While the official explanation for Caleb Followill's exit was from heat exhaustion and dehydration, his brother Jared hinted to his Twitter followers that there was more to the story.

"Dallas, I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am. There are internal sicknesses & problems that have needed to be addressed. No words," he wrote, later adding, "I love our fans so much. I know you guys aren't stupid. I can't lie. There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade."

The "Sex on Fire" rockers also postponed a concert scheduled for Saturday outside Houston.

These live problems arrive a year after the band abandoned a concert in St. Louis three songs into their set because pigeons were defecating on them.