Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

05.23.09 @ 06:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default AC/DC Again

Remember the rumors that VH was going to tour with AC/DC in 2006. Well, looks like half of it is true so far. I realize that NOTHING has been mentioned about Van Halen joining them and with all of the latest drama it is probably unlikely that this will happen. But what if it did. AC/DC are staying very hush about the details of the tour. This is a rumor worth thinking about. Then again, ticket prices would probably be through the freakin roof.

http://www.antimusic.com/rocknews/

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 1,602 Times in 984 Posts

Donor

AC DC already confirmed a while back they'd be touring in '06, just before they released their DVD set this year. So no big update here.

Still...this rumor's a fun one. I still can't imagine Edward accepting an opening gig for ANYBODY, even AC DC. 'Cause there's no way AC DC would open for Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'll be going whether VH is there or not. Never seen AC/DC LIVE and always wanted to, so I'm not missing them this go 'round...
    Last edited by sixstring; 07.25.05 at 02:36 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

I know for a fact AC/DC wouldn't open for Van Halen and Van Halen wouldn't open for AC/DC. But they will tour together and, from what I hear, they will get around this problem by playing simultaneously.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay
    I know for a fact AC/DC wouldn't open for Van Halen and Van Halen wouldn't open for AC/DC. But they will tour together and, from what I hear, they will get around this problem by playing simultaneously.
    What in different states????

I have never seen AC/DC either, but I have no doubt that they rock live. They are one of the only big rock bands left on my list.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.17.11 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yeah, I heard Bon Scott was going to front Van Halen too!
    \m/_ _\m/

Gibbo

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay
    I heard the same thing. Apparently they're going to hang a big sheet in the middle of the stage and AC/DC will play on one side and VH the other.

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Not gonna happen, but man would that be cool. I thought it was awesome when AC/DC opened for the Stones at a couple shows!
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Last Online

Donor

Those of you who are to date uninitiated with the thunder from down under...(ahem, Paw)....do yourselves a solid and see them with GOOD seats. Acca Dacca rawks huge. Loud and large, and Angus still wears his little boy blues, and he still nails every friggin' tune.

Nothing quite like live Back in Black. Talk about an entire arena grooving and rocking and singing together. And don't forget to cover your ears at the end of For Those About to Rock...the cannons WILL incur hearing damage. Alas, I know.

Loudest shows EVER. Preferably see them, if possible, at an outdoor venue.

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Those of you who are to date uninitiated with the thunder from down under...(ahem, Paw)....do yourselves a solid and see them with GOOD seats. Acca Dacca rawks huge. Loud and large, and Angus still wears his little boy blues, and he still nails every friggin' tune.

Nothing quite like live Back in Black. Talk about an entire arena grooving and rocking and singing together. And don't forget to cover your ears at the end of For Those About to Rock...the cannons WILL incur hearing damage. Alas, I know.

Loudest shows EVER. Preferably see them, if possible, at an outdoor venue.
    My first ever concert was AC/DC at Long Beach Arena. NOTHING has since even come CLOSE to matching them in loudness. We're talking PAINFUL. I loved it
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    My first ever concert was AC/DC at Long Beach Arena. NOTHING has since even come CLOSE to matching them in loudness. We're talking PAINFUL. I loved it
    Oh, those 15-20k indoor arenas are where they really get your eardrums bleeding. LA Sports Arena, summer of '91, I swear my chest cavity was gonna implode. Didn't hear right for a fucking week.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You guys are getting me pumped to see those guys, matter of fact I am going to go and buy the Live at Donington DVD!!!

I still hope and pray to see a sober happy Van Halen with them, opening, closing, playing in the middle, I don't care.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sixstring
    I'll be going whether VH is there or not. Never seen AC/DC LIVE and always wanted to, so I'm not missing them this go 'round...
    Ditto
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Favorite VH Album

FW, ADKoT, VH1, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Blood & Fire, ATBL
    Last Online

01.06.13 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VH with Sammy could and most likely would open for AC/DC...VH with DLR?! NO WAY!!
    They would have to flip flop like Sam and Dave did in '02. The demand would be too great for them to just be an opener. Too many great songs to play.
    AC/DC = Awesome live.
    VH w/Sammy + AC/DC = Concert of the Millenium
    VH w/DLR + AC/DC = Concert of a lifetime!
    "The music of Van Halen is vital."-David Lee Roth-1978

VH Shows....
    10-22-1988 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    10-15-1991 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    10-16-1991 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    04-28-1995 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    05-24-1998 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    09-09-2004 - Tampa Forum - Tampa, FL
    02-14-2008 - Amway Arena - Orlando, FL
    05-09-2008 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ
    04-12-2012 - Amway Center - Orlando, FL

Last Online

Donor

LOL, there's no way is AC/DC ever gonna open for Van Halen, with Dave, Sam, or Robert Plant fronting. The 'demand' from hardcore Van Halen fans, even with Dave, would hardly supercede AC/DC's fan base. VH would be a 'bonus' for the unwashed masses. For people like us, it'd be the main draw, obviously.

AC/DC is a much bigger mainstream act in the U.S., as well as globally. The biker bar gene pool alone trumps all us Halen squids.