Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

06.07.13 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Couple of things to hopefully make you smile....

Hi folks - UK correspondant Brand X here......as we all seem a bit down on this site of late (understandably), I thought I'd write down a couple of events that are pretty cool / pretty funny.....

1) I got married last month - after the 'walk down the isle' music (Mark Knopfler - The Princess Bride), we had the mighty VH - Not Enough whilst sighning the register, and When It's Love for when we were leaving the ceremony......

2) Took the kids out in my company car last night that has a cool cd-changer, my two boys then start arguing over which one of there favourite songs is the best.....nothing new there.....

However - Jack is 5, Dylan is 3 and the songs were Jump and Panama!

Whilst on my way home yesterday - my pal calls me and asks me to pop in on the way home.On arrival, he asks if I'm playing on the evening (I play pretty much every weekend at gigs over the UK), to which I say yes....he says 'use this one tonight' and breaks out a brand new 'relic' 5150......this thing could have been Ed,s it's brand new but beat the shit out of...all the fades, all the nicks and fag burns - it's awesome.

So on the night, as the strings were lighter than I ususally use I stuck with my Wolfie Standards.......but we do Jump third from last so I used it for that and the remainder of the set / encores.

What a guitar......playus like a dream....I gotta get £1000 together from somewhere!
    Ed: Actually, the last record I bought was by a band called Brand X
    Al: I make my living by viciously attacking something
    Mike: ...actually I don't drink.
    Sammy: Are these yours Eddie?
    Dave: Look at that ankle - dirty girl!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.18.13 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X
    Hi folks - UK correspondant Brand X here......as we all seem a bit down on this site of late (understandably), I thought I'd write down a couple of events that are pretty cool / pretty funny.....

1) I got married last month - after the 'walk down the isle' music (Mark Knopfler - The Princess Bride), we had the mighty VH - Not Enough whilst sighning the register, and When It's Love for when we were leaving the ceremony......

2) Took the kids out in my company car last night that has a cool cd-changer, my two boys then start arguing over which one of there favourite songs is the best.....nothing new there.....

Whilst on my way home yesterday - my pal calls me and asks me to pop in on the way home.On arrival, he asks if I'm playing on the evening (I play pretty much every weekend at gigs over the UK), to which I say yes....he says 'use this one tonight' and breaks out a brand new 'relic' 5150......this thing could have been Ed,s it's brand new but beat the shit out of...all the fades, all the nicks and fag burns - it's awesome.

So on the night, as the strings were lighter than I ususally use I stuck with my Wolfie Standards.......but we do Jump third from last so I used it for that and the remainder of the set / encores.

What a guitar......playus like a dream....I gotta get £1000 together from somewhere!
    Most people here in VHLINKS don't know what "Fags"are...to educate ....simply....cigerettes.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me/Dreams/Learning
    Last Online

11.14.12 @ 08:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who really cares what you're doing....we just want our VAN HALEN....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Hi, what band are you in and where do you play.. would be happy to give you some support from a fellow UK VH fan!!!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edson
    Who really cares what you're doing....we just want our VAN HALEN....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice sentiment dude - If you don't care about what I or anybody else is doing, what are you doing here - this won't bring you your Van Halen - but you choose to frequent anyway.

No worries - I'll just go to bed with my beautiful size 8 wife with my kids tucked up in bed after playing a great gig with a 5150 relic....what to you do in your spare time?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning / Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans being
    Last Online

02.07.12 @ 01:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ditto Stillediesangel. Where and when do you play, Brand X?

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel
    Hi, what band are you in and where do you play.. would be happy to give you some support from a fellow UK VH fan!!!!
    Ditto Stillediesangel. Where and when do you play, Brand X?

Hi folks - We play all over the shop really, we're based in Solihull / Redditch, but play up to Leicester, across to Shropshire / Herefordshire, down to Swindon, Bristol and London occasionally, The band has two acts - one is just a covers thing called Smooth Inc, the other is an 80's tribute called 'A Flock of 80's' we wear all the cliche 80's clothes for this....Adam and the Ants jackets, white socks, jam-shoes, mirrored Aviators - it's a good laff.

We cram lots of Halen, Bon Jovi, ZZ Top in there as well as more mainstream pop stuff like Duran Duran all done with loud distorted guitar!

Stilleddiesangel......if we get to Yorkshire I'll let you know!

Tranz - Don't know where you are mate.