Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Old VH boot questions

Posted this at guitars101, I will give it a shot here too.

I am finally undertaking a huge project - converting all my tapes to CD. Before I start, I want to make sure that I don't reinvent the wheel. Sorry to post with so many questions, but I just don't have time to sort through every website and compare quality with what is already done vs. what I have on tape. Below is a list of tapes that I gave a "D" sound quality rating some years ago. Keeping in mind, I haven't "tape traded" since 1997. So I am sure some of these have been cleaned up. Before I put out anything that could be worse quality that what's out there, can anyone point me to good copies (for download) of the following shows:

All VH

Little Rock 3/28/86
    New York 3/25/78
    Pasadena 2/8/79
    Pasadena 11/18/77
    Pasadena 1976
    Milwaukee 4/14/80
    Women and Children First Session
    Glasgow, Scotland 5/21 (not for sure the year)
    Anaheim, CA 9/23/78
    Offenbach, Germany 10/11/78

I have tons more. Maybe some of these are rare...I don't know. Been out of the bootlegs for several years. But I plan to convert anything that isn't already available. If people are interested, I'll post more later.

Thanks!

Good Enough
    where Conan O'Brien is no longer president, a.k.a. Finland
    Favorite VH Album

All of them.
    Favorite VH Song

As Is.
    Last Online

10.03.17 @ 11:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Head to www.jamtothis.com and they'll help you out.
    Most of those look like boots that are already on the "market" though..
    Last edited by atomic_punk; 07.27.05 at 09:39 AM.
    -nobody rules these streets at night but me-

Favorite VH Album

VH1, FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of The World, Show No Merc
    Last Online

10.20.06 @ 08:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Blount, I have tons of old bootlegs on tape that I hardly listen to since I dont have a tape player and the car and I rarely listen to the stereo at home. I've wanted to put them on CD for a long time now but I dont have the equipment to do so. I don't know if this is something thats easy to do for you.
    Maybe we can work something out where I can send you the tape and you can send me back the CD (of course making a CD for yourself). Hell, I would probably even give you some blank CDs or pre-stamped envelopes.
    Van Halen Live: 15 shows.
    Have I seen my last one?

Last Online

07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ericjt
    Hey Blount, I have tons of old bootlegs on tape that I hardly listen to since I dont have a tape player and the car and I rarely listen to the stereo at home. I've wanted to put them on CD for a long time now but I dont have the equipment to do so. I don't know if this is something thats easy to do for you.
    Maybe we can work something out where I can send you the tape and you can send me back the CD (of course making a CD for yourself). Hell, I would probably even give you some blank CDs or pre-stamped envelopes.

I would love to help you out, but it may be a while. I've got several projects going on at the moment. Are most of your boots VH? If so, maybe we won't have to trade and I can just post them online (that will only help you if we have some of the same stuff). Also, I'm not really doing this for trade, because from what I have seen, some people only want FLAC and not MP3. I use Magix Audio Lab software and I am not for sure if I can even do them in FLAC files, plus I think they take up more disc space...this is a space saver and convenience project for me.

So, if your just wanting something to listen to, and it doesn't have to be in FLAC, I can help you out...it just may take some time.

Favorite VH Album

VH1, FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of The World, Show No Merc
    Last Online

10.20.06 @ 08:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I only have VH boots. I have over 50 shows on tape from all eras. I've been collecting since 1984.

I just want to listen to the ones I have in the car. I don't get involved in the whole FLAC/MP3 debate.
    The benefit of this is I get a show on CD (which I dont have the eqipment to do) and you get a show you don't have.
    This really wouldn't be a trade, per say. I'm just giving you a tape and you give me a CD. What you do with the tape I don't care.

I'm in no hurry. Think about it and let me know. Let me just ask one quick question. Some of them are good quality, but some of them are just terrible crappy, someone snuck a walkman into the Arena type of bootlegs. Can you clean up any of it or will it be the same quality as the tape? If so, there are a few that aren't even worth putting on disc.
    Van Halen Live: 15 shows.
    Have I seen my last one?