Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Default Finding a job really sucks!

You ever get the feeling that its almost hopeless to find a job because they are all taken? Well thats what I feel like and it sucks.

My mom has been on my ass for the past week about finding a job and even though I know that I need to get a job in order to pay for gas and guitar stuff, she doesnt realize that most businesses these days only hire when your 18. I'll be 18 in 5 months but that doesnt help me any right now. Ive called 10 places in the past week and 5 of those places said that I had to be 18, the other 5 werent hiring so its like what the hell? Ive tried calling everyting from the dollar store to office depot and you have to be 18 for stocking shelves which is what I wanted to do in the first place.

The last job I had was working at a take-n-bake pizza shop and it royally sucked. Even though I worked there for 2 months, I hated every minute of it because it was always go, go, go, go, go! and it drove me nuts. And unfortunatley with my learning disability (ADD), its really hard for me to always go, go, go, go because im still on the first go and even then its difficult for me because I dont pick up on things that quickly. Im not trying to use it as a crutch, but its the fuckin truth but somehow my mom seems to forget that.

I always feel like im getting the job for her because shes always telling me that I need to get a job. Its like "I know I need to get a job, but let me get one without feeling like I have to get it for you!" Sure it would be really nice to have money for things like gas and my girlfriend but whats the point of getting a job if im not going to enjoy it? Ive been wanting to work at my local guitar shop for a couple of years now because I actually know something about the product that they sell but you have to be 18 there too!

I absolutley refuse to work in the food business anymore so thats why im trying to get these stocking jobs but you have to be 18 which is just complete bullshit!!!

.....sorry, just had to vent there a bit. If anyone else has been in this situation, let me know cuz this really sucks.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Boxer 9901
    Sure it would be really nice to have money for things like gas and my girlfriend but whats the point of getting a job if im not going to enjoy it?
    I know what you are going through, but you lost me on that sentence.

The point of a job is to make money, I never had a job that I enjoyed. That is why they call it work. Work isn't fun.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Work can and should be fun. I think it's important to find a job that you can enjoy. We spend a lot of time working, and dislike what you're doing all that time... There are better ways.

TB, you've got limited choices. Teenage and college jobs aren't usually much fun, but they can be. I shuttled cars for a rental company one summer. Did it with a bunch of buddies, and had a blast. I worked fast food for two weeks before I realized that it wasn't for me. Stocked shelves at a local grocery/department store for a year, which was really cool in some ways. They let me design my own sets after I'd demonstrated that I could do it. Having a little control over what you do can make a mundane task a bit more enjoyable.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Wait until you're 35 with Bi-Polar, ADHD and Panic Attacks....then try to get a job. It doesn't get easier the older you get. I had an interview at the old radio statio I orked at and hopefully by Tuesday they'll let me know what my chances are of getting back in the door.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 10:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey man, just chill.... im your age and im not gonna be 18 until Nov. so i know what your goin through. i went through and i guess still kind of am goin what u went through. everything is 18+ just about now a days, except for the fast food industry which i refuse to work in. just keep trying retail stores. say you would want to work the registers, it seems bein a cashier is pretty much all thats open to a minor. i tried Target and that didn't work for me, but then i tried Best Buy and i made it to my 3rd interview w/ the area GM this upcoming wednesday and from what ive been hearing, im pretty much in. so see minors can get work in something besides fast food. you just gotta keep trying. (also it doesnt hurt that the Best Buy i applied to isnt open yet and won't be until the end of Sept. so its brand new)
    "And I used to wonder why, then later i realized, cuz he's Eddie Fuckin Van Halen!"
    -Michael Ian Black on VH1's I Love the 80s as to why Eddie Van Halen is always smiling.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    Work can and should be fun. I think it's important to find a job that you can enjoy.
    Mike's right. Find what you like to do, what you're good at that doesn't feel like work; and that is your talent. You can wait the 5 months, or put an ad in the paper for guitar lessons, repair, whatever until you are 18. The 'service directory' has all sorts of independent contractors, so borrow $20 and put an ad out until you turn 18.

You know who I don't envy? Birds. They have no way to really stock up on food, refridgerate worms, or plan any huge stockpile of anything, but they manage to survive. There is an energy in the cosmos that feeds them, and if you tap into that and let it work for you, you won't have to work so hard for it.

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can't expect to find a job in a week. And I agree with MikeL that you can find a job that you enjoy, but I don't think that's always a possibility. If work was fun they wouldn't call it work, they'd call it fun. But there are places that do hire at 16. I worked at Target starting at the age of 16, and you can get a job stocking shelves there pretty easy. And although the work sucks, I did make a lot of friends and spent a lot of time socializing with my co-workers. And it was easy work for $8 an hour. Wal-Mart is the same way, or you can go fast food. This summer I'm working 50 hrs per work in AR at Motorola, which sucks, but they are paying me $17 an hour, which kicks ass. And after work, I head out to a baseball field and umpire a game for $50 cash, which I enjoy doing. So right now I've got a shit job, and an awesome job. But when you need money you do what you gotta do.

But I know where you're coming from with your mom being on your case. When I was 16 and didn't have a job yet, which was for about 1 1/2 months, all my mom did was hassle me because I was a bum lying around in the house doing absolute shit. And just about every teenager is the same way. And you had a job for 2 months already, and I'm guessing your mom probably wasn't on your case nearly as much. And there are two upsides to having had that shit job, your mom probably wasn't on your case, and you were coming up with some cash. So if you've only got 5 months, take a crap job for a while, make some money, stop getting yelled at, and then once you turn 18, start looking for a better job that pays more that you may like.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Double posted by mistake
    Last edited by LoveWalkinIn; 07.30.05 at 03:54 PM.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phatie
    You know who I don't envy? Birds. They have no way to really stock up on food, refridgerate worms, or plan any huge stockpile of anything, but they manage to survive. There is an energy in the cosmos that feeds them, and if you tap into that and let it work for you, you won't have to work so hard for it.
    Gary? Gary Busey, is that you?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    Gary? Gary Busey, is that you?

I am hoping to lock in a deal on a house, and feel I am being tested before the whole thing comes together. Just now, I walked into a *Mexican restaurant, and there was a guy out front asking for some change for "a taco." I only had 65 cents or so in change, and gave that to him, but it wasn't enough.

I got the change for my order, and went outside to give him the 98 cents or so. He came in and ordered a taco and looked back at me and said, "man, tacos are expensive here." I just held up my hands and shrugged. I did my part to keep him from starving, but its not like I'm going to have dinner with him. He outweighed me by 100 pounds, so I figured he's been eating well, and I did my part.

A deaf *Mexican man came in and set down 3 keychains in front of me and walked away as I wondered if I should give the *Mexican girl who took my order at the cash register a couple dollars for a tip. The keychains said something like, "Hi, I'm deaf and sell these keychains for $3. I'm not asking for money, but if you see one you like, buy it from me."

So, I put 3 dollars down after I saw a silver crucifix that was a whistle. Very heavy cross, and something you can't find for $3. I put down $3 and he nodded, smiled and walked away. My order was ready, and the guy who needed the food $ headed in.

The *Mexican girl had a bag, and a small bag on the side. The guy took the small bag because it had a taco in it, and heartily headed outside to eat his taco. She nodded at me, and smiled, and instead of a tip, I handed her the keychain crucifix and said, "I want you to have this. If you are ever in trouble walking alone, blow into the end; its a whistle. It will scare the devil away."

I headed out the door to drive up the street. I got inside, opened the bag, and the order was missing the taco. I realized that the guy grabbed mine, and never got his. I called information and got the number of the restaurant and the *Mexican girl who took my order answered in spanish. I asked her if she remembered me, and she said "yes." I told her that the hungry guy outside got my taco, and he also paid for one, so would she please bring him out another one. She said she was sorry, and I said, "don't be sorry, just make sure the gets other taco he paid for."

I realized I was being tested for my charity as I'm asking for a deal to happen and for my house to close while I buy this other nicer house without any issues. What will happen next is to be continued.

One thing is for sure; the guy who asked God to fill his stomach got that taco, and through a small blunder of timing, he got seconds when he thought he only had enough food to temporarily cure his hunger. Perhaps those next few minutes he thanked God for filling his stomach, and then the cashier brought him a second helping, and he considered it a blessing and a miracle.

The deaf *Mexican man most likely blessed both of us as he made his sale, and the cashier may use that whistle to keep from being attacked one day. Had I not given anything to any one of them, this story would never have happened.

Sometimes you get twice what you need through a maze of accidents, and don't even realize that you never had to stress out in the first place.

(*please refer to Mexican people as Mexican. "Hispanic" is the dumbest name you can call a Mexican. Take it from a Corona

Vovoid - Yes, how'd you know?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Satan gave me a taco.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

A fortiori, A cruce salus. Verbis ad verbera.