Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    03.25.04
    Posts
    4
    Last Online

    01.06.07 @ 07:57 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Contract Conspiracy?

    I really think Roth is back now and the media crap with Sammy is to keep a surprise for the fans..I know Roth is on the road and he might be taking Sterns job..The Sam and Dave tour was what a boxing event..Taking jabs in the press to keep it hidden..Dave jamming with VH in 2000 and the the cancer deal with ed..During this lawyers and and ed healing..Dave disappears..silence until 2002 with announcement of Sam and Dave tour and on the same day ed announces he is cancer free..2years later 2004 Sam back in Vh but he has a problem Ed..(Just like Dave does and now Mike)
    U know talking shit to the press about your brother is b.s. I personally think it is shallow and it's like selling your dignity..But what does Ed do? Keep silence and for that I respect more than anything...

  2. #2
    Top Of The World TomP's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.09.04
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    199
    Last Online

    09.30.05 @ 06:56 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I don't think Roth's back in. And if he is, the guys who are orchestrating these diversion tactics should work for the CIA or something.

    I don't think Eddie's maintaining a dignified silence or anything like that. I just think he doesn't give a shit any more.

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Likes
    3,502
    Liked 18,126 Times in 8,952 Posts

    Default

    Van Halen is currently a two man band, Ed and Alex. I don't care what the website says, Sam and Mike are no longer a part of Van Halen. They may be in the future, but right now Sam and Mike are doing their own thing without any regard to Van Halen.

    Sad but true.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,179
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 01:28 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,601 Times in 983 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    No.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 07.21.05 at 11:27 AM.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk ZeoBandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    41
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    17,830
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Likes
    54
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Roth is not back in VH. Give it a rest already. VH is done for the forseeable future.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

    www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

  6. #6
    On Fire SecretWind's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.10.05
    Age
    52
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    369
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    08.16.08 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foghalen
    I really think Roth is back now and the media crap with Sammy is to keep a surprise for the fans..I know Roth is on the road and he might be taking Sterns job..The Sam and Dave tour was what a boxing event..Taking jabs in the press to keep it hidden..Dave jamming with VH in 2000 and the the cancer deal with ed..During this lawyers and and ed healing..Dave disappears..silence until 2002 with announcement of Sam and Dave tour and on the same day ed announces he is cancer free..2years later 2004 Sam back in Vh but he has a problem Ed..(Just like Dave does and now Mike)
    U know talking shit to the press about your brother is b.s. I personally think it is shallow and it's like selling your dignity..But what does Ed do? Keep silence and for that I respect more than anything...
    I applaud you're positive optimism, but I can't help but be cynical. Sounds too good to be true at this point.
    Victory Over Violence
    www.vov.com

    Soka Gakkai Int'l USA
    http://www.sgi-usa.org/thesgiusa/

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing! Sunya's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.01
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    3,053
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain


    There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

  8. #8
    Eruption mk5's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.15.04
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    738
    Favorite VH Album

    5150 & 1984
    Last Online

    04.30.16 @ 03:52 PM
    Likes
    4
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    As much as most everyone here would dig it, to the outside world today, I hardly think it'd even make a splash. Even if it did happen, there's a big damper on the whole thing because the past 20 years. If they do reform, Van Halen should change it's name to TNT (like the cable network). Then, they could have their first album titled "We know drama."

    But what the hey...get 'em together one last time, say your goodbyes, and go your separate ways. Van Halen will not ever be what they were in the 80s or even 90s. I love 'em, but it looks like the ride is at an end. Prove me wrong, boys, prove me wrong.
    Last edited by mk5; 07.21.05 at 01:04 PM.
    How open-minded do I have to be before my brains start spilling out?

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mk5
    As much as most everyone here would dig it, to the outside world today, I hardly think it'd even make a splash. Even if it did happen, there's a big damper on the whole thing because the past 20 years. If they do reform,
    Van Halen should change it's name to TNT (like the cable network). Then, they could have their first album titled "We know drama."

    But what the hey...get 'em together one last time, say your goodbyes, and go your separate ways. Van Halen will not ever be what they were in the 80s or even 90s. I love 'em, but it looks like the ride is at an end. Prove me wrong, boys, prove me wrong.
    If KISS could have a massive reunion tour, VH certainly could as well. VH was much more popular for a longer period of time and had a hell of a lot more substance. The key is promotion, hype, making it an event. My younger brother, who didn't know a single KISS song, went to their reunion show with friends his age. VH could stage a huge comeback tour, hell last year's tour could have been a hell of a lot bigger. All it would take is a massive media blitz, TV appearances, VH1 tie in, radio interviews, performance on Letterman, all with a healthy, happy, and talkative Eddie. A new album that receives radio airplay certainly wouldn't hurt either. If done right it could be done--unfortunately VH hasn't done anything right since 1996.

  10. #10
    Eruption mk5's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.15.04
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    738
    Favorite VH Album

    5150 & 1984
    Last Online

    04.30.16 @ 03:52 PM
    Likes
    4
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menlow
    ... all with a healthy, happy, and talkative Eddie...
    That's the trick, isn't it? The guy is his own worst enemy.

    I agree with you that a DLR/VH reunion would be bigger than KISS (otherwise I'd be at the KISS board...), but it's just a flash in the pan. They aren't going to crank out albums anymore like they used to. Even the 10 years of material he's got "stashed"--how much of it do you think is groundbreaking or even on par with, say, Balance? Now that's a whole 'nother debate and thread, but I don't think he's got another 1984 or 5150 album in him. I expect any more music from EVH to be akin to "III" or Balance, no matter who's at the mic.

    If I'm proven wrong, I'll be the first to HAPPILY admit it.
    Last edited by mk5; 07.21.05 at 01:18 PM.
    How open-minded do I have to be before my brains start spilling out?

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,323
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Likes
    295
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomP
    I don't think Roth's back in. And if he is, the guys who are orchestrating these diversion tactics should work for the CIA or something.

    I don't think Eddie's maintaining a dignified silence or anything like that. I just think he doesn't give a shit any more.
    I agree. Eddie has also said that all Sammy and Mike are doing is going out and making money. Because they haven't made any new "tunes" as Ed put it.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  12. #12
    Eruption
    Join Date
    07.16.03
    Posts
    1,243
    Last Online

    07.13.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150
    I agree. Eddie has also said that all Sammy and Mike are doing is going out and making money. Because they haven't made any new "tunes" as Ed put it.
    Sam has released far more material in the last 10 than Eddie. Even since the tour he has released new music. Eddie should read a paper occasionally and see whats happening outside his compound.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Likes
    3,502
    Liked 18,126 Times in 8,952 Posts

    Default

    Everyone is over estimating the draw of a classic VH reunion. There is no bigger Dave fan in the world than me, but I am also realistic. The longer the timespan of inactivity continues, the less of a deal it becomes to the average fan. If it had panned out in either 1996 or 2000 it would have been huge, but it's time has passed. It would be lucrative, but they would no longer be selling out arenas unless they packaged it with some other classic rock band.

    Look at Fleetwood Mac. The original reunion tour was successful, but the follow up album of originals did poorly and they started cancelling shows on the last tour due to lack of sales. I unfortunately believe that VH is in the same boat.
    Last edited by Dave's Dreidel; 07.22.05 at 07:35 AM.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  14. #14
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,700
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 08:41 AM
    Likes
    1,263
    Liked 11,555 Times in 4,924 Posts

    Default

    Dave is not back in VH, it's never going to happen.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel
    Van Halen is currently a two man band, Ed and Alex. I don't care what the website says, Sam and Mike are no longer a part of Van Halen. They may be in the future, but right now Sam and Mike are doing their own thing without any regard to Van Halen.

    Sad but true.
    Yes, follow up reunion tours aren't neccessarily big sellers. If Dave did regroup with VH, a second reunion tour with Dave wouldn't generate much interest--much like Kiss's second reunion tour. However, the first Fleetwood Mac reunion coincided with "The Dance" concert special on VH1 and their being elected into the RARHOF and was pretty big.

    If VH and Dave did do a reunion tour, it could be big if promoted right--not as big as in 1996--but still successful, however there would be no place for the band to go afterwards. They would be really better off retiring the VH brand name afterwards.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Van Halen's Contract Rider - Contract with Promoters/Venues
    By austxdan in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01.26.07, 03:42 AM
  2. Conspiracy Theories....
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07.31.05, 09:05 PM
  3. Six Flags Conspiracy
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06.28.05, 01:47 PM
  4. your favourite conspiracy theories...
    By edwardocatflappo in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05.17.02, 10:50 AM
  5. Dodge Conspiracy???
    By Jape Man in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03.10.01, 07:19 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •