Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Got Some Great News....

It's not often, or ever, that I post personal stuff here. But, last night I got some really great news regarding my godfather. In short, in March 2004 he was senselessly murdered in front of his home as he was preparing to leave for work one morning. Due to the early morning hour, there weren't any witnesses, so his murder pretty much went unsolved for a year.

Then, this past March, one year later, someone knocked on my godmother's door stating he had info to share regarding her husband's murder. The police and detectives assigned to the case were called and statements taken from this witness.

Now, the latest update.

Last night, my mom called me and provided me with a link to the story below:

http://www.sgvtribune.com/Stories/0,...978916,00.html

Article Published: Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 5:59:32 PM PST

Two Arrested in Year-Old Murder

Tip came after newspaper article on anniversary

By Ivy Dai , Staff Writer

HACIENDA HEIGHTS -- Two arrests were made in the shooting death of a local man outside his home last year after an anonymous informant read a newspaper article about the anniversary of the slaying.

Ann M. Harrison, 24, and Juan Tovar, 18, were arrested earlier this month on suspicion of first-degree murder in the shooting death of 51- year-old James Ramos, according to Sheriff's Homicide Detective Dan McElderry.

Harrison was arrested on July 13, and Tovar was arrested on July 8. Officials suspect Harrison was the driver of the car and Tovar was the shooter.

Both are being held on $2 million bail, and are expected to be arraigned on Aug. 19 at the West Covina Superior Court, officials said. Harrison and Tovar's city of residence wasn't immediately available.

The arrests were a surprise to family members because the shooting happened more than a year ago.

"We're finally putting a face to the person who committed the murder of my father,' said Ramos' second oldest son, Joseph.

Ramos was killed outside his home on Canelones Drive in Hacienda Heights about 3:15 a.m. March 2, 2004. He was getting ready to go to work at Albertsons, where he had worked for more than 30 years, but his Jeep wouldn't start, authorities said.

As he was changing the car battery, a woman with shoulder-length hair and blond streaks drove by in a 2003 or 2004 red Toyota Corolla "S- Type' with a spoiler on the trunk and a louder-than-normal muffler. A male passenger fired one shotgun blast into Ramos.

Authorities said they were contacted by someone who read a story in this newspaper about the shooting on the anniversary of Ramos' death and the arrests followed.

Sometimes time is a good thing, according to Sgt. Richard Longshore.

"In cold cases especially, you convert time into an ally,' Longshore said. "As time continues to pass, relationships change, people change. If they were once intimidated by someone who lives on the block, they no longer are.'

Ramos' wife, Vivian, didn't want to comment on the arrests. Her son Joseph, 29, says she was having a tough time this week, and is trying to stay strong.

"Part of me was feeling relieved but another part was feeling anxiety,' he said. "We just got through dealing with this stuff and now we have to go through this whole court phase.'

Ramos' youngest son, Jason, said that despite the arrest, he's still depressed and harbors a lot of anger from the death of his father.

"I was kind of very surprised and happy at the same time, but it's still not going to bring back my father,' Jason Ramos, 21, said. "I just hope everything gets settled and justice will prevail for these people.'

-- Ivy Dai can be reached at (626) 962-8811, Ext. 2730, or by e-mail at ivy.dai@sgvn.com .

What the article didn't mention was that it was gang affiliated, but that the shooter only committed this act in an attempt to be initaited into a gang. My godfather was as honest as they came, a decent human being and a good man. To even think he'd be associated with any gang whatsoever would be beyond ludicrous.

I'm just glad this little punk-ass coward has been caught.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That's great news, it's always nice to hear when scumbag lowlives get caught. You must be ecstatic!
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Good. Good for the cops. Were I king, gangbangerweenies would be exterminated.

Sorry about your Godfather, Vince, the idea that some dickless cum-swallower killed him just so that he could move to the lowest rung on the social ladder (below child molesters) is tragic.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good, I'm glad that they were finally caught for all of your sakes. But what a senseless crime. Just to get into a gang they destroyed a family. I hope the law deals hashly with them. This is just horrible Vince.
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

good to hear V!

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

This is so great to hear, plus it's nice you and your family have some closure on this issue. Plus, couldn't agree more with what Axmann stated!!!

HH <------can't wait untill these scumbags become Tyrone's BITCH'S!!!----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Glad to hear they have caught the fuckers.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Great news, Vince...Best to your godmother!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

I am glad you recieved some great news! I hope the best for you and your Godfathers family!
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

08.16.08 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Glad to hear they caught the murderers. Sometimes there is justice in the world. I hope you and the rest of the family are able to get some closure from this.
    Last edited by SecretWind; 07.25.05 at 08:22 PM.
    Victory Over Violence
    www.vov.com

Soka Gakkai Int'l USA
    http://www.sgi-usa.org/thesgiusa/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Good stuff!

Vince, first of all, I'm profoundly sorry for your loss. I know it can't be easy for you....

Most importantly, good WILL overcome. And it seems in this case, it has. I wish you and those around you nothing but the best.

That little fucker who took your Godfather's life will burn for what he's done. Trust in that!

Take care my man!
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Great news Vince, hopefully this will help in you and your families healing process.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

07.09.11 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So sorry about your tragic loss, Vince. Glad that those responsible have been caught. I hope the court's hands down a fitting sentence so justice has been served, especially for you and your family...
    Last edited by Rovus; 07.26.05 at 03:30 AM.
    Bobby Cohn: Who's going to be at Waynestock?
    Wayne Campbell: Um, uh...Aerosmith & Pearl Jam!
    Garth Algar: Ha ha ha ha ho!
    Bobby: Who else?
    Garth: Uh, me...and...and Wayne...
    Wayne: ...and uh...VAN HALEN!!!
    Garth: Wow. Van Halen. Who else?
    Bobby: Yeah, who else?
    Wayne: Uh, an old man fashioning a kayak out of a log?

- Wayne's World 2

"God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." - Winston Churchill

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Sorry to hear about your Godfather's untimely death V. It's hard to deal with this tragedy all over again, but at least those punks got what they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura
    ...That little fucker who took your Godfather's life will burn for what he's done. Trust in that...
    More like his starfish will burn once he becomes Bubba's new love in the slammer!!!
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle