Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

09.30.05 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Right now, I just wish Van Halen would officially hang it up

I'm sick of all the rumours and bullshit. Van Halen should just announce that they're retiring for good; would make it way easier for everyone. As much as I'd love to have seen the CVH reunion, is there anyone who honestly believes that at this stage it wouldn't be a train wreck both on the stage and off it?

The best course of action is for them to officially call it a day. They're absolutely ruining their legacy at a frightening rate as it is.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I wish they'd get a new guitarist and make an album.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 AM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Phatie
    I wish they'd get a new guitarist and make an album.
    PUT THE CRACKPIPE DOWN AND SLOWLY STEP AWAY...

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.31.15 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TomP
    I'm sick of all the rumours and bullshit. Van Halen should just announce that they're retiring for good; would make it way easier for everyone. As much as I'd love to have seen the CVH reunion, is there anyone who honestly believes that at this stage it wouldn't be a train wreck both on the stage and off it?

The best course of action is for them to officially call it a day. They're absolutely ruining their legacy at a frightening rate as it is.
    I absolutely agree. At the very least they could communicate via their website what their hopes/plans for the future are, so that loyal fans had realistic expectations.

By all indications the reunion with Sammy has failed to produce any post-tour momentum. It seems obvious that there are no plans for an album with Sammy despite Alex's statements and the issues seem to center around Sammy and Eddie, more to the point Eddie. He is the engine that drives this band and it is really obvious that keeping his band moving forward is no longer important to him. It's such a shame that the band has imploded the way it has so open endedly.

It's really amazing to me that a band with professional management can continuously find ways to alienate fans. At this point, they have lost so much credability that I doubt there is any hope of them doing anything again, aside from "best of's or a collaberation. I am sure Sammy contributes to the problems between himself and Eddie, but it is really obvious how Eddie has changed over the years. He does not appear to be a guy that is at peace and in control of his life. I am sure having an illness like cancer goes a long way in explaining that.

Van Halen's productivity is directly proportional to EVH's health and state of mind. If making music and maintaining a fan base is not important to this band, I wonder if our unconditional support for them should be important to us.

I wish all these guys well, but I have ZERO expectations for the future of Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by scotty5150
    You talkin to me, or Eddie?

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

Donor

Yes.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

OK, you're right, they should hang it up. Actually, I still feel that they did hang it up back in 96 when BOV1 was released.
    I wouldn't mind if they just polished up the music that they already have (those 10 albums worth) and just release them as instrumentals or something. I don't know about you guys, but I'm dying to know what that stuff sounds like. Eddie has been heading in a different musical direction and I would love to hear latest music from this musical genius.

And I was watching LWAN last night, and it got me pissed. The amount of fun they used to have on stage and how loose the show was. Last year's tour had a few smiles and was the same set every fucking night. But, despite all of that, I still wished they filmed it for release. It's most likely their last tour, so they should have captured it.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Van Halen's productivity is directly proportional to EVH's health and state of mind. If making music and maintaining a fan base is not important to this band, I wonder if our unconditional support for them should be important to us.
    true words in a nutshell.
    Harsh reality? shouldnt be a surprise to anyone really..it is the way it is for this band, and it has to be. He is the man, we all know that.
    His is a talent and genius that everyone else plays off, not vice-versa.
    Get it together Ed, or be a stand-up man and let your fans know you are through.
    and None of your Ambiguous BS like, " well, i am Eddie VH..the name on the band, and until im dead, its not the end of the band.,..."
    Shit or get off the Pot, yes you OWE us that.
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:38 AM
    Liked 1,618 Times in 995 Posts

Donor

Nah, that's not the best course. It's A course, sure.

There's an idyllic scenario that trumps retirement, but it requires some soul searching overhaul.

Last Online

02.18.12 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

"I write and play music for a living, I'm not a businessman. It seems like all attorneys ever do is stir up trouble. They create problems that never existed and ream you for half your money, then they try to fix what they started and nail ya for whatever money you got left. I'll tell ya, man, I don't see how these guys sleep at night." --Edward Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Balance-F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.06.08 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree, and in a way I think think they already have called it quits. Yet I only agree with them calling it quits if one of the following happened:

A) Ed releases a solo album with just him doing all the tracks, maybe with Al, but just bring in another producer. Eddy should only have input in production, not control.

B) Ed and Al form a new Band and call it something else (what was the name of VH before they changed it to VH-- Mammoth?? Go with that, or something else, who cares, just name the new band. Using VH, as the name at this point will start to tarnish their legacey. Although the new Band will still sound like VH, as Ed cannot stop sounding like Ed, they need a fresh start. No baggage of other singers just a new band.

C) Sammy, Micheal Anthony and the drummer from the Wabo's put out an album of NEW material, not Sammy's current trend of quick, easy remakes....

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

I'm not so sure about that. Most of the casual VH fans I know respect and enjoy the band. However, unlike us they don't necessarily hang aroung this board or read every tidbit written in magazines or posted on the internet, and therefore don't realize the band is so fucking dysfunctional. Sure, they are aware of the earlier lead singer soap opera, but I don't think anything that's happended in the past ten years registers on most people's radar. Their legacy is intact, it's the future that's suspect.

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Murphenstein
    I agree, and in a way I think think they already have called it quits. Yet I only agree with them calling it quits if one of the following happened:

A) Ed releases a solo album with just him doing all the tracks, maybe with Al, but just bring in another producer. Eddy should only have input in production, not control.

B) Ed and Al form a new Band and call it something else (what was the name of VH before they changed it to VH-- Mammoth?? Go with that, or something else, who cares, just name the new band. Using VH, as the name at this point will start to tarnish their legacey. Although the new Band will still sound like VH, as Ed cannot stop sounding like Ed, they need a fresh start. No baggage of other singers just a new band.

C) Sammy, Micheal Anthony and the drummer from the Wabo's put out an album of NEW material, not Sammy's current trend of quick, easy remakes....
    I'd be in favor of all three of these ideas, and thats three new albums to listen to.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chain
    I'm not so sure about that. Most of the casual VH fans I know respect and enjoy the band. However, unlike us they don't necessarily hang aroung this board or read every tidbit written in magazines or posted on the internet, and therefore don't realize the band is so fucking dysfunctional. Sure, they are aware of the earlier lead singer soap opera, but I don't think anything that's happended in the past ten years registers on most people's radar. Their legacy is intact, it's the future that's suspect.
    Sounds like a reasonable theory.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by scotty5150

I believe I posted a similar comment in another thread and I stand by my post.

As I've been saying all along, give VH the proper send off it deserves and call it a day.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One